If you were having a dinner party?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

If you were having a dinner party?

Post by Shazzam »

If you were having a dinner party with four of your best friends what would you prepare?

What wine would you serve with the meal and what coffee/tea would you serve?
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

Since your guests are best friends, you may want to entertain and impress them with a formal diner. Here are my suggestions:

• Prepare the dinner table with your best cloth. Decorate the table with a centerpiece fresh flower and few candles light. Setup dinner wares for each person before they arrive. Turn on the soft music in the background.

• You have to think the best foods you can cook to satisfy your guests and prepare them in advance. First, for stater I would prepare a tray of hors d’oeuvres like stuffed mushrooms, smoked salmon etc. You serve this with drink when the guest arrives. Second, you should have at least three courses for dinner. It includes appetizers like coconut scrimp, fresh salad or the best homemade soup. The main course is your guest favorites dish so you have to make it well. Try to make it with your own recipe. To make it more formal, change the new plate for each serving course. Take it slow as you can so you and your guests can enjoy the foods and conversation. The easy way to find the good wine is to ask your local liquors store. They may give you some suggestions. Red wine goes with meat and white wine always good with seafood. You may want to have both coffee and tea for the desert because some like tea and some like coffee. For me I like to have a shot of Brandy to burn the food after the meal.

Have fun and goodluck.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

An apero with "sushi" and some white wine for apero.

Under "summery sun" (sunny summer), some salats with own sauce, and a large vegetables table ! with seafood ! and red wine adapted to this meal.

And finally a dessert wine ! (la petite arvine ! in Valais !)

No coffee.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: If you were having a dinner party?

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote:If you were having a dinner party with four of your best friends what would you prepare?

Halloween's, Thanksgivings's, Christmas's, New Year's Eve's, New Year's, Birthday's, friends-hanging-out-together's, double-dating-night's, or what? :?
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote:If you were having a dinner party with four of your best friends what would you prepare?

Halloween's, Thanksgivings's, Christmas's, New Year's Eve's, New Year's, Birthday's, friends-hanging-out-together's, double-dating-night's, or what? :?

Just a dinner party! Haven't you ever just had a dinner party for no reason. I do it all the time. It is great to share great food, wine, music and company. :D
Last edited by Shazzam on Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
waiting4sunny

Post by waiting4sunny »

I think HAPPY is the most importent thing.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote: Just a dinner party! Haven't you ever just had a dinner party for no reason. I do it all the time. It is great to share great food, wine, music and company. :D
Nope, I never have such kinda dinner party unless it's a special occasion. I usually go eating out with my friends.