EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Holidays are a waste of time.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby Arale » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:54 am

No one agrees holidays are a waste of time.As for me, hard working people deserve holidays though they may be short and it is really a waste of time for lazy people who only want to enjoy life but not work hard.

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby paradise » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:30 pm

Of course no

because we have to take a time for rest from our work , study ...etc . this time of rest help us to reactivate our effort to think and to give more
The one who guides to something good has a reward similar to its doer
paradise
Silver Member

Postby authorityquery » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:57 pm

Holidays become wasting because it's too long, but if nt, it's a good time.( about 7 days enough)
Holiday 's a time for you to relax and have a rest after hardworking.
Thanks.
MTV i like most wanted
authorityquery
Gold Member

difinitely not, because i can not take over 7 days vacation

Postby Yan999 » Thu May 12, 2005 8:47 am

i have to work from monday to friday and weekend is necessary for me after understressed for 5 days, if its what you say holidays is wasting time, i will say no.
but if you can have half an year holidays and no plan at all, then its YES. so the answer really depends.
Yan999

hello everybody.

Postby boss81vn » Mon May 30, 2005 4:19 am

hello everybody,
im a new one, i come from hcm city, vietnam.i joined this website with a desire to make friend with everybody in all over the world, i ask myself whether u would like to make friend with me by return email.
i look forward to hearing from your reply soon.

best regard.
email:trungcnguyen@ptsc.com.vn
hello everybody,
boss81vn

Postby Coolfish » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:17 am

Wo, holldays, my wish, my dream, but in fact, when I get into holldays, I find so many things to deal with. Only I have is a late waking.
Coolfish
Silver Member

waste of time? of course no

Postby slashworld » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:21 am

What's life? I personal opinion is that life is enjoying.Even though when people are studying and working, they also need enjoy themself. So why did you say that enjoying holidays was a waste of time? Human being's life shouldn't be such simple.we are not robots, so we need some vacation to relax ourselves,and relaxing is a way to adjust and ready to do a better work.
slashworld

Postby iris198783 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:47 pm

Holidays are not a waste of time. Holidays give people time to get away from their busy life. Nowadays, people are under stress because of heavy workload,sometimes when the stress get piled up,people can hardly think and the working efficiency will be extremely low. In order to relieve stress,it is always good to have holiday so that people can refresh their mind and resume their energy.
iris198783

Postby Coolfish » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:57 am

Yes, iris198783, you are right. Holidays can take us away from working stress and rushing life. A perfect holiday is easy, and we can enjoy the cheerful time.
But in fact, there is always something waiting for me in the holidays. It takes me so much precious time to treat them. This my real life, and how can I get out this sad things ?
Coolfish
Silver Member

Postby SpinArgel » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:47 pm

I guess there must be something "wrong" in the life of people who can't live without their job. I don't understand why they are very quick bored. Have they no personal life, no friends or family? I really need holidays for all this and of course to get back some energy.

I agree with networmwxj: You have to keep the right balance between work and holiday - then there can't be any wasted time.
SpinArgel

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion