EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

What is the latest book you have read recently?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby brightsmiles » Sun May 22, 2005 6:38 am

RedRose wrote:the latest book I read recently is My life by Bill Clinton. in this book, what I am most concerned is about Clinton's affair with a young girl :mrgreen: unfortunately, he didn't mention the part so much :cry:

Click this link to hear MY LIFE by Bill Clinton online.

http://www.audible.com/adbl/entry/t3.jsp
brightsmiles
Silver Member

Postby RedRose » Sun May 22, 2005 7:13 am

brightsmiles wrote:
RedRose wrote:the latest book I read recently is My life by Bill Clinton. in this book, what I am most concerned is about Clinton's affair with a young girl :mrgreen: unfortunately, he didn't mention the part so much :cry:

Click this link to hear MY LIFE by Bill Cliton online.

thank you sweetie! it is wonderful!!!

a question: how can I download it? I wanna download it into my pc.
RedRose

Postby brightsmiles » Sun May 22, 2005 12:16 pm

Click on the books you wanna hear. Then it will give you the next guide. However, it doesn't work well sometimes. Sorry. :roll:
brightsmiles
Silver Member

Postby RedRose » Sun May 22, 2005 1:54 pm

I did! I downloaded it on my pc! thank you!! :mrgreen:

BTW, my english listening skill is pretty bad, but I just listened to Clinton's speech. it sounds like he was telling about his parents, right? his dad sent flowers to his mom before they got married, right?
RedRose

Postby manrat » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:43 pm

I'm reading "Long walk to freedom", the autobiography of Nelson Mandela.
manrat
Gold Member

Postby leen@rasel » Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:47 pm

i have read many books but the book i am reading now is a story called ''the curse of the black cat'' by Carolyn Keene
leen@rasel
Gold Member

Postby manrat » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:00 pm

The next book I wanna read, is called "Freakonomics" - A rogue economist explores the hidden side of everything.
manrat
Gold Member

Postby Arale » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:37 am

I have just finished All the rivers run by Nancy Cato. These are some wonderful passages in the story. I am trying to find the original but haven't found yet.

An individual human existance should be-take a river-small at first, narrowlly fast boulders and over waterfalls. Gradually, the river grows wider, the bank recedes, the waters flow more quietly, and the end, without any visable break, they become merged in the sea and painlessly lose, its individual being.

--

All the rivers are flowing into sea but sea is never full. The rivers always fall on the origin where they started. Human life is like these rivers, life comes and goes together with time. It always goes by but never stops renovating, always changes but stays the same all the time. There is no death as at the end is the start of a new bud...
Nothing lasts forever...
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Dixie » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:24 am

Right now I am reading Flaubert's masterpiece, Madame Bovary. I had heard about it so many times that I wanted to see what all the fuss was about :D
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

dream of the red chamber

Postby sg0243hyy » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:12 pm

i read Cao Xueqin`s masterpiece "dream of the red chamber" on these days.i as reading as listening to the music of "dream of the red chamber" .i feel that is the greatest.i can help you to find the book and the music if everyone who interest in it .it is one of fourth masterpiece in china.somebody said that i heard if you have read the book for four times,you will unknowing tears.i hope everyone have have chance to read it .also i am very pleased to share my recept of the book.i don`t think you will waste time for reading it.
sg0243hyy

PreviousNext

Return to Books & Authors