EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Most popular sport in your country

Football, rugby, swimming, tennis... Painting, fishing, stamps

Moderators: Vega, EC

the most popular sport..

Postby damon » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:31 pm

I´m from Colombia. In my country the most popular sport is Soccer. Although we like every sport where a Colombian is playing or particpating. I think in South America, the most popular sport is Soccer. you can play it in any place, only you need a ball and four objects for make the porterys. (how do you say ¨porterias¨in english?)
damon

Postby Talal » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:04 am

Hi
I live in Canada , I'm from Kuwait . The most popular sport in my country is soccer . It's very nice game .

bye 8)
Talal
Silver Member

Postby Pirate » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:10 am

Hey Talal, you mean soccer is the most popular sport in Kuwait or in Canada?
Pirate
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Coolfish » Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:07 am

tobyboy wrote:Hi , I am from China ,so the most popular sport is table tennis .Now many parents send their children to have a training . But I am not good at it ,I just watch .And besides,badminton is also popular here .I like playing badminton.By the way ,I also like watching tennis match.And Andy Roddick is the best tennis player in my heart .

Recent years, more and more chinese young people rush into soccer and basketball. Also tennis is becoming popular day by day.
Coolfish
Silver Member

Postby jasminefu623 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:02 am

I am from Hong Kong, from my pont of view, the most popular sport here is badminton.Since there are not many open space for Hong Kong people to do excerise at outdoor, so there are not many outdoor sportsgroung in Hong Kong like tennis court. Also, the Hong Kongers are very busy here, so they do not have much time to do excerises, so I hope in the future, there will be more outdoor sportsgroungs , like tennis court in Hong Kong, since i love playing tennis.
jasminefu623

Postby blackberries » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:47 am

soccer is really famous ini indonesia,,but ill choose to watching,,i choose swimming or basketball,,honestly i dont know about soccer rules,,but sometimes i saw in tv,,thas interesting,, but to play of course i can play basketball,, i love that sport,,but in inodesia we have traditional sports too
blackberries

Postby Dawn » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:02 am

[quote="simplyblessedwithlove"][quote="pirate"] I know the King in the US & the Philippines is Basket Ball. In UK it's cricket above soccer.
Right?[/quote]
Americans love American's football, baseball, and basketball. Players from those three categories can reach millions in salary.[/quote]

Yup! You're right!!!
Dawn
Gold Member

Postby Butler » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:41 am

simplyblessedwithlove wrote:
pirate wrote: In UK it's cricket above soccer. Right?

Yup! You're right!!!

Well no you are wrong. I lived in London for 14 years and believe me football is the king of sports in the UK. Cricket is popular but only in summer. Football, especially the Premieship is the most watched league in the world too..long live football.
Butler
Rough Diamond Member

Postby pure_iman » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:26 am

hye,,
this is gonna be my first post,,,
i belongs to pakistan and most popular sports here is cricket and i think we are the most die hard fans of this game.cricket is not only popular in pakistan but also very popular in sub-continent . and the other sports like hockey ,squash ,soccer ,boxing are also popular sports here .
pure_iman

Postby Butler » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:14 pm

Hello pure_iman...yes Cricket is very popular there..I saw that in the last world cup...I watched cricket when I had a lazy day ahead...mostly England (I lived in London)...they seemed to always lose back then..been so long since I watched...who are the champions now??
Butler
Rough Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Sports & Hobbies