How religious are you?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

How religious are you?

0 to 4 - I know there are religions, but I don't like them. Also, they haven't convinced me enough to believe in them.
33%
5- I believe in religion, but I don't practice it.
22%
6 to 9- I believe in my religion, and I pray to the Creator when I need a miracle or I just pray sometime.
11%
10- My religion is all I believe in, in fact, I work for them.
33%

Total votes: 9

MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

How religious are you?

Post by MissLT »

From a scale of one to ten, how do you rate yourself as a religious person?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I am not religious at all. Yes, I was born in a Catholic society, I was christened, I took my first comunion and everything, but then I grew up and realized I didn't actually like religions, they don't mean anything but trouble among people.

I know there are many religious members here that don't share my point of view, so any other opinions are welcome ;)
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: How religious are you?

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:From a scale of one to ten, how do you rate yourself as a religious person?
A scale is hard; but I would say I am a moderate christian. So I will give myself a 5. I do believe in the teachings from the bible; it is a faith (in my heart). I try to live my life as a good person; but I'm not regular church goer. I find most of the people that go to church are old people that are frightened that they are going to die soon. The rest of them are a pack of hypocrits. I prefer to pray quietly by myself.

I also agree with Dixie; people do nothing but fight about religion and which one is the best. I don't like to discuss it at all. Same with politics. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

On border 4 to 5.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Shazzam wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:From a scale of one to ten, how do you rate yourself as a religious person?
A scale is hard; but I would say I am a moderate christian. So I will give myself a 5. I do believe in the teachings from the bible; it is a faith (in my heart). I try to live my life as a good person; but I'm not regular church goer.
Me, too. I believe in Buddhism, but I rarely go to the temples and stuff. I don't believe going to a temple and praying to the Buddhas would make me a better person than those who don't go. To me, going to the temples and churches is all about being spiritual and nothing more. On the other hand, it's nice to go there once in a while, though. It makes me feel different and spiritual as like a lamb that has lost its faith and now is coming back :lol: .
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

Dixie wrote:
I know there are many religious members here that don't share my point of view, so any other opinions are welcome ;)
good point Dixie ..Thank you :wink:
LennyeTran your choices are very specific,but I will choose 6,
I believe in all things in Islam ,but there are many
religion men who I don't agree .
I don't go to MOSQUE much,I don't obliges with all things in religion, if all things in life are religion ,I will die, god created the graces to enjoying.....so I think I must be happy in this life and enjoy with graces and beautiful things in this lfe . :lol: :lol: ..
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

I belive in God(which is the most important),I know that God created us and that is only a GOD 4 all people.I`m muslim and islam have 5 Pillars :

-The shahadah, which is the basic creed or tenet of Islam: "'ašhadu 'al-lā ilāha illā-llāhu wa 'ašhadu 'anna muħammadan rasūlu-llāh", or "I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God.

-Salah, or ritual prayer, which must be performed five times a day. (However, the Shi'a are permitted to run together the noon with the afternoon prayers, and the evening with the night prayers). Each salah is done facing towards the Kaaba in Mecca.

-Zakat, or alms-giving. This is the practice of giving based on accumulated wealth, and is obligatory for all Muslims who can afford it. A fixed portion is spent to help the poor or needy, and also to assist the spread of Islam. The zakat is considered a religious obligation (as opposed to voluntary charity) that the well-off owe to the needy because their wealth is seen as a "trust from God's bounty".

-Sawm, or fasting during the month of Ramadan. Muslims must not eat or drink (among other things) from dawn to dusk during this month, and must be mindful of other sins. The fast is to encourage a feeling of nearness to God, and during it Muslims should express their gratitude for and dependence on him, atone for their past sins, and think of the needy. Sawm is not obligatory for several groups for whom it would constitute an undue burden. For others, flexibility is allowed depending on circumstances, but missed fasts usually must be made up quickly.

-The Hajj, which is the pilgrimage during the Islamic month of Dhu al-Hijjah in the city of Mecca. Every able-bodied Muslim who can afford it must make the pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in his or her lifetime. When the pilgrim is about ten kilometers from Mecca, he must dress in Ihram clothing, which consists of two white seamless sheets.

I showed this cuz as a muslim I need to pray 5 times a day(which I don`t do) and I never fast but also I never was in Mecca.I think that it`s nice to do this but Muhammed said love ur parents,friends,neighbours,cousins and I love them.Muhammed said help people(I help them) etc :-D .
So this makes me a religious person ? :shock: :-D :oops:
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..