G.Bush was re-elected

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

G.Bush was re-elected

Post by Arale »

The tight president election in America finished and Bust was re-elected. It is good news or not? Are Americans right when electing Bush president again? As I know most non-Americans supported J.Kerry and wanted Kerry to win because Bust has had a bad fame in the Iraq war. In America, however, people don't care about war (only 7% of the population cares about the Iraq war). They are more interested in economy, education, health care etc. And throughout the election, the American economy has been strongly developing. The unemployment rate has been sharply reducing. I wonder is it the main reason for Bush's success? I don't suprise when Bust won again. Hope there are no new wars under his new administration.

_Arale_
Last edited by Arale on Fri May 20, 2005 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing lasts forever...
maryemily

Post by maryemily »

we think that he lied, invented things to be able to invade Iraq....well, if this is true, why did he do so????? Based on the answers, we could judge if his re-election was good or not. But I don't know if Eua improved or not after Bush, what do you Americans think????????????
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Well, as I said American people don't care about the Iraq war at all in this election. That is enough to say what their attitude towards the world is. I have no more ideas.

_Arale_
Last edited by Arale on Tue May 17, 2005 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
maryemily

Post by maryemily »

i have read in a magazine that the most americans' opinion is that if the war is about the petrol, ok, The usa is stronger and needs this, so, get this, maybe people who said that didn't have theis sons dead in the war. If americans are for the war, no matter its consequences and waste of money, money from the americans, I think they must agree with Bush....But, it doesn't mean that why it was written in magazine, it is true.
paradise

Post by paradise »

I'm with arale's opinion that americans dont care to the people killed in iraq who most of them are children and old people (i dont know are those the terrorists?) . :roll: .
The one who guides to something good has a reward similar to its doer
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Bush re-elected

Post by Shazzam »

From the coverage prior to, and after the election. It would appear that the American people were more concerned about the fact that Bush (on the surface) is a Church going Christian. They were definately affected by the fact the John Kerry was a divorced man; who had been politically involved in the Vietnam fall-out (political).

I think Bush won because the voting Americans (those that chose to vote; as it isn't compulsory) looked at him as a family man of high moral and christian principals. It seems alot of Presidents have won under this banner.

Just my opinion. :roll:

I think it is a tragedy that this administration has caused so much pain; they are a pack of bullies and the world is their playground.

:twisted: :cry:
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

It is a tragedy for all kind people that Bush was re-elected.

I totally agree with shazzam1452.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

real_lord

WHY?

Post by real_lord »

people here think that MR Bush rules this world. It is not true any longer! What are you watching on your TV screens? History turns its everlasting circle once again and today British Empire is a brain of this world. Not US. I say BRAIN not FORCE of this world.
Well... I realise technology PROBABLY is better in US but history and long-lasting are on Europe's side. So Blair has to take care both about US and about Europe. It has happened never before cause Brits cared usually only outside continent.
Far from France I mean.
People mostly are US obsessed. I am far from that. Good? Bad?
Don't know. But what I believe superpowers come and superpowers go away while both Rome lasts and Jewish nation.
(Plus Polish hihihihi)
real_lord:)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: WHY?

Post by Shazzam »

real_lord wrote:people here think that MR Bush rules this world. It is not true any longer! What are you watching on your TV screens? History turns its everlasting circle once again and today British Empire is a brain of this world. Not US. I say BRAIN not FORCE of this world.
Well... I realise technology PROBABLY is better in US but history and long-lasting are on Europe's side. So Blair has to take care both about US and about Europe. real_lord:)
Oh my goodness what a scarry thought! Bush and Blair; to even consider that either of them has superior intelligence. Tradition doesn't rule world economic policies. :shock:
real_lord

Hi shazzam,

Post by real_lord »

it is not TRADITION - it is something more. It is HISTORY and learning from history. It is something much more than history. Some nations can learn this lesson, other cannot. My mostly cannot. i mean - no more Napoleon in Europe and we are lost in our Poland. But still we can move out for a holiday. IF we have money of course. Well... besides we can work. How long?
Time will show. I think sooner or later possibility of working to Polish people in so called European Union will be will be illegal again. I don't know if it is good or bad. No difference for me.
Cheers:)
real_lord, Poland.
real_lord

PS.

Post by real_lord »

For me Blair is simply cunny he didn't start a war. He supported Bush out of historical and economical reasons. Besides, my dear, you all - US, Canada, Australia, New Zeland, GReat Britain, Ireland speak more or less the same language. You have to admit is much better to visit your cousin whom you can understand than someone whom you HARDLY understand:(
:)
r_l
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: PS.

Post by Shazzam »

real_lord wrote:For me Blair is simply cunny he didn't start a war. He supported Bush out of historical and economical reasons. Besides, my dear, you all - US, Canada, Australia, New Zeland, GReat Britain, Ireland speak more or less the same language. You have to admit is much better to visit your cousin whom you can understand than someone whom you HARDLY understand:(
:)
r_l
Yes we do mostly English!! :?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

real_lord wrote:people here think that MR Bush rules this world. It is not true any longer! What are you watching on your TV screens? History turns its everlasting circle once again and today British Empire is a brain of this world. Not US. I say BRAIN not FORCE of this world. Well... I realise technology PROBABLY is better in US but history and long-lasting are on Europe's side. So Blair has to take care both about US and about Europe. It has happened never before cause Brits cared usually only outside continent.
Far from France I mean.
People mostly are US obsessed. I am far from that. Good? Bad?
Don't know. But what I believe superpowers come and superpowers go away while both Rome lasts and Jewish nation.
(Plus Polish hihihihi)
real_lord:)
I said I would not reply to your posts, but this part really annoys me. You keep bragging about your knowledge of history, but I do not think you understand what the real meaning of history. Part of learning about history is observating and absorbing the cultures and events, not comparing one culture to another or one event to another with a judgmental eye. Instead, one should look at history with an objective eye. People who learn history to compare which culture is better than which or which event is better than which are prejudiced. Sometimes they can be discriminated since they try to compare and generalize cultures to cultures. I mean, who to say which culture is more modernized or savage than another? :roll:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

real_lord wrote:people here think that MR Bush rules this world. It is not true any longer!
Here is where?