EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

University-the only way to enter life?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

University-the only way to enter life?

Postby Arale » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:44 pm

It seems the opinion of having a high degree is always great pressure for all students. Some parents force their children to pass the university entrance exam. So most high school students have to work hard at this time. They even don't have time to relax. Spending most day-time at school, they have to attend many other extra lessons at night. Many pupils at primary or secondary school have to study so much too. I feel sad for some students who must obey their parents' opinion to study what they don't like. It means they have to give up their dreams, their desires and take up a job they may feel bored all life. Studying at university is not the only way to step into life. We have various ways. Can you keep your own opinion to finish your dream? :roll:

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby hatsumi » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:49 am

I agree that university is not the only way to enter life, but it's one of the best.

However, you're a Vietnamese, so I think you know that studying so hard in primary and secondary schools can't be advoided, because if the pupils don't do that, they can't be enter a good high schools or an good university, and it's the common circumstance.

I know many people are eager to change it, but it depends on the education policy of state, it means that this case won't be changed soon.

Moreover, in Vietnam, entering university can be considered the best and even the only, because of some following reasons:

Firstly, the matter of diploma is seen so high, it's the view of a country, many generations that's very difficult to change.

Secondly, the education in colleges, traning skills schools, etc, and the ability of solving unemployment is low. The education program can't meet the demand of the market and the trend of development.

Thirdly, you know, not almost family can let their children study abroad so that university is still their wish.

and many other reasons.

These above are my oppinions which can't be the same with you. I look forward to hearing your view.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! my fellow- country man
hatsumi

Postby Shazzam » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:09 am

Amazingly enough some of the most prodominent business people in society, don't have University degrees. In fact in Australia quite a few wealth and successful business people didn't even finish high school. My opinion is that the school of life can sometimes provide the field for people to sew their dreams. You have to have imagination and motivation, even with a university degree. Innovation is the way forward. 8)
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:11 am

Always strive to make your dreams come true no matter what they are; or what other people say about them. :idea: 8)
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby illusion » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:18 pm

Shazzam wrote:Always strive to make your dreams come true no matter what they are; or what other people say about them. :idea: 8)

i totally agree :)
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby hatsumi » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:47 pm

I see, but the difficulty in Vietnam is that almost people appreciate the degrees highly and almost the youth used to live by their parents. In addition, the matter of entering university is always a serious problem of society.
It's very hard to change the Vietnamese's view.
hatsumi

Postby Tungono » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:49 pm

Look at Bill Gates. U will have answear
But I wondering how many ppl can do like him?
Tungono

Postby illusion » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:18 pm

Tungono wrote:Look at Bill Gates. U will have answear
But I wondering how many ppl can do like him?

I'm sure he has few close friends...everyone does, don't they?
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:10 pm

It is stigmatizing people, the fact to believe that university is the best or the only way to get a life. Many people can have a happy life without going to university or any other high school.

Badly, many parents force their child(ren) to go somewhere (to university for example).

Don't try to find a meaning to their bullshiting problems. Find a sense to your life.

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Oriani » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:26 pm

Well, I must say that I live in another city very far from my hometown because of college and I live happily, I mean, I've found several friends as I've lost as well... I've learnt a lot about life. and other kinds of things..!!! College or university is just a period of the life...!!!! but I have to say that we have to live Today... you never know when you're gonna die! :?
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions