EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

DESSERT WINES! Does anyone have any suggestions?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

DESSERT WINES! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Postby Shazzam » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:26 am

I am going to have a dinner party in three weeks time. I have had many dinner parties but I have decided to do something a little different.

I have never bought a dessert wine in my life and from what I have been told you have to be very careful what sort of dessert you serve with certain dessert wines.

Does anyone have any suggestions; or a favorite dessert wine they could recommend?
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: 8)
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:35 pm

Well, I know many good wine brands but they are Catalan and Spanish wines so I don't think you can find them there...

Catalan: Priorat, Penedès...
Spanish: Rioja...

I tried, though... Good luck, honey ;)
Last edited by Dixie on Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Re: DESSERT WINES! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Postby MissLT » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:15 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:I am going to have a dinner party in three weeks time. I have had many dinner parties but I have decided to do something a little different.

I have never bought a dessert wine in my life and from what I have been told you have to be very careful what sort of dessert you serve with certain dessert wines.

Does anyone have any suggestions; or a favorite dessert wine they could recommend?

I have Instyle magazine sent to me every month, and in that magazine there is a little section of how to have a bbq time or hold a party. It includes everything from main course meal to dessert and cocktail. If you're interested, I'll scan the copies out and send them to you :wink: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby shokin » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:57 pm

Rioja is very good ! My friend bought it in Valencia and brought it to us !

I like very much the Muscat, too !

In Switzerland we have the "fendant" (="cabernet sauvignon").

The "malvoisie" and "la petite arvine" are aussi in my favourites dessert wines !

The Sauterne is very good, too.

I suppose there are many others that I don't know, but google can help us !

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:42 am

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote:I am going to have a dinner party in three weeks time. I have had many dinner parties but I have decided to do something a little different.

I have Instyle magazine sent to me every month, and in that magazine there is a little section of how to have a bbq time or hold a party. It includes everything from main course meal to dessert and cocktail. If you're interested, I'll scan the copies out and send them to you :wink: .

Thanks Lenny but I've got the menu planned. It was a dessert wine! I haven't bought one or even tried one before. So I was wondering what other people had tried and like. Thanks though! 8) :)
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:43 am

shokin wrote:Rioja is very good ! My friend bought it in Valencia and brought it to us !

I like very much the Muscat, too !

In Switzerland we have the "fendant" (="cabernet sauvignon").

The "malvoisie" and "la petite arvine" are aussi in my favourites dessert wines !

The Sauterne is very good, too.

I suppose there are many others that I don't know, but google can help us !

Shokin

Wow! Excellent I have written down the wines that you have suggested I will check out the bottleshop next time I'm there for these brands.

Thanks so much for the information! 8)
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby vince90 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:08 pm

I like "Yellow Tail" brand Australian wine. It's so smooth. I don't know they have desert wine for this brand or not. Since you live there you may want to check it out.
vince90
Platinum Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:30 pm

shazzam1452 wrote: Thanks Lenny but I've got the menu planned. It was a dessert wine! I haven't bought one or even tried one before. So I was wondering what other people had tried and like. Thanks though! 8) :)

What kinda dessert are you planning to make?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Shazzam » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:01 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote: Thanks Lenny but I've got the menu planned. It was a dessert wine! I haven't bought one or even tried one before. So I was wondering what other people had tried and like. Thanks though! 8) :)

What kinda dessert are you planning to make?

Strawberry flan (very sweet) with cinamon cream! YUM :)

There goes the waistline again!! :wink:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:36 pm

I didn't have to worry about the dessert wine a friend brought some with them. It was PEACH SCHNAPPS I think that is the spelling. Yummy! 8) I was very :D after a couple of glasses. If I had anymore than a couple I think I would have been rolling around :lol: :lol:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Next

Return to Food & Fitness