EXPLOSIONS IN LONDON - COULD BE TERRORIST ATTACK!

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

EXPLOSIONS IN LONDON - COULD BE TERRORIST ATTACK!

Post by Shazzam »

Live news tonight is reporting that there has been at least one huge explosion in London. Blowing the top off a double decker bus. The tube (subway system) in London has also been shutdown. Information coming out has said that there has also been an explosion at Kings Cross Station.

No one knows whether at this stage if it was a terrorist attack, however it seems likely.

Does anyone have anymore news about this terrible event ; less than 24 hours since London was celebrating winning the rights to host the 2012 Olympic Games.
dannybloger

Post by dannybloger »

There are six blasts in buses and tube systems. A Lots of people have bad injury. However, the government has no idea about how many casualites this monment. I'm watching BBC news on TV now.

If it happens two days ago, I think that London could not win the Olympic 2012 bid.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Tony Blair has just confirmed whatever one was thinking that it has been a terrorist attack. They are now saying that there were seven explosions.

Such a tragic event! I'm still so shocked as I'm sure the rest of the world is.

We can only hope that there aren't going to be too many fatalities.
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Here are some links relating to the event in London.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

http://www.cnn.com/
Last edited by Arale on Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing lasts forever...
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Al-Qaeda has confirmed being behind the attacks.

There are 33 dead people and 350 injured so far.
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Oh, I didn't know that that was happing in London. Gosh, I need to watch the news more often.
Urgh...Al-Qaeda is everywhere. :x
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

i was shoked when i saw the news in " AL-Jassera TV "
last fternoon in my time......

it is really very huruable......

i dont know what AL Qaida wants from this....!!!!!

also today they kill an Egyptan menester in Iraq..
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

i hope Mr-josef is all right
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

mr_Love wrote: i hope Mr-josef is all right
He's not in London at the time. Anyway, it's terrible to hear the news from London. These days I simply watch TV much more.
chemist
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by chemist »

I was really upset when I heard the news.
I don't know what's the gain of killing people every where it's really terrible thing. The reall muslim won't do that.
I hope god help those people families every where.
I've heard about the egyptian minister crime in Iraq and I as Mr LOve said what AL QAEDA wants out of killing people? :(
leen@rasel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by leen@rasel »

i really felt terrible when hearing this news and felt sorry for those poor inosent people who have been injured or dead and i am really ashamed of those who call them selves muslims they are not they are not they are not muslims they are mentally sick .... :evil: i just want them to come back to there real religion and to ask God to forgive them, if they return to Quraan they would never find just one sentence that approves these terrorest attacks ....they are insulting humanity and may be forgetting that we are humans just like them :x
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Politicians are guilty. If they want to fight, then let them fight but just them. Lock them in a room and let them fight against each other if that's what they want. Do not involve innocent people. This is unnacceptable.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

It appears the British Police forces are making some headway into who actually planted the bombs last week; plus on the suicide bomber? Does anyone else have any news. I have only been able to grab a few sketchy reports. It was also nice to hear that they observed a minutes silence yesterday to remember those that lost their lives. It appears that tragedy is still unfolding on the train line (with more bodies being found). It just makes my heart feel sick..... :cry:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I have just seen an inspirational picture on a website called ninemsn.com.au. it is a picture of a group of English people holding up a large union jack (flag) with the words we are not afraid written across it. Good to see that the latest round of terrorist attacks have not attacked these people's spirits and determination.

8) 8) 8) :D :D :D
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Australia has suffered its first fatality from the London Bombings. Sam Ly a 28 year old from Melbourne Victoria has died he was victim number 54. The whole of Australia is devastated. There are still a couple of Australians in intensive care. One victim has had both her legs amputated..

Have any other members heard of victims from their countries. It has touched everyone from what I have heard.

:cry: :cry:
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

i'm worred about my friend he is there.....

not from the attackes.....

it is from people there

you know he is an Arabic Muslim guy... he is studing there....

the police came to his falt everyday,,,,,,,,

i hope everything will gonna be all right
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

mr_Love wrote:i'm worred about my friend he is there.....

it is from people there

You should try and make contact with him. I'm sure everything will be ok. The government and members of all the churches there are joining together to help people understand that Muslims are good people.....There is evil in any religion. I hope you hear from your friend soon!
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

mr_Love wrote:i'm worred about my friend he is there.....

it is from people there

The Aussie Police don't usually come to just "anybody's" residence. They do not harrass Muslims. They must have suspicions about him in particular for having knowlege of criminal activity. What type of questions do the police ask your friend?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

There were Pakistanis born English involved in this case, and gosh, my manager (Pakistani) was ashamed when I was talking about this. Usually she would talk about all the big events that were happening, but this time she was as quiet as a clam. Same thing for several Pakistanis in my class. How sad.
I remember the incident of 9-11, some Muslim students in my school was attacked by others. They didn't get beaten up or anything, but their cars did. And they got rude attention from other students. It was sad. One Muslim student in my class got security taking her to her every class, so other students would not attack her.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:There were Pakistanis born English involved in this case, and gosh, my manager (Pakistani) was ashamed when I was talking about this. Usually she would talk about all the big events that were happening, but this time she was as quiet as a clam. Same thing for several Pakistanis in my class. How sad.
I remember the incident of 9-11, some Muslim students in my school was attacked by others. They didn't get beaten up or anything, but their cars did. And they got rude attention from other students. It was sad. One Muslim student in my class got security taking her to her every class, so other students would not attack her.
This is so sad! You should tell you boss to hold her head up high. The behaviour you talk about is nearly as bad as the terrorist acts themselves. In fact it is! Once again attacking innocent people. Why can't people see this. It is so frustrating....Punish those that committed the acts; not people who just happen to share the same nationality or religion....
:cry: :cry: :cry:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote: This is so sad! You should tell you boss to hold her head up high. The behaviour you talk about is nearly as bad as the terrorist acts themselves. In fact it is! Once again attacking innocent people. Why can't people see this. It is so frustrating....Punish those that committed the acts; not people who just happen to share the same nationality or religion....
I know but you know, sometimes one little worm can rot a whole apple. Nobody blames the innocent, but they're still in shame and it's hard not to look at others without being shamed. Although one might not be a killer, but that person will be ashamed to be from the same root as the killer, don't you think?
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote: This is so sad! You should tell you boss to hold her head up high. The behaviour you talk about is nearly as bad as the terrorist acts themselves. In fact it is! Once again attacking innocent people. Why can't people see this. It is so frustrating....Punish those that committed the acts; not people who just happen to share the same nationality or religion....
I know but you know, sometimes one little worm can rot a whole apple. Nobody blames the innocent, but they're still in shame and it's hard not to look at others without being shamed. Although one might not be a killer, but that person will be ashamed to be from the same root as the killer, don't you think?
:cry: :oops: I understand what you are saying and you are right, unfortunately. I just hope that change will happen and people will be able to remove themselves from that situation. So that people don't need to feel ashamed. If you are a good person that is how you should be judged! 8) :)
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

danyet ,,,, i 'll till you a secret ..

he is the manager on these attacks
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

mr_Love wrote:danyet ,,,, i 'll till you a secret ..

Hi mr_love sorry but I don't understand your last quote to danyet "he is the manager of these attacks?" Who you and what you have me really curious!!! :!:
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

no i m just joking with him
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Joking? I don't think this is a subject to joke about...
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

mr_Love wrote:no i m just joking with him
I still don't understand what you are trying to say. "Who managed the attacks." What do you mean by that. I must admit I don't find that funny at all. :shock: :?
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Even I saw the humour in Mr Love's post.

He is just playing with me because he mistakenly thinks that I hate the Arab or Muslim people.

I hate only the religion, not the people because I think that it has a strangle hold on the people who submit to it and I wish to help people to think twice about it.

I do not think that anyone needs to fear the Australian Police, if they are innocent. Australian Police are trained in "Diversity".
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

danyet wrote: I do not think that anyone needs to fear the Australian Police, if they are innocent. Australian Police are trained in "Diversity".
How did the Australian Police come into this one! :? I thought Mr Love was talking about a friend in LONDON. There is no mention that the police were Australian. I am assuming that it is the British Police that have been to see his friend! :?
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Oops! Sorry mate, your right. Drinking vodka while foruming do not mix!

I don't know about those Pommy Police.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

danyet wrote:Oops! Sorry mate, your right. Drinking vodka while foruming do not mix!

I don't know about those Pommy Police.
:lol: :lol:
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

Dixie wrote:

Joking? I don't think this is a subject to joke about...
i'm sorry DIXIE ........

:oops: sorry Friends :oops:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

THURSDAY 21/July.

There is breaking news that there has been more explosions in London. Three subway systems have been closed down. There is talk that one explosion has happened again in another bus. There are reportedly three seperate incidents!!!

My god what is going on. It has only been two weeks since the last attack!!! There are no injuries report yet.

Does anyone have any updates?

Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

shazzam1452 wrote:THURSDAY 21/July.

There is breaking news that there has been more explosions in London. Three subway systems have been closed down. There is talk that one explosion has happened again in another bus. There are reportedly three seperate incidents!!!

My god what is going on. It has only been two weeks since the last attack!!! There are no injuries report yet.

Does anyone have any updates?

That's completely new to me, I haven't watched or heard the news today. I will try to find out... My god what's happening to the world.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I have watched a little bit of the World News today and they are saying that no one was injured in these last attacks. That there were four small explosions. Three on trains and one on a double decker bus.

It seems almost exactly the same as the attacks two weeks ago. So authorities are starting to wonder if these are copy-cats. Why don't they get a life.....~~~ :twisted:

From interviews they have conducted on the streets of London most people are very calm and mostly angry at the offenders. They have said that the London people are very resilient and will not let this sort of thing change their day to day lives.

It must be so frustrating for them having to deal with these sorts of things though; imagine trying to get to work and then back home again with all this going on.

It is a big enough drag trying to get to work during peak hour without all these delays.......

:twisted: :evil:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

MORE BAD NEWS IN LONDON.

This morning I awoke to the news that a man was shot dead by police on a train in London's subway system. Onlookers say that he was shot 5 times. Reports are saying that under-cover police shot the man who they believed was about to detonate an explosive on the train.

This is madness!!! What is going on?

:twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :!: :!:
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Yes and Muslim extremists were killing and terrorizing innocent bystanders all over the world before 9/11, too.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

danyet wrote:Yes and Muslim extremists were killing and terrorizing innocent bystanders all over the world before 9/11, too.
Yes I know these sorts of terrorist acts have been going on for decades. Obviously the media coverage is more intense now so we are totally inundated with tragic images (plus it's pretty much instant). When I was a child sometimes you waited days for news events to make it to the television; actually the radio was the best source for current news.

I'm just watching the news and there has been more bombings in Eygpt. It seems to be happening more often now than it did decades ago. It is pretty much a daily event somewhere in the World.

It is so sad so many innocent people are affected by terrorist actions! Families that lose love ones for no reason. They are just going about their daily routine.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

yea. i saw the news this morning..... in egypet explotions
chemist
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by chemist »

I heard that news about Eygpt this morning too.
I don't know what to say,I'm really sad and mad and I'm just wondering why those people are doing this.it's really unfair to kill innocent people like that. :evil:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

chemist wrote:I heard that news about Eygpt this morning too.
I don't know what to say,I'm really sad and mad and I'm just wondering why those people are doing this.it's really unfair to kill innocent people like that. :evil:
There is alot of news coverage here about the explosions in Egypt tonight so i'm going to watch the news. It is so horrible! We are all so sick and tired of this sort of slaughter!! There has to be another way for these people to get their messages across.....None of this makes sense they aren't achieving anything. All they are doing is making people angrier. What are they trying to accomplish from this sort of stupidity? I'm at a total lose!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :cry:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

In Egypt?? What happened? I turned on the TV and flicked through all the News channels when I read your posts but didn't hear anything! I will have to wait for the 2 o'clock news.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: What going on

Post by Danyet »

Lucia wrote:You can not get the true if you watch normal tv. Programs like CNN and BBC and even others are controlled by the government. If you want know what going on, read history. And look at these:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... le9531.htm

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info
You are probably right that you don't get the truth from mainstream media but I doubt that will get truth from the site you linked to either.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

shazzam1452 wrote:MORE BAD NEWS IN LONDON.

This morning I awoke to the news that a man was shot dead by police on a train in London's subway system. Onlookers say that he was shot 5 times. Reports are saying that under-cover police shot the man who they believed was about to detonate an explosive on the train.

This is madness!!! What is going on?

:twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :!: :!:
MORE BAD NEWS! Reports today from London that the young man that was shot yesterday. WAS NOT A BOMBER. The police have made a mistake! This is so scarry!!! Another tragedy has come from these awful events.

:cry:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

The police made a mistake?????????????????????????

OK first of all, I don't think it's the police who should have taken the decision to kill that person. Why couldn't just get him and put him in prison??

And second, if the police shot an innocent man, they should be punished as well. Ask that man's families! What do they think it's best?

Geez.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Dixie wrote:The police made a mistake?????????????????????????

OK first of all, I don't think it's the police who should have taken the decision to kill that person. Why couldn't just get him and put him in prison??

And second, if the police shot an innocent man, they should be punished as well. Ask that man's families! What do they think it's best?

Geez.
This is a tradgedy of course. English police do not usually carry guns. Police are allowed to shoot if they believe that lives are at risk. Usually they would have tackeled the man but they thought that this man had a detonation device and could set off his bomb at an instant. I believe the man was shot in the head in order to shut down the nervous system.

The question is "Why did they think that he had a detonater."?