EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Global differences in skin colour

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby shokin » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:55 pm

The fear of difference.

The excessive appearence-addiction (giving too much credibilty to appearence).

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:05 am

shokin wrote:The fear of difference.

The excessive appearence-addiction (giving too much credibilty to appearence).

Shokin

Exactly Shokin. 8) It sometimes isn't even about the differences in skin colour. It can be whether you wear glasses, or fat or skinny, you wear the right clothes with the right labels etc. People discriminate over all sorts of stupid things. :roll:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Danyet » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:08 pm

But mostly people discriminate over culture, not skin color.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Admiral » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:42 pm

It doesn't mean that hunting for blacks was ok.
Admiral

difference is good.

Postby serena » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:11 am

Different some times is a good thing.Can you imagin the world with same-look face?Thanks to differents,life is more meaningful!
serena

Re: Global differences in skin colour

Postby Amelia66me » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:25 am

TP wrote:What can we do to address the problems created by global differences in skin colour?

Well, sometimes I really don't understand why people have prejudice against people of different colors. I have a couple of black friends suffered from ill treatment from others when they were trying to find a job. Does the color have anything to do with how my friends work? Nobody can choose his or her color when he or she is born, right?
Amelia66me

Postby hijwaria » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:16 pm

hi every body, :lol: this is my 1 participation with u in this forum, and i like 2 add sth since i like this topic. as far as im concerned, if all world has the same ideas as the members of this forum , i think that we will live in peace and happiness. but unfortunately there are alot of people who don't respect others especially people of different skin color,or blacks, who suffer alot of humiliation not only in foreign countries but also in their own country, or some times in their neighborhood.
i wish to be an active member in this forum :wink:
thank you.
hijwaria

Postby Nawas » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:26 pm

the differnce color isn't a problem because, whole the people in the world are eqully and the better person who has a kind soul and good behavior :wink:
Nawas

Postby jeffcox » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:20 pm

Respect and tollerance.

Sounds so easy, doesn't it! But there are many people who don't don't follow such utopian ideas. Then what do we do?

I guess, teach by example is the first step. Teach your children and those around you is the second step. Maintain the idea that we are different, that different does matter, and that different is good. Then, hope there is a chain reaction from one generation to the next and so on.
jeffcox
Gold Member

Postby tmnscc » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:11 am

I find that it is too normal when walking or going to cinema with my friend who is diffrent with my skin color. At that time, if someone looks at me or even glance at me, then it seems that he or she is too old and backward in recent society.
tmnscc

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion