EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Cocktails ~ Which one is your favorite?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Cocktails ~ Which one is your favorite?

Postby Shazzam » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:49 am

Hopefully summer will arrive in Australia sometime this week. You wouldn't know it because the draught has broken and the heavens have been raining down on us for two weeks :evil: . :lol: :lol: :lol:

ANYWAY
once summer arrives I love to have a cocktail or mocktail from time to time. My favorite is PINA COLADA (yummy). There are some really strange cocktails now I have noticed all the different combinations when I have been down at my local pub.

We thought it was strange when you could buy a "orgasm on the beach" or a "harvey wall-banger". :lol: :lol:

What is your favorite cocktail/mocktail? :idea: :?:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:47 am

What's a mocktail? :D

PS: Summer? OMG... Winter is approaching here. It's getting colder and colder every day... It's weird to think that it's summer in some parts of the world 8)
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby vince90 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:24 pm

Margarita and Bahama Mama. Winter is here too. It's cold!
vince90
Platinum Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:28 pm

Cosmopolitan and Mojito for me. These are the only drinks that I know since I don't drink.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Shazzam » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:14 pm

LennyeTran wrote:Cosmopolitan and Mojito for me. These are the only drinks that I know since I don't drink.

Mojito :?: I have never heard of this one, what is in it Lenny :?:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:15 pm

Dixie wrote:What's a mocktail? :D

PS: Summer? OMG... Winter is approaching here. It's getting colder and colder every day... It's weird to think that it's summer in some parts of the world 8)

A mocktail is a cocktail without the alcohol (to me they are just an overdressed smoothy)... :lol: :lol:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby vince90 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:18 pm

LennyeTran wrote:Cosmopolitan and Mojito for me. These are the only drinks that I know since I don't drink.

I like Cosmo too.
vince90
Platinum Member

Postby vince90 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:27 pm

Shazzam wrote:
Dixie wrote:What's a mocktail? :D

A mocktail is a cocktail without the alcohol (to me they are just an overdressed smoothy)... :lol: :lol:

We call it Virgin Cocktail in America.
vince90
Platinum Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:29 pm

Shazzam wrote:

Mojito :?: I have never heard of this one, what is in it Lenny :?:

Some cocktail that has mint leaves in it. It tastes like mint tea with wine. Quite interesting. I got it and Cosmopolitan during my birthday dinner with my boyfriend; that's why I remember it. Normally, I don't drink nor smoke. Not even a cocktail. (I'm really boring, eh?)
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:31 pm

vince90 wrote:
We call it Virgin Cocktail in America.

I've heard my cousins usually called a virgin Pina Colada as their drinks during a party. Is it this one? :?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Next

Return to Food & Fitness