EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

In 60 years, cars will be history.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: A reply & A letter to make friends.

Postby Guest » Wed May 11, 2005 2:15 am

Usagi wrote: :P Well! I do not think that cars will be history as you said. Maybe that will happen in some modern cities but in the Third World I think a car is still one of the best way to transport :?: Do U agree?

Yes, totally agree with you right there. Right now, Vietnam still has a lot of motobikes and not yet many cars like other Western countries. I hope we'll get improved soon.

Usagi wrote: However, I really hope that we could use cars or motorbikes less in oder to protect our environment. Instead of using these vehicles U can go by bus or go on foot :? It is not only a cheap way to go but it also makes U more heathy.
P/S: My English is not very good. If there are some mistakes, please forgive me. Thanks! ;) I want to make friends with all of U.Write to me if U have free time.( I am Vietnamese and am 17 years old )

Well, using public transportation such as buses, subways, trains and stuff is nice, but not as nice as when you need to go to places as a family trip. It's nicer when you have your own personal space and moments.
By the way, your english is good. Hope to see more of your post. ;)

Postby Yan999 » Thu May 12, 2005 11:09 am

I think cars will not be history in 60 years. I want to illustrate one reason, in china, bicycle beeing used for a long time, for now, cars becomes more and more, traffic becomes more seriously day by day, so a lot of people want to ride to work, its all because of heavy traffic.
And i also wonder is it possible for us to be in the office by airoplane?
Yan999

Postby authorityquery » Mon May 16, 2005 4:21 pm

Hoho, It sounds alittle bit of crazy. I think people still use car for transportation. How about the energy? Maybe 60 years is a long time enough for people to exploit totally geothermal energy, and no more. People 'll use solar energy or they can find another energy to replace oil, It'll be big problem.
We can't use airplane to fly around a narrow city. Airplane is too big.
Thanks.
MTV i like most wanted
authorityquery
Gold Member

Postby Hardi » Mon May 16, 2005 4:48 pm

For energy they using human blood... like matrix movie.. http://dailynews.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050513/sc_afp/sciencehealthjapan
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Guest » Tue May 17, 2005 6:49 am

Hardi wrote:For energy they using human blood... like matrix movie...

That's nasty!

Postby takeshi » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:11 am

maybe at that time.we won't need to transport from one place to another by dealing with a thing,business,entertainment and so forth.coz the world wide net is too sophiscated to help us to complish everything at home.
as a result,car will be in the museum and offer the children to pick up knowledge about ancient transportation tools!
takeshi
Silver Member

Postby openboy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:16 pm

I have no car. So I think that you are very happy.
openboy

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:29 am

openboy wrote:I have no car. So I think that you are very happy.

How do you get around NY city? By public transportation?

Postby tandedao » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:04 am

May be we would not use cars in the future for we need not go to the wordplace(we can work at home).
tandedao
Silver Member

Postby vince90 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:50 pm

tandedao wrote:May be we would not use cars in the future for we need not go to the wordplace(we can work at home).

Some you may from work from home, but some you can’t. Like farmers, you can’t bring your farm into your house. :roll:
vince90
Platinum Member

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion