EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Quran

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Elba » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:01 am

Redy,

I´m proud of you. Even you don´t belive in any religion you have the disposition to not close your mind and acept to know one of the most interesting books arround the world, and a 100 per cent holly book.
You must to read the chapter of Maria.
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Postby RedRose » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:28 am

oh, unbelievable! Quran mentioned Maria!

Elba, when I read your post, I jumped to the chapter about Maria. but it seems that Maria of Quan is so different than Maria of Bible. each religion has its own explanation about the same stuff.

Yeah, I am an Atheist. so from my viewpoint, each explanation is for its own religion.

and in Quran, Juses was a messenger of Allah just like Muhammad!
RedRose

Postby juhainah » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:44 am

Thanks RedRose for giving me the translator's name. I'll try to find that book.

It's good to hear that you wanna learn Arabic. At least u can count from 1 until 9 in Arabic. Don't give up, the task that takes a long time begins with one step (this is a proverb in Arabic). I can teach u Aranic if u want :) .

I totally agree with what u have said Elba. I also like this sense of quest in RedRose. Talking of the chapter of Maria, Maria of Bible is different than Maria of Quran. Moreover, Jesus is a messenger of Allah like Mohammed. We can talk in details about this issue. I'll be back to do so. If u have anything to discuss concerning this subject, RedRose, don't hesitate. I can inform u with anything dealt with each chapter.
juhainah
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:16 am

Elba wrote:Redy,

I´m proud of you. Even you don´t belive in any religion you have the disposition to not close your mind and acept to know one of the most interesting books arround the world

I was going to say the same!! Everybody should be as open-minded as RedRose. She doesn't believe in religion, and yet she is interested in reading that book and seeing what it is like. I don't know many people who would do something like that. Great job, Zhu!!! ;) I am your greatest fan :D
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby RedRose » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:37 am

Dixie wrote:
Elba wrote:´Great job, Zhu!!! ;) I am your greatest fan :D

OMG! last week my bf just said he was my fan(he meant, perverted fan), and now Dixie is my fan too. so Dixie is my second fan! :lol:

and juhainah, thank you for your help! if I have any problem when I start learning Arabic, I will let you know! :)
RedRose

Postby Elba » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:30 pm

Redy,

I´m your fan too, and Frengo, and Unknownsu and all EC members.
I know Quran has a different concept of Maria, but it is important you know this point of view and what she mean to muslims. I´m not defend the chatolic concept of the mother of Jesus, but I´m not atack it too.
What I mean is that people should know what the religious symbols mean for anothers in order to not ofend the feelings of nobody. After Quran you should read something about the Bible, and of course I recomend you the Apocrif chapters of the Bible. They would be difficult to find, but you can do it at Internet.
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Postby RedRose » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:48 am

thanks, fans! I will read Bible (although I already read some chapters of Bible online). and Now I have to read Quran. :lol:

Sometimes, religion books can widen our sights, and help us learn other cutures. that is pretty cool.
RedRose

Postby Usama » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:34 am

Hi...Can i join the disscusion?
or i will interrupt you.. :oops:

I am very glad to hear that you (redrose) enjoyed reading in Quran..
I am an arab also..and i can tell you whatever you want about Quran , Islam and Arabic language..(Such as juhainah :D )

Quran is really a superb book...it filled with a great number of miracles we can watch it nowadays...

and If you are intersted in reading more about maria in Quran, you can read the last sections of the third chapter in Quraan (Al-Emran)...Sory i am not quite sure of the spelling).

but i am really happy of being open-minded...
Usama
Silver Member

Postby RedRose » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:57 am

thanks usama for your enthusiastic help. Muslim are so kind.

yeah, I are reading Quran in detail. In this magic book, some explanations for natural phenomena are very amazing. some phonemena have been proved by modern advanced instruments just in pass 1000 years, but Quran described and explained these phonemena more than 1000 years ago! that is a real mystery!
RedRose

Postby Usama » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:37 pm

RedRose wrote: but Quran described and explained these phonemena more than 1000 years ago! that is a real mystery!

You are absolutely right.. :)
and that is the miracle..
Usama
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to Books & Authors