EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Are you NORMAL ?!

Games, contests and jokes. Have fun!

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby MissLT » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:16 am

One thing I wonder about this test, were people thinking about carrot, apparently :roll: , or other vegetables in their native language or English???
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Viktor_UA » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:08 pm

This test is for people who know English well, who think by English. This test isn't for me 8) cause I think by russian language in more cases. :wink:
Viktor_UA
Silver Member

Postby Lalee » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:49 pm

LennyeTran wrote:One thing I wonder about this test, were people thinking about carrot, apparently :roll: , or other vegetables in their native language or English???

Now that you mentioned that, Lennye. I was wondering the same thing. Before thinking in any vegetable, I was like: "Wait, should I think in Spanish or English?"
Then I thought, "Oh well, it should be in English since I'm being asked in English." :wink:
Lalee
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:57 pm

Do you think with words or with images?
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Lalee » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:55 pm

Dixie wrote:Do you think with words or with images?

This is so funny, Dix. I thought with images first. I pictured a beautiful, green avocado and then bright, red tomatoes. :roll:
Lalee
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:14 pm

That's what I meant. Your mind works with images before words. When you think of a beautiful house, for instance, what do you see first in your mind: an image of that house, or the words you use to describe it? :D
Dixie

Postby MissLT » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:35 am

violet wrote: Now I've found that CABBAGE is very common in the answers. So all people choose others should be abnormal. :wink:

That's what I thought, too Vi. It's either that or we all have a little of weirdness inside us all.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:40 am

Lalee wrote: Now that you mentioned that, Lennye. I was wondering the same thing. Before thinking in any vegetable, I was like: "Wait, should I think in Spanish or English?"
Then I thought, "Oh well, it should be in English since I'm being asked in English." :wink:

:lol: that's interesting. As for my case, I was scrolling it down and I was blah blah blah..., so broccoli was in my head. But then I remembered I hated broccoli. Right after that, cabbage popped up in my head (in English) and carrot (in Vietnamese since carrots in Vietnamese is a borrowed word in English; therefore, they both kinda sound the same).
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby rbabu » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:32 pm

Wow :D It's very interesting. As soon as I saw the word vegetable, an image of carrot popped up in my mind. I don't know why it came in my mind. I was thinking of carrot for around 3 seconds before switching to potato.
Everyone's invited!
rbabu

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment