EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Effect of books on your life!

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Effect of books on your life!

Postby _Arale_ » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:54 am

How do books affect your life?

_Arale_
_Arale_

Postby MissLT » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:06 am

I don't think so. I can name as many females writers as male writers that I know. Amy Tan, Maya Angelou, Gwendolyn Brooks, Nikki Giovanni, and Helen Keller, for examples. You just have to keep up with their work. That's all
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby RedRose » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:11 am

the level and skills of writing have nothing to do with auther's sex.

yeah, just few women are authors, that is just because women are mostly involved into some housework, feeding kids, and so on. in the past, many women had not as many chances to receive education as men did.

there are many complicated backgrounds behind this phenomenon. it isn't a matter of gender.
RedRose

Postby Dixie » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:46 am

Arale :shock: I would never have expected such a question from you! :roll: :)
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Butler » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:04 pm

I agree with Dixie, its a silly question. Are female singers better than male? Are female actors better than male??

All about personal preferences.
Butler
Rough Diamond Member

Postby _Arale_ » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:49 pm

Butler wrote:
Dixie wrote:Arale :shock: I would never have expected such a question from you! :roll: :)

I agree with Dixie, its a silly question. Are female singers better than male? Are female actors better than male??

Well, please read my first post. I did say I DON'T THINK SO. I bet you haven't read it, except the TITLE. :evil:
Anyway, this TITLE was quoted from a research by scientists, I am just the one who repeat the question and give out my own opinion.

_Arale_
_Arale_

Postby MissLT » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:58 pm

Butler wrote:I agree with Dixie, its a silly question. Are female singers better than male? Are female actors better than male??

Oh yes, don't be so sure about that. It depends on who and who you're comparing with. And we can do it for generalization, too. Make a list of all the famous male singers in one column and the female singers in another to see which column has more famous people and voila, our answer for which gender is better at acting or singing :lol: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Butler » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:39 am

LennyeTran wrote:
Butler wrote:I agree with Dixie, its a silly question. Are female singers better than male? Are female actors better than male??

Oh yes, don't be so sure about that. It depends on who and who you're comparing with. And we can do it for generalization, too. Make a list of all the famous male singers in one column and the female singers in another to see which column has more famous people and voila, our answer for which gender is better at acting or singing :lol: .

OK here is my list of (my favourite) singers, male and female..

Male: Female:

Bono Kate Bush
Frank Sinatra Bjork
Van Morrison Mary Black (Irish)
Michael Stipe (REM) Norah Jones

It could be a long list...but for me these are the important ones...my favourites from that list.??? Hard to say..love them all...
Butler
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Arale » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:27 pm

This is what I could remember from that research.

The ability of writing between male and female are different. Man could write a more logical passage, which women are restricted by their sensity. Man have a good health and it's very important to help them write in a long time. In fact, there are many works by male authors, which have a trong affect on our time, while those of female authors are extremely few...
Last edited by Arale on Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing lasts forever...
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby brightsmiles » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:33 pm

Arale wrote:This is what I could remember from that research.

The ability of writing between male and female are different. Man could write a more logical passage, which women are restricted by their sensity. Man have a good health and it's very important to help them write in a long time. In fact, there are many works by male authors, which have a trong affect in our time, while those of female authors are extremely few...

arale, as i know that report talks about the ability of women and men in many different fields, not only writing. And in terms of writing, i suppose it talks much about affect of man's books and women's in out time. i think u should change ur topic. :)hope don't mind!
all the best :!:
brightsmiles
Silver Member

Next

Return to Books & Authors