EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

dan brown

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Dan Brown- Da Vinci Code,Angels And Demons Do you like?

Postby ozlemysticgirl » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:40 pm

I have just read these two books and I must admit that they gave me all the pleasure and excitement.Mysticism has always attracted me.(you can see it in my nick too :) )So both of them completely appeal to me.I really like Dan Brown.What do you think?Do you like?Give me your opinions pls
Thanks
ozlemysticgirl

Postby MissLT » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:07 pm

It was okay.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Dixie » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:37 pm

I loved them!!!!!!!!

I read The Da Vinci Code first. I read it in two days. It just fascinated me! I found it really interesting. I started with Angels and Demons immediately, and the first thing I thought was: "Both novels start the same way!", you know.

I've read the other two novels by Brown, Digital Fortress (his first novel, I think) and Deception Point, which were OK.

The Da Vinci Code was the best one! Now this type of novels are proliferating in bookstores!
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Dixie » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:52 am

Well, it looked pretty real to me :roll: As I was reading the book, I thought all the explantions given were realistic. Later on I realized it was just a novel. But I think it could be, why not?
Dixie

Postby MissLT » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:12 pm

It's a fictitious book. It should be under fiction section in the bookstores. And there's a documentary movie about this book that one English... (I forgot what he was) was going after all the clues that are given out in the book to see whether they're true or not. I recommend you to see it if you like to see nice scences of England and the places that are mentioned in the book. It'll make you feel like you've been to those places :wink: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby ozlemysticgirl » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:09 pm

I agree with Dixie it's just a novel but I believe that it may be true that Jesus was married to Maria Magdalena.Dan Brown wrote the novel so vividly that its impossible not to believe it.I carried away much while reading the book. :)
ozlemysticgirl

sigh...

Postby hedwig14 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:40 am

As a Christian, i don't believe in it... i would always uphold what is stated in the Bible... Though, it may be written so vividly, it's still not the ground of the truth.. i've heard that there is this one book which they say is written with more precision.. i don't know why these people are writing these books(may it be true or not). but i'll never submit to them... it's my faith..
hedwig14
Gold Member

Postby illusion » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:42 am

many religious people feel offened by that book. Personally I don't. I like it even though it says stuff like Jesus had a wife and he had a son. I mean it would be a bit ridiculous, wouldn't it? Dan Brown is just a professional writer and took care about all the details so well that some people believed it's all true. I think he based on some facts for sure but it only helped him to develop his own story and his own point of view of that matter. And that's how this great book came to life haha ;p
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:58 am

illusion wrote:many religious people feel offened by that book.

According to my father-in-law, those who get offended by that book are not educated people :D
Dixie

Postby MissLT » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:22 pm

illusion wrote:Dan Brown is just a professional writer and took care about all the details so well that some people believed it's all true. I think he based on some facts for sure but it only helped him to develop his own story and his own point of view of that matter. And that's how this great book came to life haha ;p

Exactly! And maybe I'm not a Christian so I don't understand this, but I don't see the big deal of it if Jesus got married... :?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Next

Return to Books & Authors