EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

value of your thoughts

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

value of your thoughts

Postby sophywg » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:03 pm

Every moment we are thinking. you would be wondering how many great ideas only jump into your mind if you could seize them and write them down in time! so man with wisdom did write and let the coming generations have sth to inherit.

well, with the knowledge and wisdom accumulating, it comes trouble too. New technique changes with each passing day,and some does make our life more convenient but at the same time it has problems, for instance, people cut more trees with electric saws and cars are making more pollution etc.

now some people oppose developing of science and technology, because they are afraid that one day new technology would bring devastation to the socalled civilization. Perhaps the best way to stop the hardworking scientists is to keep them away from the labs or the penandpaper.

it's said that, in 1900, you only finished reading two books then you would be a chemist, for chemistry just started at that time. and you can imagine how much knowledge you need to learn if you want to become a chemist in 2000!

now we can see schools, colleges and universities almost every where. and some collegers seem enjoying staying on campus, and they immediately go on to learn another subject after they finish one. As knowledge bulking up and no limit on the age for people to go to college, it pushes me to imagine that most people cannot leave school for their whole life.

imagine that all the family, from young to old, they all take up schoolbags and rush to school when they wake up on the monday morning! with the study has already become a fun for the people. maybe a child under 15 would make bigger devotion to science then Einsten, with the help of new techique and so many sources to get information about any field. That may be because the children's intelligence has been brightened playing the hitech toys and games at the kindergarden while einsten had no such things to help improve his IQ.
there will be miracles when you believe
sophywg

re:violet

Postby sophywg » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:11 am

Thank you very much, violet. well, one of my Canadian friends told me that the kids in his hometown seldom learn anything, they believe it would be enough that one can make money. the children always say"see:Uncle A does not study but he does business well, why do i need to learn?" What do you think of that, Violet? maybe they would turn to certain books after they earned a great deal of money with which they had fun but already tired of all of them?
there will be miracles when you believe
sophywg

Return to Ideas and Opinions