EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

In 60 years, cars will be history.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:49 am

vince90 wrote:
tandedao wrote:May be we would not use cars in the future for we need not go to the wordplace(we can work at home).

Some you may from work from home, but some you can’t. Like farmers, you can’t bring your farm into your house. :roll:

Also police enforcements, chefs, people in entertainment, and so on.

Postby Shazzam » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:00 am

Great I reckon. Maybe we will all get off our bums and get back to what it was like in the 60's when you were lucky if you had one car in a family (and usually dad used it for work). In addition think about the reduction of greenhouse gases, oil reserves etc etc.. Bring back the horses i reckon....... :) :lol:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:39 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:Great I reckon. Maybe we will all get off our bums and get back to what it was like in the 60's when you were lucky if you had one car in a family (and usually dad used it for work). In addition think about the reduction of greenhouse gases, oil reserves etc etc.. Bring back the horses i reckon....... :) :lol:

I remember reading an article about old transportations, and it said that horses were as much messy and polluted as cars. Types of bicylces and walking are the only best transportations of all time 8) .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby someone_cute » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:14 pm

I think cars won't disappear even after 60 years as you said ..
May be it can be but not in all countries ,, May be in big countries only but small countries will continue using these transports like us here in the Kingdom of Bahrain as it is only a point on the map .. for example you will take only few minutes to move from city or village to another using a car .. so why to use aeroplanes there ?! I think there is no need ..
«®°•.¸.•°°•.¸.•°™ someone cute .•°®»
someone_cute
Silver Member

Postby MissLT » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:00 am

someone_cute wrote:I think cars won't disappear even after 60 years as you said ..
May be it can be but not in all countries ,, May be in big countries only but small countries will continue using these transports like us here in the Kingdom of Bahrain as it is only a point on the map .. for example you will take only few minutes to move from city or village to another using a car .. so why to use aeroplanes there ?! I think there is no need ..

That's true. For years now people in some countries still use camels as a part of transportations. It's more about convenience than going-with-time thing.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Hardi » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:02 am

No no small countries aren't invested so much to expensive highways, they can develop new things faster.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:52 am

Hardi wrote:No no small countries aren't invested so much to expensive highways, they can develop new things faster.

In some societies, they use camels over vehicle transportations because of many other factors. The main thing is labor. One person could control several camels that carry a lot of heavy things on their backs at the same time, but it needs more than one person to control several vehicles. Thus, it's cheaper to use camel over vehicles. Moreover, the money to pay for gas, maintenance the vehicles when they're broken down, and so forth is more expensive than owning camels. And camels are good in bad condition of the desert while vehicles sometime are quite hard to control.
In Iran, there's a society that doesn't allow the government to build the road for them although they've been asked. The road is really dangerous, but they said they like challenges, and being on that dangerous road is a part of their challenges. It makes them feel alive. Thus, the government has to leave them alone.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Re: In 60 years, cars will be history.

Postby Zet » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:31 pm

TP wrote: Will we use cars 60 years from now? Cars, motorcycles, trucks, buses... Will they all be ancient history? Maybe we'll be using airplanes to go shopping, or teletransporters, or... Who knows? Maybe we'll still be using the car. What do you think?

I'd like we'll use some teletransporters or may be any other transport for quickly movement :lol: . I hate today's transport! There are too many cars on the streets and it takes too long time for me to reach any place I need. :cry: I'd like this situation will be changing by teleportation.
Zet

Re: In 60 years, cars will be history.

Postby MissLT » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:18 pm

Zet wrote:I'd like we'll use some teletransporters or may be any other transport for quickly movement :lol: . I hate today's transport! There are too many cars on the streets and it takes too long time for me to reach any place I need. :cry: I'd like this situation will be changing by teleportation.

I'm seeing another Harry Potter's fan :lol: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion