EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: I Dont Agree

Postby Shazzam » Tue May 17, 2005 8:59 am

Are you saying that to people who have said 'God gives me life so he should end it and not anyone'???????[/quote]

I'm not saying anything regarding people's religious beliefs one way or another. All I'm saying is that the whole debate seems to being about God (religion; of one description or another; holy wars. etc). I find that the original debate has been lost somewhere. Thats all.
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Guest » Tue May 17, 2005 10:28 am

shazzam1452 wrote: I'm not saying anything regarding people's religious beliefs one way or another. All I'm saying is that the whole debate seems to being about God (religion; of one description or another; holy wars. etc). I find that the original debate has been lost somewhere. Thats all.

Well, I didn't really wanna go into further discussion when some other people were trying to link religion with right to die because to them, other people, were not allowed to end their lives; it'd go against God's creation, but then I had to state my 'holy war' definition because some people who believe in God or tell others who think another different way are sick. I did not know being different or having different opinions than people who believe in God could make me become a sick person. Sometimes, life is a colorful picture to learn about people and your surroundings, ain't it? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Postby Shazzam » Wed May 18, 2005 10:59 am

simplyblessedwithlove wrote:[Well, I didn't really wanna go into further discussion when some other people were trying to link religion with right to die because to them, other people, were not allowed to end their lives; it'd go against God's creation, but then I had to state my 'holy war' definition because some people who believe in God or tell others who think another different way are sick. I did not know being different or having different opinions than people who believe in God could make me become a sick person. :

I never said that I thought you were sick! I don't know where you got that from. I certainly never said that in anything that i wrote. :roll:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Guest » Wed May 18, 2005 6:39 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:
simplyblessedwithlove wrote:[Well, I didn't really wanna go into further discussion when some other people were trying to link religion with right to die because to them, other people, were not allowed to end their lives; it'd go against God's creation, but then I had to state my 'holy war' definition because some people who believe in God or tell others who think another different way are sick. I did not know being different or having different opinions than people who believe in God could make me become a sick person. :

I never said that I thought you were sick! I don't know where you got that from. I certainly never said that in anything that i wrote. :roll:

Not you, sweetie. It was another person whom posted before my post of holy war definition. I was explaining to that person why I thought some persons were sick regardless of having a religion or not.

Postby Dithzie » Sun May 29, 2005 2:03 pm

That's what free will is for, I personally believe. Every person has a right to die, if he so wishes. It's a matter of choice.
Iamwhoam
Dithzie

Being a muslim,

Postby mrnadeemkhan » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:14 am

simplyblessedwithlove wrote:Yes! All personal will should be respected either it's orally wish or documentally wish.
Code: Select all
Being a mulsim , our faith is that, Allah makes the whole universe even the human being is masterpiece with a brain, which have unbelieveable thinking power, has already written the whole life and even the situation of death. nobody can decide the way of death, or can die by their own. Everyone knows the right and wrong doings, so its up to them , whethen they choose write or wrong, .
Cheers pall.
mrnadeemkhan

I think everyone has his right to end his life

Postby sunnyni » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:00 am

In my opinion, everyone has his right to end his life.
First , Yes ,no one has right to choose his birth. But after his birth, he has all the right of his body and mind. He can bring up his own view to the world, he can do more practice for his health or not and he has right to subscribe his organ to help others.These are all decided by himself. so of cause he has right to end his life for the better life of his relative and lover.
Second,someone may say the people who chose end his life when he face the difficulty is craven. From some aspect, it seems he is , but maybe difference people cherish difference things, such as dignity , passion and faith. Such as some people want to die with dignity , he want beautiful face and body after he die. He don't want to die dingygily. So he chose end his life himself.

So difference people has difference view to death, why do they don't have right even for death.
sunnyni

Watch this movie

Postby tikay » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:18 pm

Last night I watched and read (subtitles) in Spanish a very good movie, for myself anyway...on this subject and my opinion is not that important on the subject becuase it constantly changes...this is a hard one. Anyway I agree and disagree with a lot of things in the thread so maybe I will add to it after more thought. :idea: it is good to hear (read)the passion about it
(my humble opinion)...bye-4-now
tikay
Platinum Member

!

Postby tikay » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:51 am

UH OH...I was afraid of that...I forgot the name of the movie yesterday....so sorry! If you want to watch it ...see the movie THE SEA INSIDE....very controversial ending, I assure you.
I believe that basically people should have the right to leave the earth...to come and go as they please. But then I am coming from the live and let live generation of the sixties.
so that is just natural for me. I do have to say i have written in here that suicide is selfish ....so i am still undecided about generalities I suppose....it is all about the circumstances.
I highly suggest that movie (The Sea Inside) to any one interested in the subject.
Thanks to the Buddhist fellow who does not believe in godhead...a good thing for me to think about because I have been calling myself Buddhist but I absolutely believe in all Gods and in all Goddess(es)....interesting no?
everyone is so interesting really!
tikay
Platinum Member

Postby shokin » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:19 pm

I did not know that many people wondered about their way of dying. :lol:

Let us choose the most ecological way of leaving the living.

But let you think and choose. When you'll be ded, who will know how you did want to die. :lol:

I want to die on 24 June 2060 at 13.57.43. in the middle of Amazonian forest and by a general tumor. I want my body to be burn and the ashes have to be put in equal parts at each cataracts of the Nil. My debts to Wallmart and my goods to WWF. :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion