Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

in / out / up

English grammar help. Grammar questions from ESL learners

Moderator: Alan

in / out / up

Postby suhann » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:02 am


Which one is correct :-

"Fill IN / OUT / UP the form."

TQ! :)
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: Malaysia

Postby googl » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:21 am

Although I'm not a teacher, I'm sure it'll be "fill IN the form" (it means "write some information there"
Silver Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:29 pm
Location: Poland

Postby Alan » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:50 am

Fill IN a form - British English.
Fill OUT a form - American English.
They have exactly the same meaning!

('Fill up', however, has a rather different different meaning.)
User avatar
EC Teacher
EC Teacher
Posts: 12003
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: Japan
Status: English Teacher

Return to Grammar Help

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests