EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Secrets of Success

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Secrets of Success

Postby TalkingPoint » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:10 am

Bob Dylan said: "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." To what extent do you agree with this definition?
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

Postby shokin » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:03 pm

Why to want to be successfull ?

and modesty ? and discretion ?

and think about anyone than "I, ME, MYSELF".

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:14 am

shokin wrote:Why to want to be successfull ?

There are million reasons why one wants to be successful. For instance, being successful so you can give things back to the community, family, and others; being successful so you can help others without having a feeling you can't do much help because you can't even help yourself; being successful so you will have the opportunity to take care of your parents when they get older, and not putting them in nursing home like other insensitive children; or being successful so you can provide your children a better education, a better understanding about giving and sharing the wells. Anyway, I can give you my million reasons if you'd like to :wink: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Re: Secrets of Success

Postby MissLT » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:21 am

TP wrote:Bob Dylan said: "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." To what extent do you agree with this definition?

My mom always says, "you are never poor if you're not a lazy person with a good heart." I think it's true. If you're not lazy, there are always jobs out there for you to do if you're willing to do them. And if you have a good heart, there are people who will help you when you need help because of bad fortune.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby shokin » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:55 am

What you say you can do with success, many people don't do so.

Success = Money ?

Better is not to create new needs. There are many unncessary (and bad !) things that people buy. If they did not buy these things, they could spend time and money more in the really important things.

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Success

Postby H » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:10 am

Success is something that you have acheived what you want.
you can get success by doing well, becoming famous or rich. To put it more simply, when you are comfortable and not feeling uneasy, you are successful. I must say you can obtain success when you meet your desires and targets. However, I belive in this material world; success is through money, by getting good education, having properties, car, bank balance and soforth.

sometimes I thinks this is not adequate to be successful. Can you win hearts through money? Can you buy the love (genuine) of girl, the love of parents and the love of humans etc.

Does the money play a vital role in success?
H

Re: Success

Postby MissLT » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:26 am

H wrote:Success is something that you have acheived what you want.you can get success by doing well, becoming famous or rich. To put it more simply, when you are comfortable and not feeling uneasy, you are successful.

Shokin, this is my answer right here. Thanks H, it's exactly what I wanted to say :wink: . If you want your day to be a happy day and you've made it becoming a happy, I think you've succeeded your goal to be happy, and therefore, you are successful. Success doesn't always have to involve with money. Anything you want for yourself or others and you have achieved it, you're successful.
And most of the reasons I said in my previous post involves with money. You can't deny that we don't need money to live. Money is essential; however, being a slave or a boss of money is how you work your way with money. Some people have little, but they are still happy enough while some have a lot, but they're too stressed to stop for a happy time.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby shokin » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:14 am

I hope than you have not only personal goal, but collective goals, too.

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby vince90 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:25 pm

shokin wrote:I hope than you have not only personal goal, but collective goals, too.

Shokin

It could be anything you have in mind that you want to achieve.
vince90
Platinum Member

Re: Secrets of Success

Postby Lizzy » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:31 pm

TP wrote:Bob Dylan said: "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." To what extent do you agree with this definition?

Actually, I quite agree with this definition! I think the success here mentions 2 points:

1-If one are capable of doing what he wants, he/she's half successful.
2-If he/she is diligent enough to do those, he/she is successful.
Lizzy
Gold Member

Next

Return to Talking Point Discussion