What would you prefer?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

What do you prefer?

Dining at home!
71%
Eating out!
29%

Total votes: 7

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

What would you prefer?

Post by Shazzam »

How many people would prefer to make a meal at home or dine out?

I have only recently had two meals out. Normally I don't, I cook.

I have to say they were shocking. Over-priced and under-rated meals.

I was so disappointed in the quality of food available. I'm not talking about fast food restaurants; I'm talking about Restaurants.

My husband was starving after the meal as the portions were so small and the price for accompaniments was ridiculous!

Overall it was just too expensive for what we received and not as good as what I can cook myself.

What do you think?

Also have you had a really great/bad dining experience. Share it here! 8)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Both! :D

I would say it depends on the moment and how you feel like. Sometimes you prefer to have a nice dinner at home, and other times you just feel like eating out. Problem is, it's expensive but there is no harm in doing it sometimes.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

At home ! Read the topic about "your favourite fast food" and you will know my position.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

I choose both. Usually we cook at home but sometime we eat out. We dine out because sometime we feel like to eat different cuisines, food that we can’t cook at home, going out with friends and family or to bore to eat at home. Good food good price defend where you go. Just like you cook at home, the result is not always the same. It turns out good and it also turns out terrible sometime.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

vince90 wrote:I choose both. Usually we cook at home but sometime we eat out. We dine out because sometime we feel like to eat different cuisines, food that we can’t cook at home,
Can't argue with this :wink: .
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

shokin wrote:At home ! Read the topic about "your favourite fast food" and you will know my position.

Shokin
Hi Shokin this topic isn't about fast food, it is about dining out (fine dining - Restaurants).
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
vince90 wrote:I choose both. Usually we cook at home but sometime we eat out. We dine out because sometime we feel like to eat different cuisines, food that we can’t cook at home,
Can't argue with this :wink: .
Me too! I like to try different things that is why in the last couple of weeks I have eaten out (Restaurants) a couple of times to get some ideas. Obviously I just happened to chose the wrong restaurants. It certainly would be a very expensive hobby if you did it too regularly.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

shazzam1452 wrote:
shokin wrote:At home ! Read the topic about "your favourite fast food" and you will know my position.

Shokin
Hi Shokin this topic isn't about fast food, it is about dining out (fine dining - Restaurants).
When you work in a restaurant, when you see how much food we waste... how many meals people don't finish...

Shokin
waiting4sunny

Post by waiting4sunny »

Of couse at home. I don't know why i perfer this. :lol: :lol:
kamiya

Post by kamiya »

i often eat at home, but sometimes going out with family and eating in a restaurant is very good idea.
ayimak
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

shokin wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote:

Shokin
When you work in a restaurant, when you see how much food we waste... how many meals people don't finish...
Shokin
Wasting food is everywhere. It can not be only restaurants. It could be from homes, schools, hospitals and etc.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

vince90 wrote:
shokin wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote: Hi Shokin this topic isn't about fast food, it is about dining out (fine dining - Restaurants).
Shokin
Wasting food is everywhere. It can not be only restaurants. It could be from homes, schools, hospitals and etc.
I'm lucky I have a dog and she eats all the scraps from the table. We don't waste much in this house except for salad, she isn't too keen on salad! :lol: :lol:

All the left over vegetables and fruit (including peels) go into my compost bin and we use it on the gardens (free fertilizer).

8)
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

vince90 wrote:
shokin wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote: Hi Shokin this topic isn't about fast food, it is about dining out (fine dining - Restaurants).
Shokin
At home you can easily avoid cooking too much food (and having to put it away).

Shokin
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: What would you prefer?

Post by sweethuman »

If I am in my own country then I like it at home however if I am in another country out of my own country then I prefer eating it outside