Canada legalizes gay marriages

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Canada legalizes gay marriages

Post by Dixie »

Yesterday, Canada legalized marriage between people of the same sex. It's the third state, after Belgium and the Netherlands, in doing so ;)

http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/ac ... ACTU.shtml
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

Great news! I applaud!

I am glad that in some generous countries like Canada, gays and lesbians can finally be considered as ordinary people, instead of monsters and weirdies. I hope I can see the same scene happens in China in the near future. but I know, here in China, we still have a long way...
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

RedRose wrote: in some generous countries like Canada, gays and lesbians can finally be considered as ordinary people, .
It won't change anything. They are just making themselvs into an even bigger side show by trying to pretend that they are "ordinary people".
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww....... :shock:

i cant even imagine......

gayes....eww

Lesbians.......ewww

Rose you like it ha?
are you one of them :shock: :shock: :D :D
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

mr_Love wrote:eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww....... :shock:

i cant even imagine......

gayes....eww

Lesbians.......ewww
I can't believe my eyes!!! :shock: :shock: Mr_love are you serious? :shock:
leen@rasel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by leen@rasel »

excuse mee :shock: ..... :roll: this is disgusting unless the guy one changes his sex ,it will be more acceptable :roll:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

leen@rasel wrote:excuse mee :shock: ..... :roll: this is disgusting unless the guy one changes his sex ,it will be more acceptable :roll:
I can't believe you, guys.
keling

Post by keling »

RedRose wrote:Great news! I applaud!

I am glad that in some generous countries like Canada, gays and lesbians can finally be considered as ordinary people, instead of monsters and weirdies. I hope I can see the same scene happens in China in the near future. but I know, here in China, we still have a long way...
:D gays marriage has been prevailing day by day , for it is the result of the change the society , i believe that it is inevitable the gays marriage will be occur in china some day . in fact , the group of single male and female is increasing gradually :D
manrat

Post by manrat »

leen@rasel wrote:excuse mee :shock: ..... :roll: this is disgusting unless the guy one changes his sex ,it will be more acceptable :roll:
It does not matter so much if you, I or someone else personally find it "acceptable", we all can have our own opinions about it BUT what I do miss in your and in mr_love's post, is respect. They are just normal people and in my personal opinion, they do not deserve to be talked about as 'disgusting'. No one has to agree with gay marriage, but it would be nice to just show respect to people, no matter what their lifestyle is.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

manrat wrote: No one has to agree with gay marriage, but it would be nice to just show respect to people, no matter what their lifestyle is.
Freedom of speech works both ways, buddy boy. We are espesially entitled to display our disgust at changes in laws that we believe undermines our values. Don't pretend that disgust for the homosexual lifestyle is a new or unusual reaction. For thousands of years our forefathers have known that two men co-habitating have no buisiness claiming the umberella of marriage.
I find it shocking that anyone would accept this barbarity in this supposedly enlightened age.
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

I think each one has the right to decide his/her preferences, and if they want to marry to a person fom the same sex, that is up to them.

But, I've heard that gays and lesbians are trying now to get a law that allows them to adopt children, :shock: :shock: and in my opinion that's unbelievable :evil: :evil: :evil: unacceptable :evil: :evil: :evil:. and just...impossible!
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

idalia wrote:I think each one has the right to decide his/her preferences, and if they want to marry to a person fom the same sex, that is up to them.
I believe that they already do have the right to decide their own preferences but the right to marry is not to be decided by those it specifically excludes.Therefore it is simply not up to them.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

danyet wrote:For thousands of years our forefathers have known that two men co-habitating have no buisiness claiming the umberella of marriage.
I find it shocking that anyone would accept this barbarity in this supposedly enlightened age.
Barbarities is what I am reading here. What are you saying about "our forefathers"? Do you know anything about History? Do you think homosexuality is a 21st century fashion? Homosexuality is as old as life. Julius Caesar was gay and nobody talks about it. Like Manrat said, you should show a little respect towards other people -yes, people. In this enlightened age, like you said, we should open our minds and try to respect other views on life. You don't necessarily have to agree with them, just accept them as they are human like you and me and if you or I claim for our rights, they should, too.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

idalia wrote: But, I've heard that gays and lesbians are trying now to get a law that allows them to adopt children, :shock: :shock: and in my opinion that's unbelievable :evil: :evil: :evil: unacceptable :evil: :evil: :evil:. and just...impossible!
Would you be so kind as to explain why, Idalia? :roll: Please, think about all those children who haven't been fortunate enough as to have parents and spend their lives in orphanages. Those children do not have a childhood. Would you prefer for them to live that way or would you like them to be adopted and end up that miserable life they've had so far and be happy? What does it matter if the kind of family that adopts them is not the traditional kind, the kind that we've always known? As long as the couple that adopts an orphan child is a happy couple and is able to rise that kid in a happy environment, what does it matter if it's formed by man and woman, or two men or two women? Please think about those kids. I personally don't care about the members that form the family as long as more orphan children can be happy.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

what is wrong with homosexuals??? some of them are born homosexuals, the others just choose to be homosexuals. Both don't hurt anyone else! I mean, homosexual behavior wouldn't hurt heterosexuals.

Referring to the born homosexuals, once established, homosexual feelings are unchangable! many people ever attempted to change their sexual orientation by praying or psychotherapy or some methods...but none worked!! and yeah, some gays can sleep with a woman by fantasizing they are sleeping with a man!

What can you find from the truth? that is just a matter of nature!

Referring to the ones who choose to be a homosexual, what is wrong? since their behavior dosen't hurt anyone else, and they choice their sexual activities, what is the matter? I don't think there is any problem with that.

it's great news that Canada legalized marriage of gays or lesbians. I believe that homosexuals will be given equal pretection in law in the future. by that time, we can tell, in a way, this world would really be generous and kind.

But now I don't think this world is really generous, at least some people are denigrating and bullying homosexuals just because these gays and lesbians are so different! and obviously, homosexuals belong to minority of all people, that is another reason why they are discriminated.

BTW, I am a heterosexual.
leen@rasel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by leen@rasel »

first of all it is not my manners that allow me to disrespect people i am not disrespecting them I am just expressing my feeling and thoughts toward this aspect secondly they are NOT NORMAL and because of that they are called GAYS and i think that we do not solve this problem by legitimazing this law they must change their sex if someone feels that he is a girl or boy whereas he is the opposite and this is just if the female hormones are more than the male hormones or the opposite but if they just feel that they are gays and thier hormonse are normal that means that they should recieve mental care and they must never change thier sex and this ia what agood doctor will do , we can check all the websites related to this topic if you want to make sure.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

No doctor can change a homosexual's sexual orientation! any mental care dosen't work!

maybe you think mass people's sexual orientation is "normal", and the minority are abnormal. sorry that you define something in such a simple way.
leen@rasel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by leen@rasel »

who said that mental care doesn't work they ask them what sex they feel likely to have and then they change thier sex depending on their choice and the behaivior of this person....any way guys we may differ in attitudes but we still keep the friendly feeling and relationship for each other ... right?...
leen@rasel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by leen@rasel »

Red Rose said

sorry that you define something in such a simple way.[/quote]
i didn't understand that?
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

leen@rasel wrote:who said that mental care doesn't work they ask them what sex they feel likely to have and then they change thier sex depending on their choice and the behaivior of this person....any way guys we may differ in attitudes but we still keep the friendly feeling and relationship for each other ... right?...
if a gay is a born gay, any mental care dosen't work! if a guy chooses to be a gay, then since he chooses such a sexy activity, how can mental care work?

and why do homosexuals have to change their sexual orientation?
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Dixie wrote:[ Do you think homosexuality is a 21st century fashion? Homosexuality is as old as life. .
I am not saying that homos are a new fad. I am only saying that homos expecting to be legally married is a new fad. We as a society have never permitted it before and we should not permit it now.

Dixie wrote: You don't necessarily have to agree with them, just accept them as they are human like you and me and if you or I claim for our rights, they should, too.
I accept them as humans and have befriended a few. But I will not accept them to take my right to keep marriage as it always has been by changing the parameters of it to suit them. They are perfectly welcome to live next door as housemates if they want, straight or gay.
Dixie wrote: Please, think about all those children who haven't been fortunate enough as to have parents and spend their lives in orphanages. .
I would be mad as hell if I was a kid who was farmed out to a couple of homos. ( That is unless the two men who I was given to were able to brainwash me into thinking that it was perfectly normal for two guys to play with each others butts.)
RedRose wrote:what is wrong with homosexuals???
Nothing, as long as they don't try to influence the rest of us to accept them as normal.
RedRose wrote: Referring to the born homosexuals, once established, homosexual feelings are unchangable! many people ever attempted to change their sexual orientation by praying or psychotherapy or some methods...but none worked!!
Not true. I have heard testimony of some who now lead happy and successful hetro lives.

RedRose wrote: some people are denigrating and bullying homosexuals just because these gays and lesbians are so different! and obviously, homosexuals belong to minority of all people, that is another reason why they are discriminated.
Much of the bullying is in retaliation to the homo. agenda being forced on the rest of us. Most people are willing to accept that homo's should be treated with compassion as any human should receive but that does not mean that they should be treated as hetro's because they are not hetro, they are homo and we all know that they simply cannot be married by the very definition of marriage.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

danyet wrote:. We as a society have never permitted it before and we should not permit it now.
why shouldn't we permitted it?? fortunately, you are NOT the one who constitutes laws. that is a good luck for homosexuals.
danyet wrote:I accept them as humans and have befriended a few. But I will not accept them to take my right to keep marriage as it always has been by changing the parameters of it to suit them.
they take your right??? what right? Do they change the parameters of marriage? then you think the parameters of marriage are just for straight? oh, honey, you are wrong! your marriage suits yourself, and homosexuals' marriages suit gays or les. they have the different parameters than you do! you don't have to imitate their lifestyles and marriage.
danyet wrote:I would be mad as hell if I was a kid who was farmed out to a couple of homos. ( That is unless the two men who I was given to were able to brainwash me into thinking that it was perfectly normal for two guys to play with each others butts.)
that is only you, not all orphans. :wink:
danyet wrote:Nothing, as long as they don't try to influence the rest of us to accept them as normal
as long as you don't try to imitate homos and their lifestyles, they wouldn't influence you, honey. just relax.
danyet wrote:Not true. I have heard testimony of some who now lead happy and successful hetro lives.
honey, you have to read more before making a comment.
Much of the bullying is in retaliation to the homo. agenda being forced on the rest of us. Most people are willing to accept that homo's should be treated with compassion as any human should receive but that does not mean that they should be treated as hetro's because they are not hetro, they are homo and we all know that they simply cannot be married by the very definition of marriage.
honey, you misunderstood a lot! homos don't need your compassion! they just want their rights! and they don't wanna be treated as heterosexuals, as you said, they are not heterosexuals, they just wanna legal homosexual marriage. legal marriage isn't just for heterosexuals.

honey, just try to be a little bit generous, if all people can become generous, this world will become a friendly paradise.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

RedRose wrote: fortunately, you are NOT the one who constitutes laws. that is a good luck for homosexuals.
Actually I am one who constitutes laws, as a registered voter.

RedRose wrote:
danyet wrote:Not true. I have heard testimony of some who now lead happy and successful hetro lives.
honey, you have to read more before making a comment.
I don't have to read. I have heard them speaking, live. If you are not aware of this, you need to investigate.

RedRose wrote:[legal marriage isn't just for heterosexuals.
Apparently it is just for hetro's in most of the world. That is why homo's are challenging the marriage laws. Anyway, go read a dictionary and look up the word "marriage". It says "Husband and Wife" not "two people".

Why do you care anyway? More importantly , why do homo’s want the label ”married” so badly? They are not being discriminated against, are they? No one says that they can not get married. They simply must abide by the rules that everyone else is willing to abide by and marry someone of the opposite sex.

The bottom line. They welcome to join the club but they must play by the rules. If they don’t want to play by the rules they must get their own club.Perhaps they could call their new club "gayriage".
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

RedRose wrote:what is wrong with homosexuals??? some of them are born homosexuals, the others just choose to be homosexuals.
Dixie, maybe this quote helps me to explain what I meant, some people are born homosexuals, that fact can not be changed.

Other people take the decision to become homosexual, and that's perfect to me, I mean I'm not against them, I totally respect their choice.

But, what would it happen if a child were raised by a couple from the same sex? In that situation that child might be influnced by the environment he/she lives in, so it wouldn't be his/her decision become gay.

Of course, that's my personal opinion, you can agree or not, in any case I respect what you think :wink:

On the other hand there are hundreds maybe thousands of couples (hetero) that want to adopt children and give them a better life. Unfortunately, the number of orphan children will be bigger than heterosexual or homosexual couples that want to raise them :( :(
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

danyet wrote:They welcome to join the club but they must play by the rules. If they don’t want to play by the rules they must get their own club.Perhaps they could call their new club "gayriage".
hahaha! funny enough!

Homos don't wanna join YOUR club! they just wanna legal marriage! they want homosexual marriage, not heterosexual marriage! if they wanted legal hetero-marriage, you could say that, honey! :lol:

and why do I care so much? honey, that is something you need to know: I am a humanist, I believe that people are equal, either color, nationality, or gender, even sexual orientation! everyone should have the equal right in law! :D

Honey, yes, you are the one who constitutes laws, as a registered voter. fortunately, you can cast just a vote :lol: that is a good luck for homos! many generous people will cast the opposite votes, that is why we believe that our world would be fine and hopeful!

A city, a country, a nationality, or the total world, with a tolerant quality, must be kind and amiable!

and yes, maybe you "heard" some homo say they wanna heterosexual lives.(I doubt it though :wink: maybe he was kidding you) can you take him to China? I wanna meet him! :wink: you know what? maybe he will become the only exception for research and study :lol:
why do homo’s want the label ”married” so badly? They are not being discriminated against, are they?
if they are not being discriminated, why can't they have the legal marriage? why can you have a legal marriage? :roll: :wink:

Honey, once again, fortunately, in the world, most people are kind and friendly, that is why I believe that all homos will be given equal protection in law in the future. by then you will have to get used to "two people" as well as "wife and husband".

calm down, honey, it is just a matter of an appellation, not a big deal. :wink:
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Marriage is not about pardners or sex. It was designed for the building of families and raising healthy children. Of which homosexuallity has no part. Therefore no need of marriage.

There are rules in place for marriage. If we change the rules on the basis it needs to include all peoples idea of what marriage should be, who will we have to include next. Polygamists? Yes I think that will come next. Then after that we will have to drop the age descrimination and allow pedaphiles now won't we?

I hope you see the foolishness in your line of thinking. There has to be rules. So far there is no reason to change them to include husband and husband or wife and wife.

Also there are plenty of people who are reformed gays if you care to look. Here is just one guys story:-
http://www.christianmentalhealth.com/doc/tomcole.htm
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

sigh! , dear danyet, just see how ridiculous you are! homosexual marriage and Polygamists? what a mess! Is there any connection between them?

I know you don't wanna brainwash. however, it is time for you to wash your brain! :lol: I mean, you have to totally wash off discrimination and bias from your brain (sorry). Yeah, as you said, marriage is for the building of families and raising healthy children and sex and partner... since you can have legal merriage, why can't homosexual have it?? they also want the building of families and raising healthy children and sex and partner as you do, and they are human like you!

honey, I am glad that many generous people exist in the world, they open their minds and tolerate others who have the different sexual orientation and lifestyles. that is why some minority can live a happy life.

Let's applaud to these generous people! hats up to them!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Just for your information, Spain has also legalized gay marriages. They are legal from today. A politician just stated: "For one time, Spain isn't late for history" :D:D:D Stop discrimination :!:
Last edited by Dixie on Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

see? as I said, there are plenty of generous people in the world! open minds, tolerant qualities, mercy, kindness.... these qualities are needed badly! we need them, because they can bring us prosperous futures and lovely paradise.

It is great news that Spain legalized homosexual marriage! congratulations!
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

The question you need to ask is, "Why do gays want so badly to be recognised under the marriage covenant these days?"
For what purpose do they need this since they
can't reproduce and pass on their family names and traditions?
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

Simply, they want justice and equal rights!

Just because they can't reproduce their offsprings, so they shouldn't have legal marriage? Don't you think the logic very ridiculous? even if they want their adoptees to pass on they family names, what is wrong with that? your children can pass on your family name, why can't their adopted kids?

Ok, ok, you can keep discriminating homos, and I can keep respecting them. Is that ok?
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

They are not allowed to adopt children so your point about them having families is null and void.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

With a little investigation you will find that the homo agenda is not really interested in “marriage” but in changing societies opinion of them. They want to be able to adopt children and lead a family life though refuse to reproduce as a family. In most countries it is illegal for them to adopt still. Their aim is to mold our culture to the way they see fit and they are doing this by relying on and playing up to the “good naturedness” of the average person to “feel” for them as a persecuted minority, which they are not. They have the same rights as anyone else but they choose not accept these rights. They make a mockery of the Civil Rights Movement.

Oscar-winning Spanish film director Pedro Almodovar, who is gay, said 21st century families don't have to reflect the traditional Catholic model.
"I don't like marriage. I am not going to get married," he said. "But it is important for this to be called marriage so people know that it is the same thing for everyone."

The president of HazteOir stated, in light of the findings of the report: “In no way can a couple of persons of the same sex be judged suitable for adopting a child. Considering the findings of this vast bibliography we are obliged to protect the minor and say that same-sex couples must not be allowed to adopt children.”
Among children raised by same-sex couples, the report notes a significant increase in low self-esteem, stress, confusion regarding sexual identity, an increase in mental illness, drug use, promiscuity, STD’s, and homosexual behaviour, amongst others. Furthermore, the report shows that statistics have brought to light the fact that same-sex relationships betray a much higher instance of separation and break-up than heterosexual relationships, increasing the likelihood that the child will experience familial instability.
http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2005/may/05053106.html
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Hahaha I didn't know Almodobar was gay! :lol: He's the grossest person ever! ewwwwwwwww his movies are disgusting! :D
manrat

Post by manrat »

The following piece of information comes from a website called "Human Rights Campaign - Working for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equal rights" (http://www.hrc.org/)

Many same-sex couples want the right to legally marry because they are in love — either they just met the love of their lives, or more likely, they have spent the last 10,
20 or 50 years with that person — and they want to honor their relationship in the
greatest way our society has to offer, by making a public commitment to stand
together in good times and bad, through all the joys and challenges family life brings.

Many parents want the right to marry because they know it offers children a vital
safety net and guarantees protections that unmarried parents cannot provide.

And still other people — both gay and straight — are fighting for the right of
same-sex couples to marry because they recognize that it is simply not fair to deny
some families the protections all other families are eligible to enjoy.

Currently in the United States, same-sex couples in long-term, committed relationships
pay higher taxes and are denied basic protections and rights granted to
married heterosexual couples.

Among them:
>> Hospital visitation. Married couples have the automatic right to visit
each other in the hospital and make medical decisions. Same-sex couples can be
denied the right to visit a sick or injured loved one in the hospital.

>> Social Security benefits. Married people receive Social Security payments
upon the death of a spouse. Despite paying payroll taxes, gay and lesbian
partners receive no Social Security survivor benefits — resulting in an average
annual income loss of $5,528 upon the death of a partner.

>> Immigration. Americans in binational relationships are not permitted to
petition for their same-sex partners to immigrate. As a result, they are often
forced to separate or move to another country.

>> Health insurance. Many public and private employers provide medical
coverage to the spouses of their employees, but most employers do not provide
coverage to the life partners of gay and lesbian employees. Gay employees who
do receive health coverage for their partners must pay federal income taxes on
the value of the insurance.

>> Estate taxes. A married person automatically inherits all the property of
his or her deceased spouse without paying estate taxes. A gay or lesbian taxpayer
is forced to pay estate taxes on property inherited from a deceased partner.

>> Retirement savings. While a married person can roll a deceased
spouse’s 401(k) funds into an IRA without paying taxes, a gay or lesbian
American who inherits a 401(k) can end up paying up to 70 percent of it in
taxes and penalties.

>> Family leave. Married workers are legally entitled to unpaid leave from
their jobs to care for an ill spouse. Gay and lesbian workers are not entitled to
family leave to care for their partners.

>> Nursing homes. Married couples have a legal right to live together in
nursing homes. Because they are not legal spouses, elderly gay or lesbian couples
do not have the right to spend their last days living together in nursing
homes.

>> Home protection. Laws protect married seniors from being forced to sell
their homes to pay high nursing home bills; gay and lesbian seniors have no
such protection.

>> Pensions. After the death of a worker, most pension plans pay survivor
benefits only to a legal spouse of the participant. Gay and lesbian partners are
excluded from such pension benefits.[/url]
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

danyet wrote:With a little investigation you will find that the homo agenda is not really interested in “marriage” but in changing societies opinion of them. They want to be able to adopt children and lead a family life though refuse to reproduce as a family.
then homos have to struggle for the rights to adopt kids. in order to overcome those people who discriminate them just like danyet, they still have a long way. but I believe that homos will finally succeed! they will overcome those obstacles (danyet is one of those obstacles)

and as manrat said, homos want legal marriage because they are in love and wanna be protected in law! since danyet can have legal marriage, why can't homos?

listen, danyet, you can keep discriminating homos! that wouldn't change anything though. fortunately, mass people are not like you, that is why we believe that homos will get a prosperous future. they deserve all equal rights as we do.

danyet, I know, in the world, there are some people, when they find that some minority have different lifestyles or sexual orientation, they would torture and discriminate those minority, that is what we call "bully" or "narrow-minded" or something like that.

however, the world is fine because of those generous people.
keling

an opposite view about homosexual

Post by keling »

i have read an article about homisexual , an opposite view about it , i wanna it will result in a debate , every one has their view ,
:D The Word of God condemns them.

Homosexuality is a SIN period! Not only that but it is unnatural
The same as sex with an animal is unnatural!

The fact is that humans are made up of male and female, just like God created them. Marriage is the monogamous joining of male and female for the purpose of love, togetherness and procreation. As we all know there can be no new humans without the involvement of a male sperm and a female egg. God fixed that as a natural law, and no homosexual or lesbian can change it!

We pass laws against murder, rape, robbery and other social behaviors. We have also passed laws against immoral behavior. However, a society that has become very immoral in behavior seeks to repeal the moral laws. It is time for the people of this land who still love truth and biblical morality to rise up and oppose such notions as homosexual marriage, and declare the facts!
keling

Post by keling »

:D in my opinion , there are some essential concepts not clear. that is what is natural , is it that homosexual unnatural indeed? what is the defination of marriage ? is it that only heterosexual can be entitled to a normal marrige ?
is homosexual a sin ? i don't agree
keling

Post by keling »

manrat wrote:The following piece of information comes from a website called "Human Rights Campaign - Working for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equal rights" (http://www.hrc.org/)

Currently in the United States, same-sex couples in long-term, committed relationships
pay higher taxes and are denied basic protections and rights granted to
married heterosexual couples.

Among them:
>> Hospital visitation. Married couples have the automatic right to visit
each other in the hospital and make medical decisions. Same-sex couples can be
denied the right to visit a sick or injured loved one in the hospital.

>> Social Security benefits. Married people receive Social Security payments
upon the death of a spouse. Despite paying payroll taxes, gay and lesbian
partners receive no Social Security survivor benefits — resulting in an average
annual income loss of $5,528 upon the death of a partner.

>> Immigration. Americans in binational relationships are not permitted to
petition for their same-sex partners to immigrate. As a result, they are often
forced to separate or move to another country.

>> Health insurance. Many public and private employers provide medical
coverage to the spouses of their employees, but most employers do not provide
coverage to the life partners of gay and lesbian employees. Gay employees who
do receive health coverage for their partners must pay federal income taxes on
the value of the insurance.

>> Estate taxes. A married person automatically inherits all the property of
his or her deceased spouse without paying estate taxes. A gay or lesbian taxpayer
is forced to pay estate taxes on property inherited from a deceased partner.

>> Retirement savings. While a married person can roll a deceased
spouse’s 401(k) funds into an IRA without paying taxes, a gay or lesbian
American who inherits a 401(k) can end up paying up to 70 percent of it in
taxes and penalties.

>> Family leave. Married workers are legally entitled to unpaid leave from
their jobs to care for an ill spouse. Gay and lesbian workers are not entitled to
family leave to care for their partners.

>> Nursing homes. Married couples have a legal right to live together in
nursing homes. Because they are not legal spouses, elderly gay or lesbian couples
do not have the right to spend their last days living together in nursing
homes.

>> Home protection. Laws protect married seniors from being forced to sell
their homes to pay high nursing home bills; gay and lesbian seniors have no
such protection.

>> Pensions. After the death of a worker, most pension plans pay survivor
benefits only to a legal spouse of the participant. Gay and lesbian partners are
excluded from such pension benefits.[/url]
:D i don't believe that in U S A so called a mordern country have so cruelty policies to the homosexual , it protects human right, isn't it ?
manrat

Post by manrat »

Keling, could you please make up your mind and not jump from one view to another?
In your first post (Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:46 am) you say:
Homosexuality is a SIN period! Not only that but it is unnatural
The same as sex with an animal is unnatural!

The fact is that humans are made up of male and female, just like God created them. Marriage is the monogamous joining of male and female for the purpose of love, togetherness and procreation. As we all know there can be no new humans without the involvement of a male sperm and a female egg. God fixed that as a natural law, and no homosexual or lesbian can change it!
and a few minutes later in your second post (Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:19 am) you suddenly say that some concepts are not clear ...
what is natural , is it that homosexual unnatural indeed? what is the defination of marriage ? is it that only heterosexual can be entitled to a normal marrige ?
So what? Either you stick to what you said in your first post where you told us what marriage etc in your opinion is, or you turn around completely telling us things are not clear.

Also, did you read the article that you mentioned, online? If so, can you please give us the link?
keling

excuse me

Post by keling »

:D excuse me , i have not found the link which i have quote.
so as to my point of view , i stand by that the society would not discriminate the homosexual. i think , there are much same between the homosexual and the heterosexual , they love each other , take care of each other , they help each other, they living together and enjoy their happy life just like a harmony home. etc ,however the only difference is that hetero can raise up seed but the homo can't , may be this is so called unnatural. since the homo love each other as much as the hetero , why don't permit them adopt child
ps
because my english is poor , i am not able to express my point of view clearly
RedRose

Re: excuse me

Post by RedRose »

keling wrote::because my english is poor , i am not able to express my point of view clearly
although you claimed that your english isn't so good, but you still could express well your bias and discrimination towards homosexual. In this respect, your english is good. however, IMHO, I think you just lack some generosity.

Why do a couple have to get a baby? in your opinion, if a couple can't have a biological baby, then they are unnatural. sorry, I don't think so. maybe you should open your mind a little bit.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Only the most suitable parents should be given permission for the adoption of kids. This means that they need to be a man and a woman of suitable character. Children do better in a home with a mother and a father. This is optimum and children should be given the best that we have to offer.
keling

re

Post by keling »

:D thanx 4ur critics ,
i have found the link
Apostolic Pentecostal oneness@groups.msn.com
<equal right in same sex marrige>
keling

Post by keling »

[quote="danyet"]Only the most suitable parents should be given permission for the adoption of kids.
since the homosexual has been legalized in canada, the gay can be entitled to be a couple? are they permitted to adopt chilren?
if so, are they the suitable parents?
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

I regret to waste too much time here :cry:

the people, who discriminate homo, are not worth my time.
keling

Post by keling »

:D , but you still could express well your bias and discrimination towards homosexual. In this respect, your english is good. however, IMHO, I think you just lack some generosity.

Why do a couple have to get a baby? in your opinion, if a couple can't have a biological baby, then they are unnatural. sorry, I don't think so. maybe you should open your mind a little bit.[/quote]
Red Rose , beg ur pardon
i think u misunderstand me a little ,i am certain the opinion of mine has not be expressed exactly in my post , i have said that i stand by that the society would not discriminate the homosexual would not discriminate means i do not agree with the society discriminate the homo, i sympathy them and support them is my real thought
keling

Post by keling »

:D RedRose
beg ur pardon
u have misunderstood me a bit , it is still the reason that i have not expressed my opinoin exactly i wanna explain it here once more
i have said that i stand by that the society would not discriminate the homosexual would not discriminate means i do not agree with the society discriminate the homo, i sympathy them and support them is my real thought
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

RedRose wrote:I regret to waste too much time here :cry:

the people, who discriminate homo, are not worth my time.
Discrimiation is horrible; i agree. I think there will always be arguments about the legalisation of gay marriages, adoption etc. The same way that in some Countries adoption, out of religion marriages etc are discrimated against.

I don't know if we will see in our life-time a great change in ALL of these things. I would hope that we would see more acceptance of them though. JUST A THOUGHT!!

8)
keling

re

Post by keling »

:D the only difference is that hetero can raise up seed but the homo can't , may be this is so called unnatural. since the homo love each other as much as the hetero , why don't permit them adopt child
ps; i said "may be this is so called unnatural " that is not my real ideal , if i emphasize the so called it would not to be misunderstood