EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

from friend to love!!

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

from friend to love!!

Postby phucauto3 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:03 am

Do you think that It's very difficlut to transform a close friendship into love. And vice verse, It's difficult too to translate a love in to friendship!!
phucauto3
Gold Member

Postby leen@rasel » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:53 pm

actually i didn't experience such situations but i believe that changing a friendship to love or vice versa are both difficult ,well sometimes when things don'n work uot between agirl and a boy and they break up in a very respectful and peaceful way they become friends naturally since they know each other and respect each other but making relationship to love i think from the beginning they were in love with each other but the feelings were misunderstood...and i think this case maybe rare :roll:
leen@rasel
Gold Member

Re: from friend to love!!

Postby pob » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:26 pm

phucauto3 wrote:Do you think that It's very difficlut to transform a close friendship into love. And vice verse, It's difficult too to translate a love in to friendship!!

For me friendship and love is the same.... 8)

So I talk only about love... and for me love is thinking about the other person in a way that you try to achieve things that will only be good for that person... and that means not working to achieve your wishes, it means working to achieve what is good for the person you love... and not what is good for your ego...

Do you mean love a relationship with sex ? :P
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
pob
Silver Member

Postby Ika » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:39 pm

Friendship can grow into love, but it hardly ever happens the other way. "Want to lose a friend? Fall in love with him. " Sad, but true.

But! There are always exceptions. Luckily. But exceptions don't happen often.
"To know nothing is bad, to learn nothing is worse."
Ika
Silver Member

Postby serenella » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:38 pm

I think friendship is the basis of love, I mean the person I love has to be my best friend too.
On the contrary, moving from love to friendship is very very hard.
serenella
Gold Member

Postby pob » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:12 pm

Ika wrote:1-Friendship can grow into love, but it hardly ever happens the other way.

2-"Want to lose a friend? Fall in love with him. " Sad, but true.

3-But! There are always exceptions. Luckily. But exceptions don't happen often.

1- I don't know why do you see diferent... do you mean a realationship with sex when you write "love" ?

2- It's not the same loving someone than being in love... Being in love is a sickness, you don't see reality, you only see what do you wish to happen, you see the other person as you wish he/she to be... That's not love!!! it includes the word love, but it's a really different thing.

3- He, he... just the definition of the word :wink:
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
pob
Silver Member

Postby phucauto3 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:45 pm

friendship can determine easily But love..
many times, you want have sex relation with a person,even the stranger. It isn't love..
when I was at high school, in my class, there were some couple,
but when they split up, they haven't been friend now... :cry: :oops:
phucauto3
Gold Member

Postby quicksilver » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:53 am

serenella wrote:I think friendship is the basis of love, I mean the person I love has to be my best friend too.
On the contrary, moving from love to friendship is very very hard.

I totaly agree with u .
This is extremely confusing situation.
I think ur close friend can be ur lover , but ur lover may not ur close friend.
quicksilver
Gold Member

Postby phucauto3 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:34 pm

I agree with you quicksilver, but If I were them, I would try to keep friendship as well as possible.. :lol: :P
phucauto3
Gold Member

Re: from friend to love!!

Postby kira » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:03 am

pob wrote:
phucauto3 wrote:Do you think that It's very difficlut to transform a close friendship into love. And vice verse, It's difficult too to translate a love in to friendship!!

For me friendship and love is the same.... 8)

So I talk only about love... and for me love is thinking about the other person in a way that you try to achieve things that will only be good for that person... and that means not working to achieve your wishes, it means working to achieve what is good for the person you love... and not what is good for your ego...

Do you mean love a relationship with sex ? :P

I think that love is to love each other.
I think that friendship is to trust each other.
You should not have a relation with sex without love.
I think that friendship has no sex.
so,I think that friendship and love is not the same. :!:
kira

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions