EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Does it really matter how we treat babies?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Does it really matter how we treat babies?

Postby TalkingPoint » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:45 am

Considering that we can't remember anything from the first one or two years of our lives (at least), does it really matter how we treat babies and toddlers?

What do YOU think?
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

treat our babies fairly and evenly

Postby sandra » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:47 pm

As far as I am concerned, babies and toddlers may not rememeber things vividly.But they do have the ability to sense things around them.They could tell the affection and caring. Any sweet whispers, gentle strokes and tiptoed movements.If they grew up in a loving family, they became secure and confident.These things will have vital impact on their furture life.
sandra

Re: Does it really matter how we treat babies?

Postby MissLT » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:04 am

It does matter how we treat babies and toddlers even though they don't remember anything because it shows how "human" we are. And I totally agree with Sandra :wink: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:07 am

Did you read TP new homework about the piano man? So, what's the answer or the end of that story?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

i agree with him too

Postby Yan999 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:47 am

now i have a baby, i think i should give my son all the love i have.
Yan999

Re: i agree with him too

Postby MissLT » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:20 am

Yan999 wrote:now i have a baby, i think i should give my son all the love i have.

Good for you :wink: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby sandra » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:21 am

I have no baby, so not an expert :lol: But I regard it as a common sense we should treat every human beings in this world with mercy.
sandra

Postby MissLT » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:30 am

sandra wrote:I have no baby, so not an expert :lol: But I regard it as a common sense we should treat every human beings in this world with mercy.

Me neither. But I did see my nephew coming out when his mom was giving birth to him. Then I did babysit him everyday for his first two years. Now I'm his favorite aunt :wink: . When he cries or is being stubborn, no one can tell him to stop except his parents or me. Thus, kids can't remember their first two years, but they can sense who loves them and who don't. If they feel neglected, they won't grow up with healthy emotions.
Last edited by MissLT on Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby leen@rasel » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:15 pm

well of course it matters because the babies behaviors will reflex our treatment wether it is good or bad and believe it or not babies save all the bad treatments that they received in the past in thier mind and then this will be reflexed in thier behaviors in the future and ithink that if we are not able to treat these small inocent todlers in a very compation way , if we didn't have the mercy to give them we will not be able to give them this mercy when they grow up therefore they will not give thier babies in the future this good treatment either
leen@rasel
Gold Member

Postby shokin » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:42 pm

Yes, every moment of our life can have an influence on our life.

Are you sure that none can remember hisher 1-2 first years ?

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Next

Return to Talking Point Discussion