EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Holidays are a waste of time.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby Coolfish » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:33 am

Hi SpinArgel, we do have our family and friends, and we do wish we could enjoy our life with them.

But it is important the job for us because we need it to make our lover having a better life. In some country, especialy in developing country, we must work hard to earn more money for impoving our living quality. Since we don't have the same resourses as the rich, we must pay more things including time and energy.
Coolfish
Silver Member

Postby SpinArgel » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:44 am

Sorry Coolfish,

you’ve got something wrong. I don’t speak about the different necessity of earning of poor and rich people. I refer to the topic “Holidays is waste of time”.

Sure I agree, if you need every cent you can get, you won’t waste any idea about holidays. But as I said - that isn’t the main topic here.

Good morning from
SpinArgel :-)
SpinArgel

Postby Coolfish » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:40 pm

Hi, I like this forums and you guys here.
I just want to show my real view point and dicuss with you firends. Although it seems a little far from the topic.
Coolfish
Silver Member

Postby shokin » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:32 pm

Do the part of the things.

Even useless is useful.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:12 pm

SpinArgel wrote:Sorry Coolfish,

you’ve got something wrong. I don’t speak about the different necessity of earning of poor and rich people. I refer to the topic “Holidays is waste of time”.

Sure I agree, if you need every cent you can get, you won’t waste any idea about holidays. But as I said - that isn’t the main topic here.

Good morning from
SpinArgel :-)

I agree that not everyone can afford holidays and you have to weigh that up very heavily when chosing a destination or a style of holiday break. We have a family and funds are short. A couple of years ago we bought a small tent and a few camping items (sleeping bags, cooking utensils). Now the best escape is for a couple of days anywhere! Its great fun and you get to spend quality time together as a family.

However, if I was a wealthy person I must admit I think I would love to travel overseas and visit all the wonderful places. But as I said that takes alot of money.

But what a dream!!!!! 8) :wink:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby leen@rasel » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:56 pm

I don't agree with you at all holidays are days for resting and getting rid of stress that we face at work at school and don't tell that you don't need to rest after a long time of studying and doing exams ,i spend holidays reading books to get more information beside those we recieve from school books aperson should not limit his mind on information he she gets from school books especially if the information or the books are very old so this information are not up to date :x
leen@rasel
Gold Member

Postby Shazzam » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:31 pm

leen@rasel wrote:I don't agree with you at all holidays are days for resting and getting rid of stress that we face at work at school and don't tell that you don't need to rest after a long time of studying and doing exams ,i spend holidays reading books to get more information beside those we recieve from school books aperson should not limit his mind on information he she gets from school books especially if the information or the books are very old so this information are not up to date :x

Thats great everyone has a different way of relaxing and if you get that from reading etc. then it is a holiday! 8)
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby someone_cute » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:48 pm

I disagree and you r not right dear ..
The holiday created to satisfied from the school tiredness ..
although the holiday is boring but not as boring as school .. You can do what ever u want with out obligations .. and If there is no holidays ,, you couldn't continue studying at school ,, you will do the worse .. because some fun is very important to refresh our memories ..
The holiday time is very short comparison with school time ( 3 months in front of 9 months ) ..
Most people if aren't all like holidays more than school ..
But finally we must love school too :wink: .
«®°•.¸.•°°•.¸.•°™ someone cute .•°®»
someone_cute
Silver Member

Postby Shazzam » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:09 pm

someone_cute wrote:I disagree and you r not right dear ..
although the holiday is boring but not as boring as school .. You can do what ever u want with out obligations .. and If there is no holidays ,, you couldn't continue studying at school ,, you will do the worse .. because some fun is very important to refresh our memories ..
The holiday time is very short comparison with school time ( 3 months in front of 9 months ) ..

Sorry but in the working world you are lucky to get four weeks a year leave. Take it from me the memory has as many difficulties in the work place as it does in school.

Why does everyone assume that we are talking about holidays from school here. People that work in jobs have holidays too!

:roll:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby someone_cute » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:44 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:
someone_cute wrote:I disagree and you r not right dear ..

Sorry but in the working world you are lucky to get four weeks a year leave. Take it from me the memory has as many difficulties in the work place as it does in school.

Why does everyone assume that we are talking about holidays from school here. People that work in jobs have holidays too!

:roll:

Oh sorry hahaha , but when I hear the word " holiday " my thought goes to school directly .. I don'y know why ?? may be because I am still at school and not working yet ..
But I have the same opinion about holidays whether in school or work :roll:
«®°•.¸.•°°•.¸.•°™ someone cute .•°®»
someone_cute
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion