about the diet in this season(any useful advice are welcome)

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

yaojun1984

about the diet in this season(any useful advice are welcome)

Post by yaojun1984 »

This season,between the transition from spring to summer,do you have any useful or interested pieces of advice about the diet.
According to my observation,boys and girls are very different on the diet.And many girls eat a little at the dinner but after the dinner they will eat much fruit such as apples,oranges,pineapple,strawberryand so on.I don't pay attention to my diet and now,unfortunately,I have a bad appetite.I want to know how to keep a healthy diet.

Everyone will be welcome to give advice.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

As use, I advice fruits and vegetables, water ! (for men and women)

but when it is warm (especially in summer), I observed that I eat not as much as usually.

Eat some all, especially fruits and vegetables, water, especially what you like eating.

Don't forget sport !

Don't be so difficult with your eating. What is your aim ? your goal ? of the diet ? aren't you in good health now ?

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
yaojun1984

Post by yaojun1984 »

shokin wrote:Don't be so difficult with your eating. What is your aim ? your goal ? of the diet ? aren't you in good health now ?

Shokin
Thank you!In fact, I know that water is very importent to the health,but I never drink tea,and when I am thirsty I always eat fruiuts or drink beverage instead of drinking water. But until now I haven't find that something wrong with my health.I hope that I will get out of this habit afterwards.
I am a college girl, and like every other girls I want to keep slender.But now I have a good appetite,and I eat more than before and additionally I eat a lot of fruit because of thirsty and I am now very worried about my health.I don't know how to arrange my diet.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Why slender ? why is there this ideal ? being slender is not necessary for being in good health.

Being slender is not bad, but being too slender can be bad.

Enjoy your appetite ! :mrgreen:

Drink water and some fruit juices and fruits. [Personnally I don't prefer natural fruits than fruit juices.] One good thing of water is that water does not make you addicted to any drink. There is no sugar, no alcohol in water. And sincerely, water is my favorite drink. It is the drink that chills me better.

Don't drink charged drinks (and meals) before sleeping, before bad sleeping. Water and vegetables pie, for example.

Yes, take an apple and a water bottle at classes or at work !

Make some breaks during studying/working ! smile ! :mrgreen:

Do you see the link between health, nutrition and time managing ? ;)

Shokin
yaojun1984

Post by yaojun1984 »

Shokin and Violent,Your advice is very precious.And I decide to take it to practice.But the problem is that I find that one person's bad habit is very difficult to overcome.Is there some other ways to instead of water.And I don't like sports because I have many other interested interested things to do.As to slender,I belong to the thin.So,I'm sometimes not care about this facet but only to worry about.Perhaps I am now not conscious of the importance of health.

Sometimes I think about that why morden people look the appearance so important.I would prefer to live as my willness and not to take others'view to consideration,as shokin's opinion.But I think the world has it's own tendency.We must pay attention to others' view and I think keeping slender has many benifits and it can avoid from some diseases.Therefore,I will also displine myself sometimes.
frengo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by frengo »

I know many people don't like sports, for various reasons. Nevertheless, you can achieve good results for your health in other ways: for example, everybody likes to walk in nice places like a park, or in the country... you can simply do that, just walking a litte faster than usual. Half an hour of fast walking a day (you don't need to run) can give effective results, even if this is not really a sport!
And by the way, try to avoid fruit beverages of industrial origin: they are always surcharged with sugar, that in turn have a subtle but massive effect on your weight!
yaojun1984

Post by yaojun1984 »

frengo wrote:Half an hour of fast walking a day (you don't need to run) can give effective results, even if this is not really a sport!
I think walking is a very good way for me to keep healthy.And I like walking from a small child.But I find that now if I am along by myself,I will not go anywhere outside.I even feel ashamed.However,I am going to overcome all difficulties to keep me healthy.
yaojun1984

Post by yaojun1984 »

I want to know all of you are often take part in all kinds of sports to keep healthy? SOmetimes I find to do is more difficult than to say.
orange
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by orange »

Right, saying is always easier than doing. So i think we must have willness to reach to the aim. I've never cared to my health before, i've never known what sport is.... the result is i've ever spent a lots time and money for my health :(
Sport is the best solution to be good health. Water, fruit, vegetable and sport are the most necessarry materials to build the house of healthy :D :twisted:
My sport is swimming, very useful for me ;)
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: about the diet in this season(any useful advice are welc

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

yaojun1984 wrote:This season,between the transition from spring to summer,do you have any useful or interested pieces of advice about the diet.
According to my observation,boys and girls are very different on the diet.And many girls eat a little at the dinner but after the dinner they will eat much fruit such as apples,oranges,pineapple,strawberryand so on.I don't pay attention to my diet and now,unfortunately,I have a bad appetite.I want to know how to keep a healthy diet.

Everyone will be welcome to give advice.
A friend of mine had followed a very simple diet, but I am not sure if it is healthy or not.
She never eat anything after 7p.m. she lost 11Kg in 2 months
Felix

Post by Felix »

I Think the ideal advice about diet is to eat of everything and little. If all kind the food is bad thre is no problem because you ate little and if everything is good so better because you ate of everything.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Felix wrote:I Think the ideal advice about diet is to eat of everything and little.
I agree with AND LITTLE.

I don-t agree with EVERYTHING.

Shokin
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

For ideal health in human or animal one must not only eat heathily but also exercise. This includes weight resistance training for humans if you don't work in heavey manual labour. Weight training is the only way keep your muscles in top shape and strengthen your bones. This is because weight training adds density to bones. Muscle was designed to be used. Also the more muscle you have the higher your matabolism. This will burn fat. Aerobic training will only raise your metabolism for a few hours. Bone density is especially important for women because they are so susceptable to osteoporosis.
A slender shape is the ideal. Fat can be a burden on the heart and shortens lifespan. It is best not to eat a lot of fruit before sleep because of the sugars. Also keep your meals small. No more that 700 calories at one time. It is OK ( or better) to eat 4 or 5 times a day as long as you keep the calories low.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

There was a dietician on Oprah the other day and this was his suggestion:

Eat a healthy breakfast including a piece of fruit or fruit juice.

Have a balanced lunch (pretty much whatever you want; but in moderation).

A smaller dinner. But here is the trick you have to have your dinner early (no later than 6pm).

YOU CAN'T EAT ANYTHING AT ALL AFTER 6pm.

Have a half hour walk everyday.

I understand not eating after 6pm as your body pretty much shuts down as you relax/sleep. You dont' burn enough calories to compensate for a big meal.

8) 8) 8) :D