Why do I choose English as second language?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

pBaL2

Post by pBaL2 »

I am not an English teacher as many members in this room, as well as not be a foreigner or student at University of Foreign Studies, or some one like that. So I wonder could I have any seat to stand here ;) ? I wonder it after reading some posts from all
I know all of you will say that "no problem" but is it true in your mind?
Any way, I try my best to improve my english, it is not only because of making friend, improving my English skill but also translating and singing English songs..
Yes, When I was a child without being teached English, I like English songs although I didn't understand any word of songs but I thought I will one day. I grow up day after day and realize that I love this language very much although I always tell every body "I dislike learning English; I don't know why? Or just hide my hobby ? I shouldn't do that, should I?
At least, I love English cause I have a chance to meet all of you, understand what you say, discusse every thing without worry being met on the street, hii, at least more , I can smile loudly without being seen by someone's curious eyes.
That's all my own reasons why I love learning English very much
And how abt you?
Last edited by pBaL2 on Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
_White orchid_
Srin Tuar

Re: Why do I choose English as second language?

Post by Srin Tuar »

pBaL wrote: Any way, I try my best to improve my english, it is not only because of making friend, improving my English skill but also translating and singing English songs..
Those are very good reasons.
If youve done all your learning just as a hobby, without going to any language schools or living in an English speaking country, then I think thats pretty impressive.

I like learning languages too, I guess its my hobby as well :)
a_sad_girl

Post by a_sad_girl »

Wow, it is a great thing to meet you, pBaL. My reasons are the same as yours. Only a defferent thing is that although i like or not, i also say it straight. I am studying at a college not concerned with English but learning the language is my biggest hobby. I hope oneday i can translate the articles on my major, especially from vietnamese into english. I wish to read english books including both story and science books. I love many english songs too. I like talking to friends throughout the world, discussing everything in english with them. It was strange that i used to dislike english very much, when i was younger. I liked math and once only thought of it. But some events made me care for foreign languages. And among very many interesting languages in the world, i chose english. I started to learn it by myself a year ago. Little by little i really love the language and now i wonder why i used to hate it?
a short girl only wants to be 5 cm taller...please help me!
Srin Tuar

Post by Srin Tuar »

a_sad_girl wrote: But some events made me care for foreign languages.
That sounds interesting. Would you be willing to share with us
about what made you change your mind?
pBaL2

Post by pBaL2 »

Hi Srin, I agree with you. Of course I take part in some English learning courses with Vietnamese teacher, not at VATC or SITC cause a delicate reason……hii (so forget it like a child, he he ;) )

Hey, sad-girl, would you like to tell us ( all of your friend here) the event can make you take notice of this language.
We are eager to know that cause we are friends and I don’t think you hide it, at least we can share together, I think :laugh
_White orchid_
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

pBaL wrote:
Yes, When I was a child without being teached English, I like English songs although I didn't understand any word of songs but I thought I will one day.
Hehehehe, I used to listen to the Beatles, Bee Gees, Carpenter, the Temptations and so on without understanding their songs.
baishui

Post by baishui »

I used to be an English major.I will keep on sharpening my language skills.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

english is most spoken language in the whole world. so why chose another one? simple answer.
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Actually, the most widely spoken is Chinese. English would be the most used internationally.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

oh yeah, that's what I meant. Chinese is most spoken. I must've forgotten heheh but still english is more popular..