EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

How can terrorist attacks be prevented in the future?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby leen@rasel » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:39 pm

i don't know what do you want me to say but i think that you understand what i mean ....i don't have to say more , i don't want to give examples because i don't want to get myself into troubles...
leen@rasel
Gold Member

Postby Shazzam » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:02 pm

leen__rasel wrote:i don't know what do you want me to say but i think that you understand what i mean ....i don't have to say more , i don't want to give examples because i don't want to get myself into troubles...

I see what you are saying and I do agree with it in the most part. I think Governments have to get involved in human right issues; but shouldn't intefere in how other Countries govern unless they are expressly ASKED to.

It is common sense; you don't go out and push people around you wait until they ask you for help, or you will be seen as a busybody!

We are all aware that alot of decisions that have been made in the past have had nothing to do with human rights or protection; they have been more about acquiring land or minerals. :(
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby sunnyni » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:32 am

There are many reasons for the existence of terrorist.
we have to find it.Such as the unfair distribute of the fortune, the corruption of the goverment, original resource is pockety and so on. Maybe we have to do something to help each other, not just by weapon. If we always solve such problem by force, but ignore the exist problem, maybe there will be more and more terrorist.
sunnyni

Postby Danyet » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:24 pm

LennyeTran wrote: Only UN didn't turn their backs; they helped those poor people :cry: :cry: :cry: .
You are mistaken about that. The UN pulled their troops out of Rwanda even though the local commander proteseted. That'a when the slaughter began.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby MissLT » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:05 am

danyet wrote:
LennyeTran wrote: Only UN didn't turn their backs; they helped those poor people :cry: :cry: :cry: .
You are mistaken about that. The UN pulled their troops out of Rwanda even though the local commander proteseted. That'a when the slaughter began.

The UN couldn't borrow troops from the countries they asked for. Belgium was involved, but many soldiers were killed; therefore, they pulled their troops out of Rwanda. Check the facts at PBS website or you can check the documentary DVD Ghosts of Rwanda.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Danyet » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:38 am

There was a good movie about one man's survival through the Rwanda ordeal if anyone is interested. It is called Hotel Rwanda.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Rui » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:02 pm

Mohammad Sidique Khan said:
"I am going to keep this short and to the point, because it's all been said before by far more eloquent people than me.

"But our words have no impact upon you, therefore I'm going to talk to you in a language that you understand. Our words are dead until we give them life with our blood.

"I'm sure by now the media has painted a suitable picture of me, this predictable propaganda machine will naturally try to put a spin on it to suit the government and to scare the masses into conforming to their power- and wealth-obsessed agendas.
"I and thousands like me are forsaking everything for what we believe. Our driving motivation doesn't come from tangible commodities that this world has to offer. Our religion is Islam, obedience to the one true God, Allah and follow in the footsteps of the final prophet and messenger Muhammad.
"This is how our ethical stances are dictated. Your democratically elected governments perpetuate atrocities against my people and your support of them makes you responsible, just as I am directly responsible for protecting and avenging my Muslim brothers and sisters.

"Until we feel security, you'll be our target. Until you stop the bombing, gassing, imprisonment and torture of my people, we'll not stop this fight. We are at war and I am a soldier. Now you too will taste the reality of this situation."

This is the text that one of the terrorists left to us, of course this seen from his eyes, i don't know if this have some importance but i thought it could be a good element to the conversation about what they think when they are preparing one attack, it's terrible and is difficult to understand what we can do to stop them :(
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby Danyet » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:02 pm

The answer is very simple but no one is willing to risk their political carreer to stop terrorists on Western shores. Terrorists power comes from their religion. This can be done because their religion is political and goes against the moral values and laws already established in Western countries such as their views on polygamy. We must outlaw their religion and bannish it from the shores of our Western countries.

Those of you who are not willing to do that are your own worst enemies because you invite terrorism into your homes.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby MissLT » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:56 pm

danyet wrote:There was a good movie about one man's survival through the Rwanda ordeal if anyone is interested. It is called Hotel Rwanda.

A documentary film-- a collection of all facts and interviews of people who have happened to be in certain situation, which the film is trying to bring out.
A movie about a fact-- a view of the producer through his own lens about the facts, people, etc.
Hmmm... I wonder which one is more reliable??!?!?!?!?!? :roll: :roll:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby natsu0713 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:17 am

I think this is a difficult question to answer. Terrorism has existed for a long time. If there is indeed an effective way to slove this problem peacefully, then that person who find out that way should deserve a Nobel Peace Prize.

What I can think up is only crazy ideas. The first one is to catch all of the terrorists and send them to outer space or put them on an island and use an atom bomb to kill them. Thus, they will disappear from the earth. However, what is the difference between this way and terrorist attacks?

Another crazy idea is to hypnotize the terrorists. By telling them that it is not right to do inhuman behaviors to other people.

Well... those are my ideas about how to prevent terrorist attacks in the future.
natsu0713

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion