Why does this news go unreported?

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Why does this news go unreported?

Post by Danyet »

A sustained assault on Arab Christians has led to their fleeing the birthplace of Christianity. The likely result will be reduced to empty church buildings and a congregation-less hierarchy with no flock

What some observers are calling a pogrom took place near Ramallah, West Bank, on the night of Sep. 3-4. That's when fifteen Muslim youths from one village, Dair Jarir, rampaged against Taybeh, a neighboring all-Christian village of 1,500 people.

The reason for the assault? A Muslim woman from Dair Jarir, Hiyam Ajaj, 23, fell in love with her Christian boss, Mehdi Khouriyye, owner of a tailor shop in Taybeh. The couple maintained a clandestine two-year affair and she became pregnant in about March 2005. When her family learned of her condition, it murdered her. That was on about Sep. 1; unsatisfied even with this "honor killing" — for Islamic law strictly forbids non-Muslim males to have sexual relations with Muslim females — the Ajaj men sought vengeance against Khouriyye and his family.

They took it two days later in an assault on Taybeh. The Ajajs and their friends broke into houses and stole furniture, jewelry, and electrical appliances. They threw Molotov cocktails at some buildings and poured kerosene on others, then torched them. The damage included at least 16 houses, some stores, a farm, and a gas station. The assailants vandalized cars, looted extensively, and destroyed a statue of the Virgin Mary.

"It was like a war," one Taybeh resident told The Jerusalem Post. Hours passed before the Palestinian Authority security and fire services arrived. The fifteen assailants spent only a few hours in police detention, then were released. As for Khouriyye, the Palestinian police arrested him, kept him jail, and (his family says) have repeatedly beat him.

As the news service Adnkronos International notes, for Palestinian Christians "the fact that the Muslim aggressors have been released while the Christian tailor-shop owner is still being held, at best symbolizes the PA's indifference to the plight of Palestinian Christians, at worst shows it is taking sides against them."

A cousin, Suleiman Khouriyye, pointed to his burned house. "They did this because we're Christians. They did this because we are the weaker ones." The Khouriyyes and others recall the assailants shouting Allahu Akbar and anti-Christian slogans: "Burn the infidels, burn the Crusaders." To which, an unrepentant cousin of Hiyam Ajaj replied, "We burned their houses because they dishonored our family, not because they are Christians."

This assault fits a larger pattern. According to the Catholic Custodian of the Holy Land, Pierbattista Pizzaballa, Christians in the Bethlehem region alone have suffered 93 cases of injustice in 2000-04. In the worst of these, in 2002, Muslims murdered the two Amre sisters, 17 and 19 years old, whom they called prostitutes. A post-mortem, however, showed the teenagers to have been virgins — and to have been tortured on their genitals.

"Almost every day — I repeat, almost every day — our communities are harassed by the Islamic extremists in these regions," Pizzaballa says. "And if it's not the members of Hamas or Islamic Jihad, there are clashes with … the Palestinian Authority." In addition to the Islamists, a "Muslim land mafia" is said to operate. With PA complicity. it threatens Christian land and house owners, often succeeding to compel them to abandon their properties.

The campaign of persecution has succeeded. Even as the Christian population of Israel grows, that of the Palestinian Authority shrinks precipitously. Bethlehem and Nazareth, historic Christian towns for nearly two millennia, are now primarily Muslim. In 1922, Christians outnumbered Muslims in Jerusalem; today, Christians amount to a mere 2 percent of that city's population.

"Is Christian life liable to be reduced to empty church buildings and a congregation-less hierarchy with no flock in the birthplace of Christianity?" So asks Daphne Tsimhoni in the Middle East Quarterly. It is hard to see what will prevent that ghost-like future from coming into existence.

One factor that could help prevent this dismal outcome would be for mainline Protestant churches to speak out against Palestinian Muslims for tormenting and expelling Palestinian Christians. To date, unfortunately, the Episcopalian, Evangelical Lutheran, Methodist, and Presbyterian churches, as well as the United Church of Christ, have ignored the problem.

Instead, they pursue the self-indulgent path of venting moral outrage against the Israeli bystander and even withdrawing their investment funds from it. As they obsess with Israel but stay silent about Christianity dying in its birthplace one wonders what it will take to awaken them.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

This is so sad; even sader because it is true! What is wrong with these people. They say these acts took place because this person dishonoured their family; what is murdering your sister? :twisted: :evil:

Why aren't the authorities looking into the murder? Do the authorities find that acceptable too?

I'm so glad that I live in Australia!
leen@rasel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by leen@rasel »

the most important thing that all of you must know is that we are as muslims not perfect while our religion is perfect ,and you have the righ to think the same thing about your religion, what i mean by that is , we all do mistakes when it comes to following the commands of our religion what those people did is insane and this is not a new thing especially in the arab society those people did not react from their loyality to their religion in other words following the legislations of islam,there are many incidents idicating people doing such crimes even though they are christians you can see that in many arab countries,without refering to names,these reaction came from the ancient costums and conventions in the arabic society , it is true that a girl is not allowed to marry a nonmuslim person and to a sixtual ralation even with a muslim but the islamic law is the only one that can punish her and this is of course not by killing her or hurting the christian guy since he is not a muslim and if the siblings of this girl hurt any person related to the guy or the guy himself he must be punished also beccause he is hurting inocent people and Quraan forbiddened us from killing inocent people who have not hurt us or commit a crime so it is very obvious that the security system there is not protecting his people and not offering the perfect service that any security system in the world usually offers
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

leen__rasel wrote:the most important thing that all of you must know is that we are as muslims not perfect while our religion is perfect ,and you have the righ to think the same thing about your religion, what i mean by that is , we all do mistakes when it comes to following the commands of our religion what those people did is insane and this is not a new thing especially in the arab society those people did not react from their loyality to their religion in other words following the legislations of islam,there are many incidents idicating people doing such crimes even though they are christians you can see that in many arab countries,without refering to names,these reaction came from the ancient costums and conventions in the arabic society , it is true that a girl is not allowed to marry a nonmuslim person and to a sixtual ralation even with a muslim but the islamic law is the only one that can punish her and this is of course not by killing her or hurting the christian guy since he is not a muslim and if the siblings of this girl hurt any person related to the guy or the guy himself he must be punished also beccause he is hurting inocent people and Quraan forbiddened us from killing inocent people who have not hurt us or commit a crime so it is very obvious that the security system there is not protecting his people and not offering the perfect service that any security system in the world usually offers
Everyone has the right to follow their own religion i agree with that; however does Muslim religion allow murder? That is my only question. Is it written anywhere in the Quran that you should kill your sister if they dishonour your family. In no Christian religion is murder tolerated.

Have you ever heard of the ten commandments? :idea:
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

It is Islamic Sharia law. You need to look into Islam more closely. There is some weird stuff in it. Why do you think I spend so much time exposing this supposed religion.
http://www.ishr.org/activities/campaign ... ultery.htm
leen@rasel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by leen@rasel »

shazzam show me the proof from hte Quraan as you say....the problem is that you misunderstand how many times i have to tell you to not try to understand the way you want to ...look into the illustrating books and if you don't have one do not try to argue with us and ask us for explanations....then you can argue
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

leen__rasel wrote:shazzam show me the proof from hte Quraan as you say....the problem is that you misunderstand how many times i have to tell you to not try to understand the way you want to ...look into the illustrating books and if you don't have one do not try to argue with us and ask us for explanations....then you can argue
What are you talking about??? Please read my post AGAIN! I asked you a question to try and understand a little better and I get this angry post. Good grief. Don't worry about it. :x

By the way exactly who (us) am I arguing with. Once again read my posts I was making a statement not asking for an argument. It seems to me that you aren't interested in discussing this topic. You have your view and that is that! Personally the muslim faith doesn't interest me at all. As I previously stated everyone has the right to follow whatever religion they wish; but I don't accept having people trying to force their opinions on me. :roll: :roll: Just as I would not force my opinions on anyone. :!: :idea: