EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Inventions we can't live without

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Inventions we can't live without

Postby MissLT » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:31 pm

I bet we all have our appreciation and admiration for people who have invented all the great inventions such as airplanes, telephones, computers, cars, printers, scanners, cameras, etc. My question to you is which one(s) do you like best? In other words, which one(s) do you think the world would be dull if we didn't have that specific invention?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Butler » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:40 am

easy answer....The Internet ! How vital is that now !
Butler
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:33 am

What is our environment ?

the nature ?
the village ?
the city ?
the country ?
the society ?
the web ?

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:35 am

Butler wrote:easy answer....The Internet ! How vital is that now !

I could live without an Internet for a long period of time if I had to, but I could not live without a TV. I must have my TV on when I'm at home. Sometimes, I don't watch it, but it still has to be on because I need noises. Quietness drives me crazy, for I tend to have my thoughts wandering a lot. It's not even funny especially when I'm home alone.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Viktor_UA » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:44 pm

violet wrote:I think the toilet is the most important. Suppose you are window shopping in a busy street...
I have told my friends again and again: Do learn to say at least one sentence of foreign language if you are going to travel abroad----Where is the bathroom? 8)

:lol: funny)

On the one hand it's funny, but on the another hand it's important to know how to ask it in a critical situation.

Try to analyse last century! :idea: What was new? Electricity, machines (cars, trains, steam-ships), further modern machines, computers, Internet etc.
I can't mention the main invention for me. But just try to think what could we do without these...even without a toilet in the skyscraper? :lol:
Viktor_UA
Silver Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:59 am

violet wrote:I think the toilet is the most important. Suppose you are window shopping in a busy street...
I have told my friends again and again: Do learn to say at least one sentence of foreign language if you are going to travel abroad----Where is the bathroom? 8)

I don't have this problem when I go out. My cousins do, though. One of my cousins has to go every two or three hours. Her bladder is just as small as a nut, I guess :lol: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Mina » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:29 pm

hi!!!

I would lose my will of living if I couldn´t listen to my cds. I wouldn´t know what to do without my stereo.I can listen to music on the internet too, but it is not the same.
It is too painful to think about it...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Mina
Silver Member

Postby MissLT » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:40 am

Mina wrote:hi!!!

I would lose my will of living if I couldn´t listen to my cds. I wouldn´t know what to do without my stereo.I can listen to music on the internet too, but it is not the same.
It is too painful to think about it...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

My cousins are like that when we're on a trip and if they don't have their CD player with them; they would get really grouchy. Quite scary to sit next to them around that time :lol: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby vince90 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:27 pm

I think the most important thing that we need is electricity. In our home without electricity means light, TV, A/C, refrigerator, computer, etc will not operate. In public, there will be no lights. Manufactures, hospitals, businesses, markets, transportation and many things else will have a major issue. We use power to run things that we use in daily basic and we can not live without it.
vince90
Platinum Member

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions