Write about FOOD

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Write about FOOD

Post by Pirate »

Grow, Harvest, Cultivate, Produce, Prepare, Consume - Food!

Food is the lifeblood of human existence. Without it we become weak, inert, demoralized. Hunger and malnutrition permeate the planet. While some go without, others sustain their livelihoods by its production. And even others rarely think about where there food comes from; it is always just readily available. Despite these extremes, food acts as a unifer. People learn about one another through the sharing of food. Appreciation for difference is cultivated too. What do you eat? How do you make it? Where do you buy your food? Are you a farmer, a cook, a vegetarian? Do you want to be? What is your favorite meal? What are you yearning to try? What are the essential foods?

Hunger, eating disorders, agriculture, droughts, hormones and pesticides, nutrition, fair trade, food allergies, and food contamination - it's up to you to choose the issue that is relevant to you. You have an empty plate and a fully stocked kitchen. Create a food masterpiece and submit it to Panorama!

If you are interested, check the site:
http://www.takingitglobal.org/panorama/nextissue.html

And to have an image of their Panorama, check this:
http://www.takingitglobal.org/panorama/

Write something!
Pirate
blossom

Post by blossom »

Thank you pirate ;)
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

Did any of you write something? There are several featured articles that you might want to read:

Genetically Modified Foods in Africa: The Chain Termination Sequence by SIMBOWO ANTONY, Kenya

Obesity by Farah Hillou, United Arab Emirates

A Dietary Prescription by Maulik Baxi, India

Food: A Political or Nutritional Tool? by Yara Kassem, Egypt

Drink Lots of Water to Keep Gout at Bay by meshack omari onderi, Kenya

Canadian Wheat Board Controversy by Lisa Campbell, Mexico

[Poem]Hunger Cries by Jaycinth Johnson, United States

What is your relationship to food? All of us need it, some of us grow it, many of us cook it, but how many question it? Let's think about food with an open mind!

Feel free to post your thoughts about food, right here, right now :idea:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Find the necessary food.

Think that you are lucky.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Best food can made only of things, what is grown in your own garden, or at least in your own country. Here is unfortunately so many fakes. Example: If I want buy potatoes, then almost all sellers saing it's good Estonian stuff, but actually it's some cheap dasteless thing from south. I don't like things that is imported. I want good things that is grown in my own country.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Equitable and ecological food.

Consum local, for example : buy vegetables produced in the country (or better if possible : in the region) where you buy them.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

Hardi wrote:I don't like things that is imported. I want good things that is grown in my own country.
I understand, but you can't find all kinds of food right at your place :wink: . Enjoy some imported food if they really are!