Books and authors in this club...

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Pick a favorite!

The forum we are in Right Now, this is the best.
67%
I love the ESL Teachers Forum, the most.
No votes
The Chat Rooms are the place for me.
No votes
I tend to look in other parts of the club.
33%

Total votes: 6

tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Books and authors in this club...

Post by tikay »

Does everyone know how great this forum is for readers?
All of my life I have loved books... and those witers of books, those authors, have sometimes been my only true friends...but at times the only people I really related to were the few who wrote as I was thinking...and there were many so i was never lonely, those who wrote to my heart have saved me.

Now , that said I want to tell anyone who is interested how to get more from this forum if you love (the writers) of books as much as I do.

Last night I was bored with the lesson, in my paralegal course...(Economics) and I logged in here to see if I had any response to my entrys of yesterday...then I looked around...I asked myself what I could find out, or do in here...because more had been drawing my attention again, and to my pleasent suprise,
I found, that there were interviews of authors, so I went in there...and read a few,and wow! (They were so interesting!)

I told myself I would explore this more later, and I have looked in this morning to find that there is a rare book exchange, as well, how trippy!
There is so much more than I ever imagined, in this english club! So many ways to use the site to our advantage...more new books and those author's interviews... I was so happy. I just wanted to share this, for anyone who did'nt know about it or check it out yet. to tell all of you who, like me, did not know anything about those places in here.

I started out in these forums by helping the English as a Second Language Club, because I am pretty good in english (if i say so myself) I was just trying to do my part for people struggling with this somewhat complicated language, and answering the few questions could.
(at the time i never knew about this section oft he club... I was just looking in over there...
then I found this forum, and woah! (a whole new world opens up!)
Now I am finding out so much more,& there is even more to look in on...I just love this! The computer is now my friend...because you are becoming my friends.

Please let us know in here when you find other things that excite you about this and other places...
also please enter it here (either in this post ) or make a new post, if you are a published writer, so we will be able to read your book(s)...and if you have great book sites that you will share, you may add those too...I for one, am very interested. Whan exploring what i will want to read next...I always seem to go to amazon.com, or one of my other book clubs, (those are)QPB...(Quality Paperback Books) or One Spirit Book Club and Homestyle Book Club. i sow some different books in here last night, that I have not seen before.

One day I plan to have time to write more, maybe even to get published...until then I will learn the trade from what others have to say!
ciao...Tracey :wink:
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Plese vote!

Post by tikay »

Hey! Please don't forget to vote in the poll! Tell us why you made your choices in your posts.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I participate in the Teachers forum and download some useful stuff for my classes, but it is this forum what I enjoy the most :lol:
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

Thanks Dixie! Do you teach English then?
( & is Catalunya in Spain? ...sorry, bad geography teachers are to blame for this question...lol)
have a great day!
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Ha ha haha hahahah,

Girl, furtunally you can say that the responsables of your questions are your ex teachers.

Catalunya is gegrpahicaly in the same land that Spain, I mean into the land of Spain, but is a independent departament because of a oficial act signed maybe 10 or 15 years before, if I´m not wrong. Certanly Dixie???? People from Catalunya don´t considered himself as a spanish people.
Explain you Dixie....
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

tikay wrote:Thanks Dixie! Do you teach English then?
( & is Catalunya in Spain? ...sorry, bad geography teachers are to blame for this question...lol)
have a great day!
Yes I am an English teacher.

For some info about Catalunya you can view this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalonia
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Thanks for the site Dixie

Post by tikay »

I spent some time reading up and I am smarter about your home. I love some of the gothic archetecture and the fact that the magic square is integrated on a historical churce....name already forgotton sorry. It is something I have been interested in, the magic square. The numbers of that one in particular haveing to do with the passion (at 33) in the life of the Christed one, Jesus.
I always find something I will be looking into deeper. The fact you grow pears there and peaches too...that you are a seperate politic from Spain with 4 provinces (am I right)...lots of interest in here ....very good site (for wikipedia) includes some pictures.
Thank you.
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Books and authors in this club...

Post by Annaa »

I like this 4um a lot :-D :-D :-D .
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..