EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you eat for hunger or for comfort?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Postby illusion » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:25 pm

yeah Shokin that's what I meant... for my OWN surviving...
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:16 am

illusion wrote:yeah Shokin that's what I meant... for my OWN surviving...

We all need to survive I totally agree. The thing is to survive we we all just eat vegetables, fruit, water and maybe a little bit of meat (or something to substitute it). But lets face it we all need some sort of comfort food. Whether it be chips, cake, chocolate etc. something that we get a quick burst of happiness from.

The thing is do we eat this stuff (chips etc) because we are upset, unhappy, happy etc.

How do we judge our feelings when we eat this sort of comfort food?

:idea:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby pob » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:40 pm

Stella0708 wrote: i won't use eating to express my feelings ;)

It's just the opposite, people use eating to cover their feelings of sadness, loneliness... and similar feelings...
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
pob
Silver Member

Postby Shazzam » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:56 pm

pob wrote:
Stella0708 wrote: i won't use eating to express my feelings ;)

It's just the opposite, people use eating to cover their feelings of sadness, loneliness... and similar feelings...

I have just started a journal to try and determine what triggers appetite. Things like advertising, inactivity, smell etc. It is amazing how easily hunger can be triggered from watching television advertising (especially at night). When you write down the triggers you would be amazed. I'm going to keep this experiment going for another couple of weeks; but I have already had some really interesting insights into what triggers my eating binges. Mine seems to be boredom. If i'm busy I don't give it a second thought until my tummy yells at me. They are the sorts of triggers you should listen to. If i'm watching television and an add comes on with pizza I will feel hungry. :oops:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby TearHere » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:11 am

i eat for hunger and comfort too.. 8)
When all else fails..don't stop.
TearHere
Gold Member

Previous

Return to Food & Fitness