HURRICANE KATRINA - Destroys New Orleans

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

HURRICANE KATRINA - Destroys New Orleans

Post by Shazzam »

Hurricane KATRINA.

New Orleans may never be resurrected. That is the news coming from the area that is totally devasted in the USA. It is being noted as the worst disaster to ever hit America. So many people have lost their lives and their property and lively-hood.

The news is that lawlessness is running rampid. Australia has offered help. Other countries should join in. During the Tsunami in Indonesia every country came in to offer help. The same should apply here. America needs help. Lets face it so many countries have benefited from America.

Put aside feelings related to war and religion. This is about helping people live.

I hope the World can put all their feelings aside and help these people that are in crisis.

I will continue to post here as news come to hand.

At this point the news is so grim.

Please lets extend our hands in friendship during this terrible tragedy. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I just heard that the government is not helping.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Dixie wrote:I just heard that the government is not helping.
What Government Dixie? :cry:
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

Dixie wrote:I just heard that the government is not helping.
American government, right? What BUsh did was to send soldiers to that zone and they have the order to shoot anyone who commit a crime, like steal food or water, because people there don't have anything left. :?
Saku
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Saku »

Today I watched TV and it talked about this disaster. So terrible! More than 10,000 people died and they said they would kill each other because they were too hungry. A new image of America appears.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

It's terrible, but I wonder to countries will expand now more time/money to search ways to break global warming too...
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Most people getting stuck in New Orleans are black ones, who aren't rich enough to get off the disaster before it happened. The Bush's administration has been so slow in action to help people there. More terrible, all people who gather what's left are shot immediately. Why do they have to do so? "We are too hungry", that's what they said.

_Arale_
Nothing lasts forever...
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Arale wrote:More terrible, all people who gather what's left are shot immediately.
_Arale_
That is not true. People are taking whatever they need. They are not being shot. However, the situation is made worse by another element that I have no explanation for. The people are being kept against their will in that superdome that is on the news. They want to get out and go to safety outside the city but they have been LOCKED INSIDE by so-called athorities. There is only one road that now leads out of the city BUT a check point or road block has been set up there to prevent anyone from escaping.
A group of tourists who had to leave their hotels tried to walk out of the city but police fired warning shots over their heads to make them turn around. Those police are lucky that I was not there..... because I would have shot back.

This is very disturbing. Why is government taken citizen rights off these people? On whos' athority? Who is in charge? I want his name.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

danyet wrote:
Arale wrote:More terrible, all people who gather what's left are shot immediately.
_Arale_
That is not true. People are taking whatever they need. They are not being shot. However, the situation is made worse by another element that I have no explanation for. The people are being kept against their will in that superdome that is on the news. They want to get out and go to safety outside the city but they have been LOCKED INSIDE by so-called athorities. There is only one road that now leads out of the city BUT a check point or road block has been set up there to prevent anyone from escaping.
A group of tourists who had to leave their hotels tried to walk out of the city but police fired warning shots over their heads to make them turn around. Those police are lucky that I was not there..... because I would have shot back.

This is very disturbing. Why is government taken citizen rights off these people? On whos' athority? Who is in charge? I want his name.
The news that is coming through here is terrible. 50 Australians were stranded in New Orleands. Two media companies in Australia have managed to go in and get a handful of Australians out with security guards. Apparently from reports from these survivors what is going on there is frightening. There are gangs that are committing terrible acts in that superdome. It is absolutely disgusting.

The American government needs to concentrate all of its efforts to get this situation fixed up immediately. Australia has offered help but it has been refused at this point. We aren't allowed to send any diplomatic efforts over to help our citizens (for security reasons). I mean what is that about?

When the Tsunami hit Indonesia the whole world was there quickly and action was taken swiftly to try and help people get fresh water, food, clothes etc. America has to accept the help if they need it.

:twisted: :twisted: :cry:
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Foreign Minister Alexander Downer yesterday said Americans were refusing to allow Australian consular officials into New Orleans.

A Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade spokesman said about 40 Australians had now escaped New Orleans. "We now know of less than 20 Australians who may still be in the affected area and may be awaiting evacuation," he said.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

News is coming through here tonight that police have shot several gang members that were rampaging and terrorising people in New Orleans.

The people that are committing these crimes don't seem to have any respect for human life; so what do they expect.

I don't feel sorry for them at all. I think they deserve what they get. To behave in such a way in the middle of such a tragedy. The people I feel sorry for are the police that have to deal with these sorts of situations. :shock:
trinity19

Post by trinity19 »

i don't know but in tv they're saying that people are being treated like dogs, that the rescue forces only care about keeping the order (which is important) but not about people who need to eat...of course, crazy people taking advantatge of such a horrible situation doesn't make the things better but it seems that the governtment isn't reacting as they should, isn't it?
leen@rasel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by leen@rasel »

i was really vexed and sad when i heard this news ,the U.S government failed it's community and people who paid for such a leazy reaction are those of this humane disaster...may God be with them
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

leen__rasel wrote:i was really vexed and sad when i heard this news ,the U.S government failed it's community and people who paid for such a leazy reaction are those of this humane disaster...may God be with them
I totally agree. I am so disappointed with the US Government I really did expect more powerful leadership than this.

To the rest of the World looks upon the US as being the most powerful Government in the world; it doesn't exactly paint them that way.

If you can't look after your own; and the people there that are visitors in your country with some sort of respect, close the doors. :shock:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

danyet wrote:Foreign Minister Alexander Downer yesterday said Americans were refusing to allow Australian consular officials into New Orleans.

A Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade spokesman said about 40 Australians had now escaped New Orleans. "We now know of less than 20 Australians who may still be in the affected area and may be awaiting evacuation," he said.
Still 20 people too many in my book! We could have dealt with this issue and had ALL Australians home by now if we had been authorised to do so. :roll:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote: I totally agree. I am so disappointed with the US Government I really did expect more powerful leadership than this.
This is Bush Administration for you :x . It took him three frigging days to get there, and all he did was hugging some kids. Where was he when their houses got destroyed? Now he came to hug them to show he "cares" since they were all clean and stuff. This is bs... I wonder how people who voted for Bush sleep at night. They gave their rights to the devil :x .
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

LennyeTran wrote: This is Bush Administration for you :x . It took him three frigging days to get there, and all he did was hugging some kids. Where was he when their houses got destroyed? Now he came to hug them to show he "cares" since they were all clean and stuff. This is bs... I wonder how people who voted for Bush sleep at night. They gave their rights to the devil :x .
Woh there baby! Do you have any idea how USA works? Bush had no responsibility in this except that he could have gone on TV and reinforced what LA's government already said, Ëvacuate". This is a states right issue and the Feds have no part in giving evacuation orders or getting transport for anyone unless the state asks for help........which they did NOT.

Who cares if he went to LA or did not go to LA. It makes no difference. All he has to do is give an order anyway. He should not have to go anywhere. If he does, it is only to appease some touchy feely sissy types in order to get a good photo op.

So, lets face it. You just want to whine about Bush.......again!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

danyet wrote: Woh there baby! Do you have any idea how USA works? Bush had no responsibility in this except that he could have gone on TV and reinforced what LA's government already said, Ëvacuate". This is a states right issue and the Feds have no part in giving evacuation orders or getting transport for anyone unless the state asks for help........which they did NOT.
Who cares if he went to LA or did not go to LA. It makes no difference. All he has to do is give an order anyway. He should not have to go anywhere. If he does, it is only to appease some touchy feely sissy types in order to get a good photo op.
As being a President, he should be there for his fellow citizens. That's his job. Don't you tell me he should not be here or there. It's because he should and he must. If he shouldn't or couldn't or musn't, then resign and let somebody else does the job, somebody who cares enough to be there for the people who needs him.
And that's what he did. He went there for a the photo shoots and shaking hands. If he didn't go there for those, where was he when it happened? We all know he has private jets that could take him anywhere in a second. Where was he? Where was he? And again, where was he? In a golf course? In Iraq? In his office thinking of whether he should take a vacation this year or not? Or what? And when the news came, he responded like he did when 9/11 happened, "hmmmm... which bas*** should I blame on now? Which one should I blame to make me look not that bad? Well, this is a natural cause, so I'd better think of something fast. Oh yeah, the levee. Why didn't I think of that..." blah blah blah and there we go, it took him days to figure it out.

danyet wrote:So, lets face it. You just want to whine about Bush.......again!
Yes, because he's a lousy President; therefore, he should be criticized. Whatever he does will be criticirzed, anyway. That's a part of his frigging job. He's not Almightly King that no one can criticize him, don't you forget that :x .
I will not stop complaining until he does his jobs right before his term ends. I go to work; I pay the taxes. Thus, I've got my rights to complain. Right now, I'm a blue collar, and did you know the tax rate of Alameda county, where I live, is the highest tax rate in the whole nation. Yeah, thanks to one of your Republican men, Arnold blah blah blah, whatever his last name is :roll: . He can't even say California right, and he knows nothing about politics, but he still wanted to be in office anyway. I wonder how people who voted for him sleep at night. They're Californians, but they, themselves have f***ing up California.
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

It is a real catastrophe………….. I feel sorry for those who lost their beloved ones and for those who lost their houses.
I pray to God to help them in these difficult times…….
My sincere condolence to all of you……….Americans……….
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

danyet wrote:
LennyeTran wrote: This is Bush Administration for you :x . It took him three frigging days to get there, and all he did was hugging some kids. Where was he when their houses got destroyed? Now he came to hug them to show he "cares" since they were all clean and stuff. This is bs... I wonder how people who voted for Bush sleep at night. They gave their rights to the devil :x .
Woh there baby! Do you have any idea how USA works? Bush had no responsibility in this except that he could have gone on TV and reinforced what LA's government already said, Ëvacuate". This is a states right issue and the Feds have no part in giving evacuation orders or getting transport for anyone unless the state asks for help........which they did NOT.

So, lets face it. You just want to whine about Bush.......again!
How dare they ask for helps from MR. PRISEDENT :!: :!: :arrow: :arrow: ……………It's all LA state's fault :arrow: :arrow: ………….
:arrow: Maybe if somebody told Mr. President that this was in Iraq, he would be running to it with all the help he got ..........barefoot………………..
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Miss. Ladybird wrote: How dare they ask for helps from MR. PRISEDENT :!: :!: :arrow: :arrow: ……………It's all LA state's fault :arrow: :arrow: ………….
:arrow:
:? Are you joking or being serious? Either way, it's a bit shock to see something like this :roll: . Since it's their fault, they can't ask for help??!??!?!?!?!?! Beside, even if they didn't, it was Bush's job to help. He's the President; something big like this happened in the US is supposed to be his job. However, here our Danyet said,"the Feds have no part in giving evacuation orders or getting transport for anyone unless the state asks for help;" I didn't wanna go there, for it's completely nonsense in my opinion. When the catastrophe happened, everyone wanted to help. It doesn't matter where one lives, who that person is and how much one has, we all wanted to help; we all wanted to give out whatever we could to save helpless souls. But here he says the Feds didn't have to interfere with the State such as giving transportation, help to save the innocent people, etc. because it wasn't their job. Ha, I wonder whether I should cry or cuss. It's just because they were busy saving their own lives, crying for help in individuals; therefore, those Feds should stand around waiting to be offically asked??!?!???!?! Wtf is this nonsense????? :roll:
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

George Bush and the federal government are not to blame for the disaster we have witnessed in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
In fact, the primary responsibility for the disaster response lies with New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco and other local officials.
Yet leading Democrats and their allies in the major media are clearly using this disaster for political purposes and ignoring one obvious fact.
This fact – which needs to be repeated and remembered – is that in our country, state and local governments have primary responsibility in dealing with local disasters.
The founding fathers devised a federal system of government – one that has served us remarkably well through great disasters that have befallen America over more than two centuries.

But if we believe the major TV networks, George Bush, FEMA and the Republicans in Congress are all to blame for the current nightmare.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/article ... 1327.shtml
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

LennyeTran wrote:
Miss. Ladybird wrote: How dare they ask for helps from MR. PRISEDENT :!: :!: :arrow: :arrow: ……………It's all LA state's fault :arrow: :arrow: ………….
:arrow:
:? Are you joking or being serious? Either way, it's a bit shock to see something like this :roll: l
If you followed the arrows, you would know that I was just being sarcastic about what Danyet said……………

I'm not American, but I understand that every president is responsible for taking the decisions………. In good times and bad.
I really can't understand why didn't Bush act faster to what happened in his own country ……….. He's always the first one to "ACT" when it comes to the Middle East………….

That's what I meant………… I apologies if my sarcastic post hurt you in any way………………..
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Miss. Ladybird wrote: I'm not American, but I understand that every president is responsible for taking the decisions………. In good times and bad.
I really can't understand why didn't Bush act faster to what happened in his own country .
Do you really have any idea of what you are talking about? What, exactly was Bush supposed to do faster? Name one thing that he should have done. Should he have gone on TV immediately and told all Americans how he "feels their pain"? Hmm??

Should he have simply told that hurricane to "go Away hurricane we don't want to get wet"? Use your brain here, what should he have done. He was 1000's of miles away from LA at the time. The people who could have done something were the people already there and already in charge of this situation. The LA governor.

She should have called out the National guard earlier. That is what they are for.They are the LA state's. And she is the one who has the authority to call them out. Not Bush!!!! Go read a book on US constitution.

If you want to blame Bush the only shot you have is to blame him for the budget cuts that prevented the levies from being built to be adequate enough to withstand this storm. That, I may go along with but I am not sure on those facts yet.

Lastly. If you want to put blame somewhere why don't you blame the people stupid enough to build a city next to the ocean, where hurricanes come in regularly, on a swamp, that is 17 feet below sea level.!!!!

PS GO Bush!!KIll a few demented sicko terrorists for me while your in Iraq!!!!WooHoo!!
ProfessorVerb
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ProfessorVerb »

I was born in New Orleans, but moved away at an early age. We have been back for a visit since, but that was several years ago. Notwithstanding the foregoing commentary, I would like to thank our international friends for their support in providing aid and assistance during this disaster. We live in neighboring Oklahoma, and even though this state is not doing as much as Texas and others, we are trying to assist our share of evacuees here as well. Even Sri Lanka, India and Mexico have donated assistance, and the television scenes of Mexican trucks filled with fresh water, three field kitchens and thousands and thousands of ration packs was a humbling and gratifying experience for millions of Americans.

Who did what and when will come out in hearings and investigation over the coming months; what will be remembered for a longer time, though, is how people and organizations performed during the immediate aftermath -- and now. Hooray for Texas and many thanks to our friends abroad. We should recall the words of (to be Sir) Winston Churchill in response to the Nazi blitz: "Let it roar and let it rage, we shall come through."
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

ProfessorVerb wrote:I was born in New Orleans, but moved away at an early age. We have been back for a visit since, but that was several years ago. Notwithstanding the foregoing commentary, I would like to thank our international friends for their support in providing aid and assistance during this disaster. We live in neighboring Oklahoma, and even though this state is not doing as much as Texas and others, we are trying to assist our share of evacuees here as well. Even Sri Lanka, India and Mexico have donated assistance, and the television scenes of Mexican trucks filled with fresh water, three field kitchens and thousands and thousands of ration packs was a humbling and gratifying experience for millions of Americans.

Who did what and when will come out in hearings and investigation over the coming months; what will be remembered for a longer time, though, is how people and organizations performed during the immediate aftermath -- and now. Hooray for Texas and many thanks to our friends abroad. We should recall the words of (to be Sir) Winston Churchill in response to the Nazi blitz: "Let it roar and let it rage, we shall come through."
I have heard that investigations have begun in the US to determine why this rescue effort was a disaster (at a political level). I will wait for the results before drawing any conclusions. There has been much conflicting media on the events leading up to and during the disaster. Some reports say that Mr. Bush was informed well before the disaster of the suspected damage it would cause etc. But as I said I will wait for the reports. All I know is regardless of the geography of this state, it is such a tragedy.

My heart goes out to the people of New Orleans. I know that my Country has sent money and assistance; and I'm sure we will continue to do so. :cry: :cry: :(
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

danyet wrote:Do you really have any idea of what you are talking about? What, exactly was Bush supposed to do faster? Name one thing that he should have done. Should he have gone on TV immediately and told all Americans how he "feels their pain"? Hmm??

Should he have simply told that hurricane to "go Away hurricane we don't want to get wet"? Use your brain here,
Hmmm!!! What would the Americans get if I used my brain……..shouldn't your president use his :!: :?: :!:
danyet wrote:The people who could have done something were the people already there and already in charge of this situation. The LA governor.

She should have called out the National guard earlier. That is what they are for.They are the LA state's. And she is the one who has the authority to call them out. Not Bush!!!! Go read a book on US constitution.
Eariler?!!! Do you mean that according to the US constitution, the LA governor was supposed to call out the National guard before the beginning of the whole thing………….. :roll: :roll: :roll:
danyet wrote:PS GO Bush!!KIll a few demented sicko terrorists for me while your in Iraq!!!!WooHoo!!
You mean like those:
http://www.arab7.com/up/file/1126649041575.jpg

You know something………….I would like to give you a "line" that your "Mr. President" can use in his next campaign…..
Let's KILL(in Iraq) and Let Kill ( in America)……………
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Miss. Ladybird wrote: You mean like those:
http://www.arab7.com/up/file/1126649041575.jpg
Why? Have those kids been brainwashed already into being suicide bombers or to throw hand grenades, by their terrorist parents??

I'll tell you what. If you agree to keep your opinions about Iraq out of this Hurricane Thread, then so will I.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Controversy: "Bush doesn't care about black people."
"On September 2, 2005, during a benefit concert for Hurricane Katrina relief on NBC, Kanye West deviated from the prepared script and claimed that the National Guardsmen dispatched to New Orleans were under orders to shoot looters, criticizing the government's response to the crisis and alleging racism in the media. West stated, "I hate the way they portray us in the media - If you see a black family, it says they're looting, [If] you see a white family, it says they're looking for food." While allowing that "the Red Cross is doing everything they can," West declared that government authorities are intentionally dragging their feet on aid to the Gulf Coast. He even said that "They've given them permission to go down and shoot us." [2]. West concluded his remarks with, "George Bush doesn't care about black people". Although the camera quickly cut away, West's comments still reached the US East Coast in the live news-feed, but were censored by the network when the concert was re-broadcast on the West Coast three hours later." (copied from wikipedia)

Do you know who said that? It's Kayne West, a rapper in the United States, and do you know why only the Republicans and his only family get all jumped up and down by this line? And why his wife started to hug and kiss black children during this Katrina while she had a chance to do this the other times, but she didn't?? It's because this line is true. Geogre Bush does not care about black people. Then he dared to come with his clean suits and started making photo shoots while people were still drowning there. If he didn't come there the first day, don't come at all. If he didn't come at all, he knew people would literally throw eggs at his face whenever they saw him; therefore, he came to show that he cared. But did he really care? Hell no. He came there to calm down the anger of Americans. And please, I dare you, Danyet, to tell me that he did care about black people. :lol: and sure, :roll: <--- those are the faces you would see if you actually wrote that.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

danyet wrote: Should he have gone on TV immediately and told all Americans how he "feels their pain"? Hmm??!!
A notification that he was informed about the situation, and he would try as much as possible to save those lives on TV would ease their pain. He's a liar, so I don't think it was hard at all for him to say those lines, but he didn't say them. It's not because he's a good guy or whatever; it's because he was not around or didn't care enough to pay much attention to the subject. If he cared, where was he when it happened? Well, you haven't answer this question of mine yet. Ha, it's because you, yourself, don't know it and neither do American people. He pleaded to tell where he was. Peoplle normally plead the Fifth when they have something to hide.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

LennyeTran wrote: And please, I dare you, Danyet, to tell me that he did care about black people. :lol: and sure, :roll: <--- those are the faces you would see if you actually wrote that.
Firstly West must just be some retard. I've never even heard of him before this. So what he thinks is really irrelavant now, is not it?

Second: I don't know or care what Bush thinks about black people or anyone else for that matter. What he thinks about them is also irrelavant since he is not responsible for the hurricane hitting New Orleans in the first place.
While you people are busy finding fault in Bush and republicans the powers that really control and shape our world are apolitical and are running amuck.

Third:
LennyeTran wrote: - those are the faces you would see if you actually wrote that.
What in the blazes are you talking about?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

First of all, you still have not answer my question of where he was about. Second of all, you don't care who that rapper was or what he said because he didn't say anything about you. Let's face it honey, you're nobody. So, nobody really cares what you think or act, truthfully. Third of all, what that rapper said represented what some Americans think. Why are there people who happen to agree with him? It's because he's spoken out the truth, and he's had a chance to speak out what they wanted to say about Bush.Fourth of all, what he thinks or cares about black people is a matter of the fact. It's because it shows why he was slow in respon. Would you do something to someone you don't give a d*** about? Would you? Don't tell you you would because it'd be a lie and you know it would be. Therefore, please make some sense here, for you're getting nonsense and nonsense by the minute. I thought you were a person who happened to do his research and have good viewpoints, but apparently I was wrong. How disappointing! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

I did not know that any one was interested in where Bush was when the hurricane hit, so how would I know where he was? I don't care and niether should you.

So now they say he was absent? What a joke! It doesn't even matter, except to the overly sensitive foo foo types, for whom I have little sympathy.

This is getting more silly daily. Before the age of television none of this would have mattered. Now the American people have become so feminized and weak that they need to see a talking head and expect their Presidents to be overcome with emotion and offer heartfelt empathetic condolences at every opportunity. If that is your idea of a good leader then I'll bet that you are still waiting for the tooth fairy.

Where are the men in this country? The people who are willing to stand on their own. Who take responsibility for their own actions.

There was a time and a place where an overly sensitive leader would have been laughed out of town.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

danyet wrote:I did not know that any one was interested in where Bush was when the hurricane hit, so how would I know where he was? I don't care and niether should you.

So now they say he was absent? What a joke! It doesn't even matter, except to the overly sensitive foo foo types, for whom I have little sympathy.

This is getting more silly daily. Before the age of television none of this would have mattered. Now the American people have become so feminized and weak that they need to see a talking head and expect their Presidents to be overcome with emotion and offer heartfelt empathetic condolences at every opportunity. If that is your idea of a good leader then I'll bet that you are still waiting for the tooth fairy.

Where are the men in this country? The people who are willing to stand on their own. Who take responsibility for their own actions.

There was a time and a place where an overly sensitive leader would have been laughed out of town.
I don't agree with your response to what americans require on a media level in this instance!

I think the American people needed to see Bush take control of the situation; that is all. I don't think they feel that he did.

I do agree that it is irrelevant where he was or what he thinks (on a personal level). However, he has a duty to the WHOLE of the American population to be in control of situations such as these. It appears that he wasn't. Who knows who should of being do what etc. But any boss in charge of a large company should know at all times what his employees are doing; and making sure that they are actually doing it! :roll:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

danyet wrote: I did not know that any one was interested in where Bush was when the hurricane hit, so how would I know where he was? I don't care and niether should you.

Let me remind you that he IS the President of the United States. When a crisis happens to it, he should be there. Even if he was at somewhere thousand miles ago, he should get back to the States and respond immediately. That's how a leader should do when something happens to his or her country. It's his or her responsibility in a part of his or her job-- to be a part of the disaster, listen to the cries of the citizens, do anything in his or her power to help the victims, etc. We don't put them in office just to tell us where and when we need to go to war; we put them there because they also promised to bring us safety, security, better healthcare, better education, better housings, and so on. Thus, he did vow to give Americans those things before stepping into office. If he did vow those, he should make those happen. Why? Again, it's because it's his job. HIS JOB.
danyet wrote:This is getting more silly daily. Before the age of television none of this would have mattered. Now the American people have become so feminized and weak that they need to see a talking head and expect their Presidents to be overcome with emotion and offer heartfelt empathetic condolences at every opportunity. If that is your idea of a good leader then I'll bet that you are still waiting for the tooth fairy.
Maybe you're the only one who can't see whom you should put your trust on. If you can't even put your trust on your President during a disaster, I wonder why you wanted to put him in his office? To kill thousands of people in a land you might never actually be there? And by the way, how much is your gas at where you live? At my place, it is 3 dollars per gallon now. Wow, I am so missing the time when it was only a dollar something.
Anyway, back to the topic, if a President can't give you the feeling that he cares or he is sympathetic of your situation, why do you even need him there for? Where is the safety, security, better in this area, that area that he vowed when he entered his office? He did make vows that security and safety were his top priorities. However, since the disaster happened in a state where blacks were majority; he happened to be busy to respond or care enough to be there. Then he appeared late to calm down the angers, and his wife was going around hugging and kissing the black children. Ha, she got all year to do that, but she waited until some rapper said her husband didn't care enough about black people. She hugged them to show that her husband did care. Why did she do that for? It was for her husband's publicity image, and to answer the question of Americans who were wondering whether he cared or not. But in your words, why we should care about what he cares. Well, was that rapper or people talking about his cares in general? No, they were talking about his cares to the American people. Aren't black people American people? We don't frigging care if he cares about his golf days, meals, etc. We care about how he cares about American people. Telling that Bush does care about black people is like Clinton telling Americans he was innoncent in Monica Lewinsky's case :lol: . Yeah, it's funny because it's a lie.
Anyway, if you couldn't see a distinction between those cares, then it'd be no point talking. Well, you can't, so it's no point talking.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

In Australia last night an Oprah Winfrey (on the ground) special was shown. She took several semi trailers full of essential items to the area and went to see for herself (first hand) what she could do to help. Other celebrities including; Julia Roberts, Chris Rock, John Travolta, Kelly Preston and Matthew McConaghy also went to the area with $1m dollars in aid parcels (food, nappies, water, canned food etc).

My goodness if ordinary people can give this sort of help to their own what is wrong with the Government.

There were some shocking accounts made to Oprah's team of journalists, about what went on in that Superdome. The local authorities could not deal with it as they were out numbered.

Alot of locals chose to wonder the streets as they did not want their children in there (what sort of refuge is that)?

I hope everyone gets a chance to see this documentary it might open a few peoples eyes. :cry: :(

I would find it impossible for anyone to defend the Bush administration after this appalling display.
louvicine

Post by louvicine »

Hi I´m new here. Í don´t know how you will take my point of view, on the other hand I know only what the news say.
I don´t know who have the big responsability to don´t give mantention to the walls that protect the city, but I was wondering Why police didn´t permit people to let the city. It seems as if they wanted all black people died...
Another opinión. The USA government and all that people who hate latinamericans and mexicans, must to put the face under the floor because mexico is the first country that help them.
That was a terrible joke from USA president.
Louvicine D´amour
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

louvicine wrote:Hi I´m new here. Í don´t know how you will take my point of view, on the other hand I know only what the news say.
I don´t know who have the big responsability to don´t give mantention to the walls that protect the city, but I was wondering Why police didn´t permit people to let the city. It seems as if they wanted all black people died...
Another opinión. The USA government and all that people who hate latinamericans and mexicans, must to put the face under the floor because mexico is the first country that help them.
That was a terrible joke from USA president.
Hi and Welcome! :D Your viewpoint is always accepted on these forums everyone has an opinion and we should all share them whether we agree or not is the whole point.

I think the whole thing is a disgrace to the US Administration; but I'm really impressed with the US citizens they have stuck together and shown such humanity. So that is a good thing. 8)
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

I don't follow the news that much but from what I see, it seems the US has faced a bit of criticism. I'm very disappointed with the government and people. It's been said over and over again that the United States is a civilized country that is more developed than many parts of the world. However, how civilized is a country when people take advantage of others in dire situations? The looting and raping that occurred in New Orleans showed just how civilized the United States really are. I can't recall something of that caliber happening throughout Southeast Asia when the tsunamis struck.

I might sound bitter but superiority (or what they think is superiority) has a price and is often placed under the microscope.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Unknownsu wrote:I don't follow the news that much but from what I see, it seems the US has faced a bit of criticism. I'm very disappointed with the government and people. It's been said over and over again that the United States is a civilized country that is more developed than many parts of the world. However, how civilized is a country when people take advantage of others in dire situations? The looting and raping that occurred in New Orleans showed just how civilized the United States really are. I can't recall something of that caliber happening throughout Southeast Asia when the tsunamis struck.

I might sound bitter but superiority (or what they think is superiority) has a price and is often placed under the microscope.
Are you going to base your opinion on Americans over what a few thousand Black people did?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Unknownsu wrote: The looting and raping that occurred in New Orleans showed just how civilized the United States really are. I can't recall something of that caliber happening throughout Southeast Asia when the tsunamis struck.
I don't know about the other part, but looting... Would you loot if you were left to be on your own for days without much food and water? When Tsunami happened, the world was right there with those people. It was on the news like in a second and those people got helped right away, don't forget that.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

danyet wrote:
Are you going to base your opinion on Americans over what a few thousand Black people did?
White people were looting, too, you know. Or you're calling them looking for food and water in this case? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

No they weren't, unless you think that the handful of Whites left in town are worth metioning compared to overwhelming majority of Blacks that were acting out of control. Why don;t you find out what the few white people are saying, that were stuck in the astrodome. Ask them who they were afraid of. It was not other White people. They will tell you who was roving around looking for rape victims. It was not white gangs who had come into town with boats and weapons and looted all the jewelery stores. They had more weapons than the police.
The police dept. had only one boat. Facts are facts and you should not be afraid to tell the truth. Maybe you don't hear ALL the facts on your local news. Try reading the Australian papers and the accounts given by Aussies who were there.
There appears to be something seriously wrong with Black culture in America and it needs to be addressed. And don't try to tell me it is because they are poor. The Blacks were much poorer 60 years ago but their neighborhoods were safer with less crime back then than they are now.

AS far as looting goes I don't think that anyone is calling those who took food for survival looters. The police that i have heard have said that they were only interested in people who where stealing valuables. Most of the real looting has not really been covered in the media. There was organized looting by gangs and many shootouts with police.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
Unknownsu wrote: The looting and raping that occurred in New Orleans showed just how civilized the United States really are. I can't recall something of that caliber happening throughout Southeast Asia when the tsunamis struck.
I don't know about the other part, but looting... Would you loot if you were left to be on your own for days without much food and water? When Tsunami happened, the world was right there with those people. It was on the news like in a second and those people got helped right away, don't forget that.
The difference here Lenny is that other countries were asked to help and invited in immediately. Take it from me my country would have been in New Orleans in 1 day if they were allowed to. The Government in the US would not allow outside countries in to help! It is unreasonable in my opinion. Most countries would have loved to help the USA in this situation as they have done in the past for some countries in trouble. Why shut everyone out. I think they were negligent in the decision making process! :(
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote: The difference here Lenny is that other countries were asked to help and invited in immediately. Take it from me my country would have been in New Orleans in 1 day if they were allowed to. The Government in the US would not allow outside countries in to help! It is unreasonable in my opinion. Most countries would have loved to help the USA in this situation as they have done in the past for some countries in trouble. Why shut everyone out. I think they were negligent in the decision making process! :(
Exactly! That's why the blame should be on Bush Administration.
And Danyet, I'll get to you on the weekend. I don't have time right now to post long message.
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

danyet wrote:There appears to be something seriously wrong with Black culture in America and it needs to be addressed. And don't try to tell me it is because they are poor. The Blacks were much poorer 60 years ago but their neighborhoods were safer with less crime back then than they are now.
Danyet, you are right, I should not judge an entire country based on a few (or should I say a few hundred) individuals. People should be judged on an individual basis. However, it seems you are being a hypocrite because you are doing the same.
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

LennyeTran wrote: I don't know about the other part, but looting... Would you loot if you were left to be on your own for days without much food and water? When Tsunami happened, the world was right there with those people. It was on the news like in a second and those people got helped right away, don't forget that.
Looting for daily essentials is not actually considered. I was talking about the people who broke into houses for personal wealth. Rape, gang violence and shootouts were also prevalent.

Tsunami victims got help right away? Maybe. Some. But the initial help was peanuts compared to the magnitude of the diaster. I agree with you, the Bush administration is partly to blame. If Bush really leads the internal investigations, there's no point for anyone to wait for the results. It's like asking Clinton to investigate the Lewinsky scandal.

The aftermath of Katrina would have been easier to endure if Bush did allow foreign aid. I know Canada responded immediately but had to wait for American approval which was delayed.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Unknownsu wrote:
danyet wrote:There appears to be something seriously wrong with Black culture in America and it needs to be addressed. And don't try to tell me it is because they are poor. The Blacks were much poorer 60 years ago but their neighborhoods were safer with less crime back then than they are now.
Danyet, you are right, I should not judge an entire country based on a few (or should I say a few hundred) individuals. People should be judged on an individual basis. However, it seems you are being a hypocrite because you are doing the same.
I am not saying anything different that some Black spokesmen themselves have already said such as the Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson.
Read this:
http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46440
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

danyet wrote: I am not saying anything different that some Black spokesmen themselves have already said such as the Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson.
Read this:
http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46440
Funny, this is the same person who spoke about this guy in other topic,

"Rev. Jesse Jackson is a controversial figure in the USA. He does not speak for all Blacks. Many Americans of African herritage think that he has done a disservice to the Minority cause in America on countless issues. He, for a Reverand, has shown himself to be hypocritical in his personal life especially in the treatment of his own wife. He is not a good role model for the people he professes to stand for. Personally I think that he just like to be a "celebrity"."

Now you're taking his words or posting his words? What really is your intention behind all this, huh? I'm sensing something fishy here.