Meeting a stranger

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

hanami

Meeting a stranger

Post by hanami »

Through a friend i know him. He teachs english at the center where the friend is studying. A week ago when i visited her we talked about learning english and she let me see his card. As an active learner i wanted to make friend with him so i sent him a message on the internet. He replied more quickly than i expected. We made self-introduction then i said i liked to meet him :oops: . He agreed and we decided where to meet. I think it is a safe place for us both - in case someone thinks we are in danger :lol: . We will see tomorow but i feel a little worried. Yesterday i sent him messages by mobile. At first i asked him a stupid question and as a result he ordered not to call him again. I really didn't want that to happen so i tried to persuade him that i didn't mean a bad thing by that. At last he forgot the question and continued to talk to me. That was a long conversation but shortly he said since he had gotten here all the vietnamese want from him was money or free lessons. Of course i make friend with him mainly because i want to improve my comunicating skill. I told him the truth and that made him very mad. Now he is pleasant to meet me but i hesitate to go to the meeting. I am afraid for many reasons. First i am not good at english, my accent is very bad and sepecially when stand before someone strange my brain seems to be washed it is completely empty. Second i don't know if my purpose for the meeting is good. I want to get some advice from you even if i will meet him before i can read what you write to me. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by hanami on Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
happiness is something you can't foretell
Asep25

Post by Asep25 »

better you ask a friend to accompany you to meet the man :wink:
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

Take a gun with you! :mrgreen:
phucauto3
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by phucauto3 »

let's go if you want to go, hanami, don't hesitate!!!
take the chace! :wink:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Let you go. If you were good at english, you wouldn't need to meet this person.

He can teach you english. You can teach him your language. By both you make a tandem (1 time you both speak english, 1 time you both speak your lanaugage).

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

so how did your meeting go????
hanami

Post by hanami »

illusion wrote:so how did your meeting go????
Thanks for the care. It was a nice time for me. At first i felt very shy because the way of starting a relationship in western culture is very different from us but maybe the main reason is still my personality. However at last i took a good breath, coming to him and saying " hi ", shaking his hands while giving him a smile. Then we had a nice and long conversation. I know i made quite many mistakes and had to ask him to repeat many times, which was very funny to us both, but he seemed not to ger tired for that. We laughed a lot. I couldn't notice the things and the people around looking at us as usual, but all i did is try to understand what he said and arrange things in order in my mind to say to him. He said he would call me again and we still keep contact with each other. I hope next meetings will be better.
happiness is something you can't foretell
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

hanami wrote:
illusion wrote:so how did your meeting go????
Thanks for the care. It was a nice time for me. At first i felt very shy because the way of starting a relationship in western culture is very different from us but maybe the main reason is still my personality. However at last i took a good breath, coming to him and saying " hi ", shaking his hands while giving him a smile. Then we had a nice and long conversation. I know i made quite many mistakes and had to ask him to repeat many times, which was very funny to us both, but he seemed not to ger tired for that. We laughed a lot. I couldn't notice the things and the people around looking at us as usual, but all i did is try to understand what he said and arrange things in order in my mind to say to him. He said he would call me again and we still keep contact with each other. I hope next meetings will be better.
ohh I'm so happy for you :) sometimes meeting a total stranger may be a lot of fun. I know it because I met my best male friend online. It was weird because he started the conversation with me 'Can we meet?' I though he had been somekind of psycho because he wanted to meet before he asked my name? And he really begged to meet with him which I found quite amusing and finally decided to meet with him. Though of course I took my friend with me. So we met him and he turned out to be the person he actually claimed. And the funniest thing was that we both went to the same school and later on we became good friends and I amd really happy I agreed to meet him that day because now I can't imagine my life without him... hehe :)