the new forum ?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

do you like the new look of EC forum and ESL forums toghether?

yes
53%
no
27%
dont care
20%

Total votes: 15

mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

the new forum ?

Post by mr_Love »

i'm just asking

about Mr- josef's new idea
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

I really like it, but I think I'll need a map to go around. :mrgreen:
nien

Post by nien »

Frankly, when I opened this forum couple of minutes ago, I was confused ... well, think I am still now.
Not sure if I'm gonna like this idea, since already too accustomed with the old form.
But, I'll adjust myself.
Dawn
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dawn »

I like it... but I think I need to take a closer look at the index 'coz it's kinda confusing... :roll:
frengo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by frengo »

For me the main issue is: "Who are all those unknown people, and why I've never met them before?"
I always like to meet new friends, nevertheless I think that having so many contacts at a time could make the relations less intense...
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

welocme back dear Frengo,,,

as you saied there are many new members...

i think it takes long time to know all of them
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

frengo wrote:For me the main issue is: "Who are all those unknown people, and why I've never met them before?"
I always like to meet new friends, nevertheless I think that having so many contacts at a time could make the relations less intense...
in my case, I love to make funny friends. I believe that among these unknown people, there must be funny friends.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

I like the new form. I never undestood why I have to get a pasword for one forum, and another for members forum.
Now is better, in fact there are new members I don´t know, but it will be interestint discover new characters.
There is only one thing I don´t like. The dates of the replies in the index. I find -example- a topic with the las reply in sep 23 2004 and in the next line a topic whose last reply was today. why not put in chronological order the topics?
Saku
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Saku »

Personally, I don't like the new forum. I only posted in the Help Desk, in which Teacher Alan answers all specific grammatical questions. But at the moment, many members post anything they like. :twisted: The new forum is too messy. :twisted:
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

I logged into learning center for a few times. frankly, I dislike it. it was too serious and cold, less fun, and it was unattractive.

sometimes a "messy" forum means that everyone can utter his/her opinions freely and feel comfortable to contact with others. I like the new forum.

Post by 123456 »

RedRose wrote:I logged into learning center for a few times. frankly, I dislike it. it was too serious and cold, less fun, and it was unattractive.

sometimes a "messy" forum means that everyone can utter his/her opinions freely and feel comfortable to contact with others. I like the new forum.
Redrose, from my standpoint, I agree with u. Internet is a freedom environment with no ties here. And forums are places u can utter your opinions that you don't afraid to someone harming u because of your words. So we can't change "messy" forums into "unmessy" forums.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Elba wrote:I never undestood why I have to get a pasword for one forum, and another for members forum.
I didn't know this problem. [Maybe because I was only on the members forum. :mrgreen: ]

We will simply adapt ourselves.

Why can I not put my smiling avatar ?

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

shokin wrote: Why can I not put my smiling avatar ?

Shokin
maybe your smile avatar is too big. you can modify its size and post it to a website. then you post it here as your avatar with URL
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

123456 wrote:[So we can't change "messy" forums into "unmessy" forums.
frankly, I don't think this forum messy.
Saku
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Saku »

123456 wrote: So we can't change "messy" forums into "unmessy" forums.
Absolutely agree with you! It's easy to make a forum messy, it's hard, even impossible, to turn a messy forum to a neat one. :wink:
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

what do u mean about "neat one"? plenty of rules? everyone has to beware? and as cold as previous forum of learning center?

that isn't supposed to be a club, it is a school, and if it is over-strict then , it is like a prison.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

RedRose wrote:
shokin wrote: Why can I not put my smiling avatar ?

Shokin
maybe your smile avatar is too big. you can modify its size and post it to a website. then you post it here as your avatar with URL
Actually : my new avatar had no problem before the new forum comes.

Shokin
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I was shocked when I logged in last Monday to see that all the forums had been mixed together. My immediate thought was "I don't like it". Like some have said, I thought it was too messy. However, I was in a rush because I had to take a train so I couldn't take my time to enjoy the new format.

I think that, despite we like it or not, we should make an effort and try to get used to it.
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

At first I didn't like it. I was shocked :shock: when I couldn't find any of the old friends in the forums, that's why I haven´t written a post recently but, I think I'll try it again and this will be a new chance to meet other people :lol:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Idalia, that is a poor excuse. We all missed you. If you don't post here, what will become of my fan club??? Don't you ever think about trying to pull that stunt again. :evil:
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

but now this forum is ok. it is up to members's taste.

if people, who wanna have fun and wanna a free atmosphere, can post their posts on the boards where Dixie and Butler and I are moderators

, and the people, who wanna be serious and scientific, can post their posts on Arale and Pirate's Boards.

those people, who wanna become monsters and perverts, can post their posts on Unknownsu's board :twisted:

but I guess none would visit Unknownsu's section, except his wife, poor Lalee :cry: :cry: :cry:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Oh my God, I can't stop laughing...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

RedRose wrote: but I guess none would visit Unknownsu's section, except his wife, poor Lalee :cry: :cry: :cry:
Yes, that's right! I'm his wife.
But Red, let me tell you a little secret. I don't visit his section either. Shhhh....
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

I don't know about that, Lalee. I think I recall you posting something not too long ago. You are a monster/pervert in the making.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

:roll: What are you talking about?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

RedRose wrote:those people, who wanna become monsters and perverts, can post their posts on Unknownsu's board :twisted:

:lol: :lol: poor master Su :!:
chemist
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by chemist »

The forum becomes too long but I like it.
What's important for me is you are still here guys , no matter of how the forum looks ,the matter is you are still here my friends.
And I can contact you every time I want.