To be inside or outside that is the question?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Would you prefer to be indoors our outdoors?

Prefer Indoors
57%
Prefer Outdoors
43%

Total votes: 7

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I was interested to find out how many people prefer to be inside most of the time/ and how many people prefer to be outside most of the time, and why?

Do you think it is important to spend a few hours a day outside so that you body obtains the necessary dose of vitamin D or do you think a vitamin tablet can give you this?

Just interested!
Last edited by Shazzam on Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

Why don't u create a poll?
monsterZZZ

Post by monsterZZZ »

yes,that's really a good suggestion.I'm a student,staying inside facing the computer screen really made me go insane sometimes.Going outside and having some exercise really can help to keep fit and can also protect eyesight:) :D
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Inside/out

Post by Shazzam »

pirate wrote:Why don't u create a poll?
Thanks for the idea. I have tried to set up a poll before and have been unable to do so. Can you give me some advice on how to do this!

Re: To be inside or outside that is the question?

Post by Guest »

shazzam1452 wrote:I was interested to find out how many people prefer to be inside most of the time/ and how many people prefer to be outside most of the time, and why?

Do you think it is important to spend a few hours a day outside so that you body obtains the necessary dose of vitamin D or do you think a vitamin tablet can give you this?

Just interested!
Both! Being inside too long is boring and being outside too long is not good for your health due to sun exposure. Playing sports outside for an hour or two every day is good enough.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

When I first wrote this thread I didn't know how to create a poll. Now that I have been here for a while I have managed to work it out. AT LAST! :lol:

So I decided to refresh this thread with a Poll. I will be very interested to see your choices. 8)
keling

Post by keling »

i appreciate u to create a poll on the forum

that u will take many opinions about your poll

would u mind telling me what is purpose to choose the topic?

do u want to compare the impact of physical condition of

outdoor and indoor ?

in my opinion both are benefit.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

keling wrote:i appreciate u to create a poll on the forum

that u will take many opinions about your poll

would u mind telling me what is purpose to choose the topic?

do u want to compare the impact of physical condition of

outdoor and indoor ?

in my opinion both are benefit.
It isn't only for the reasons you stated; although they are important. It is also about where people live for example climate, culture etc.
TearHere
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by TearHere »

i'm frequently inside..
i'm a home buddy... sit infront of the pc.. read or draw..

although sometimes..i go out to relax play badminton or exercise too.. it's right.. it'd be too boring if you're always inside or outside..(too much of something is bad :roll: )..
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

TearHere wrote:i'm frequently inside..

although sometimes..i go out to relax play badminton or exercise too.. it's right.. it'd be too boring if you're always inside or outside..(too much of something is bad :roll: )..
Hi there I realise you live in the Phillipines do you think you stay inside more because the climate is more humid; or is it just a personal choice? :)
keling

poll

Post by keling »

I live in a city where the climate is too hot , the sunshine is too fierce , so that I like to stay at home at day but take a walk outside at morning or evening
it is neccessay both indoor and outdoor
keling

Post by keling »

the climate is dry and the temperature is always over 35degree (c)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

keling wrote:the climate is dry and the temperature is always over 35degree (c)
It must be nice to go for a walk in the morning and later in the afternoon though. At least you won't need an umbrella when you live with such a lovely climate.

8) 8)
TearHere
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by TearHere »

shazzam1452 wrote:
TearHere wrote:i'm frequently inside..

Hi there I realise you live in the Phillipines do you think you stay inside more because the climate is more humid; or is it just a personal choice? :)
that's a good point.. but..i don't think humid is the right term.. we lately have had hot/warm days.. so i prefer staying in an airconditioned place and surf the net..
but during rainy season, yeah, it's one great reason why i wanna stay inside..too wet outside.. :lol: the way i see the in-out topic, there are alot of factors why we choose to stay in or out..it just depends on the person.. :wink:
Asep25

Post by Asep25 »

When I surf internet, I prefer indoors, when I make something with my boyfriend, I prefer outdoors :oops: of course, better it is dark...some fieldwork....that's cold and wild... :wink:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Asep25 wrote:When I surf internet, I prefer indoors, when I make something with my boyfriend, I prefer outdoors :oops: of course, better it is dark...some fieldwork....that's cold and wild... :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I suppose there is no need for an umbrella then. :lol:
keling

indoor /outdoor

Post by keling »

apart from the climate would effect someone choose indoor or outdoor , the age and individual hobbies are the significant things to a person choosing his action indoor /outdoor
for example the aged prefer to indoor rather than outdoor
keling

indoor /outdoor

Post by keling »

the health condition is another reason for choosing indoor /outdoor, if a person is sick seriously , he would not going to outside
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

well i think we just can choose seeing all the conditions of weather and with who you are, but of course it's better to make something outside when is sunny and inside when is raining, in portugal we have what i can consider a normal clime, sun in the summer and rain in the winter so it's easy to see what i choose in each part of the year 8)
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Today inside!(Now already yesterday) It's bad weather here with wet and snow. I'm already colded.. or smth. and roads are slippery, also more car accidents.. etc. But otherwise outdoor
trinity19

Post by trinity19 »

i need to be outside, if i stay inside i get really depresed. luckily, the weather here invites you to go out!
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

trinity19 wrote:i need to be outside, if i stay inside i get really depresed. luckily, the weather here invites you to go out!
You bring up a really good point trinity19. The depression side of things. There is medical evidence to support that it is necessary to spend "some time" outside. The reason for this is the body needs vitamin D and the sun is a great source of this vitamin. Vitamin D helps prevent depression. I was astounded when I found this out; it makes so much sense.

When you are unwell if you sit outside in the sun for a while you will feel a little better (maybe not physically; but mentally). 8) :idea:
trinity19

Post by trinity19 »

Shazzam wrote:You bring up a really good point trinity19. The depression side of things. There is medical evidence to support that it is necessary to spend "some time" outside. The reason for this is the body needs vitamin D and the sun is a great source of this vitamin. Vitamin D helps prevent depression. I was astounded when I found this out; it makes so much sense.

When you are unwell if you sit outside in the sun for a while you will feel a little better (maybe not physically; but mentally). 8) :idea:
i didn't know this! now i know i'm not so strange :roll:
could this be one of the reasons people aren't so happy in rainy days?
anyway, i think in my case there's something else, if i'm outside i don't have time to think so i won't be depresed for sure. i'ts quite stupid but it works :? :D
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

I love to be inside