EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

books ain't worth readin

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Dixie » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:27 pm

serenella wrote:And what about Joyce's Ulysses?
I like it very much, it's a great work, but many people list it among boring books...

Wanted to mention it but I forgot :D That's one of the hardest books to read!
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby illusion » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:01 pm

Dixie wrote:
serenella wrote:'Heart of Darkness' by Joseph Conrad.

I had to read it in college, and couldn't finish it. I found it soooooooooo dead boring!

Right now I am reading a book called The villa of mysteries, by David Hewson (had never heard about him before). I started reading the book eagerly, but it has disappointed me. I am trying to finish it because there are just about 90 pages left but it's becoming such a hard task! I find that book so boring... I am forcing myself to read, and that's not good, but I just want to finish it.

Oh, other novels I couldn't finish was Price and Prejudice by Jane Austen and master Dickens's Great Expectations :!: :!: I am really embarrassed to recognize that, but I found them boring as well :roll: I guess I should re-start them again and with more passion, it's so sad for an English philologist not to like those great English classics :roll:

hehehe yeah Dixie, shame on you! :P In fact Great Expectations were sheer boredom but Pride and prejudice I enjoyed very much if not very very very much especially Mr. Darcy.... ahhhhhhhhhhh he was yummy :)
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:27 am

illusion wrote:hehehe yeah Dixie, shame on you! :P In fact Great Expectations were sheer boredom but Pride and prejudice I enjoyed very much if not very very very much especially Mr. Darcy.... ahhhhhhhhhhh he was yummy :)

Yes, I will start it anew and enjoy it. I know such a popular and well-known novel cannot be that dull, it's my fault.
Dixie

Postby Pixie » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:49 pm

" L'écume des jours ". Unenjoyable reading, unattractive book, bullshits again and again. Pointless story, shi* characters. To sum up, shi* book.
Pixie

Previous

Return to Books & Authors