Please advise about new noodle bar/restaraunt in UK

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Ljw_4444

Please advise about new noodle bar/restaraunt in UK

Post by Ljw_4444 »

:roll:

so i am openin a noodle bar/restaraunt very soon for targeting the chinese market in the uk

i would like to find out what would most people like to eat and also what is missing from most resataraunt u go to when not in china?

my restaraunt is based in uk not that far from manchester and i will be catering for both sides of clients
ie. far eastern people and the opposite

and i dont really understand why people like thai food

i aint a racist but its all too sweet
but that maybe why they are successful?

i hope u keep on givin me more information thank you alll
love of life
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Wow are you serious? :D

I love Chinese food, although I am aware that the "Chinese food" I have usually must be really different from original Chinese food.

My favorite Chinese dishes are: spring rolls (of course!), noodles, rice, chicken with lemon, veggies or almonds... mmm I am getting the munchies...
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Please advise about new noodle bar/restaraunt in UK

Post by MissLT »

Ljw_4444 wrote: :roll:

so i am openin a noodle bar/restaraunt very soon for targeting the chinese market in the uk
How would you like to design it? Let's share with us :wink: . And congratulations to you, by the way. Good luck with your new business.
Ljw_4444 wrote:i would like to find out what would most people like to eat and also what is missing from most resataraunt u go to when not in china?
A good chef and friendly waiters and waitresses who COULD speak English.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Their own cooking is missing. Too many people don't prepare themselves their meal, and this not only in the great cities.

So, you have to encourage them to prepare themselves any meal. You can explain them.

Are you going to study any market in the alimentation ?

Where will you buy your ingredients ? your natural ressources ? from where ?

What do you like eating ? :mrgreen: and preparing ?

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
Ljw_4444

well?

Post by Ljw_4444 »

well thank you for the little contribution

i would like to tell you all that 1st it is a noodle bar where by we specialize in original roast duck and roast pork like we get in the far east

and then we will be doin all types of noodles
eg

pho=vietnamien

and all the chinese style noodles

vermicelli
thick rice noodle
the yellow style noodle
and japanese noodles

but what i need to know is that we have targeted the large chinese community in our region eg students whereby they will pay cheap prices for a large quantity and high standard of taste

what i need to know is what t6he original cghinese people like with their noodles

more input plz
love of life
Ljw_4444

comon help me out someone

Post by Ljw_4444 »

comon people tell me what would you like to eat if u entered a noodle bar but has more than just serve noodles

for example the most simple of dishes roast duck and roast pork fried rice

i would like to know ur nationality as well if u reply thank you all
love of life
dannybloger

Post by dannybloger »

Well, it depends.... I mean, first of all, where do you wanna opening your restaurant: In London or other cities? ; In China Town or local area?

In China Town, you may expect that there are many restaurants which have provided various dishes already. Most dishes you provide overlap other's menus. It sounds frustrated, but it's true. In local area, you might concider about take away.

In my opinion, I recommend you open a restaurant with home-made dishes rather than general one. Actually, what I eat in the China Town, the taste, well, is not so bad but not delicious enough. Another suggestion is high quality of service, of course, like what LennyeTran said the waiters/waitress can speak in fluent English. Nevertheless, you need provide a dicent atmosphere for enjoying food.

I'm superised that in Manchester China Town, the Tai food is more popular than Chinese food. Local people are willing to pay more in the Tai restaurants. In my opinion, price is not the issue. The taste and service are main factors.

If you focus on Chinese customers, that's all right. I think you may be good at it. However, if you wanna attracting western customers, you need to go to local restaurants, e.g. Italian and Tai one in order to understand their practices of food and drink.

Above all, I hope it helps, finger cross.

:roll: 8) 8) 8) :? :D :D
Ljw_4444

thank you

Post by Ljw_4444 »

well i am bringing the real taste of chinese food thats why i am asking

the easiest is roast duck

and roast pork

these two elements will be tha same quality as the far east

we will not serve the meals like u get in other restaraunts where the taste is based for the european palette

but we will have them in place as well

but that is why i am asking deeply for contribution from far eastern inpu
of what they would like to see on the menu

the service will be good as well as i have worked in france and the way of waitering clients is of much higher standards so please once more

more information please
love of life