EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

funny boy....

Postby tikay » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:51 pm

I want to die on 24 June 2060 at 13.57.43. in the middle of Amazonian forest and by a general tumor. I want my body to be burn and the ashes have to be put in equal parts at each cataracts of the Nil. My debts to Wallmart and my goods to WWF. :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Shokin

that is so cute and funny....
I want to be perhaps smashed by a tree falling in the Brazillan Forest and heavy equipment stops for even one day because of the accident....
or beaten by thugs who when my gashes open realize there are better ways to live life, changing their (horrible) ways when they see the depth of the color of my blood (it is so saturated...so dark red it is almost purple or black)
....or eaten by cannibols because i wondered into their incampment after much exploring in the vicinity...let my soul be relished by people who then go crazy with the force of love...
that lived in this poets heart.
Thanks! (that is better than the boring version given me by the Indian holy man at the courthouse...96 years old, in my sleep...who is that gonna affect?) BIG SMILE. :D :wink:
tikay
Platinum Member

american lady....

Postby tikay » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:45 pm

American...born to be a child of the sixties...in Tennessee.
tikay
Platinum Member

Re: !

Postby MissLT » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:18 pm

tikay wrote:Thanks to the Buddhist fellow who does not believe in godhead...a good thing for me to think about because I have been calling myself Buddhist but I absolutely believe in all Gods and in all Goddess(es)....interesting no?
everyone is so interesting really!

You've adapted Buddhism as a second religion of yours, and that's why you still believe in God and stuff. If you were born as a Buddhist or just practice Buddhism, you wouldn't believe in God. Buddhists don't tight themselves to a Creator and live their lives as just to pay their sins or wait for the Judgment Day. We have no Judgment Day. We are not born because of our sins. We are here because of our karma. And our purpose is to reach Nibbana, not to wait for God to judge what we did in our lives. Well, we're not gonna wait since we have no God, anyway.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Higher than man is his maker

Postby Antti » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:33 am

Man has not right to live as he chooses. He is made to love other people and his Maker. Many do not believe this, and every seeing eye sees the consequences. So man has not right to choose the length of life of himself or of other people. The life be in the hands of the Giver of life..
Antti

Postby tikay » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:45 am

I have adapted every insight to include it in my doctrine of ethical conditioning on myself...karma enters in but sometimes it also leaves...i am like a building with an open door...the library is only part of the make up and the spiritual books are merely there to learn from and for me to adapt...and only when the music room is not the focus for me...or the childrens playroom... or the room of arts and sciences, or of sensual pleasures. :idea: basically I have a self-made religion, based on my own life, which would probably take years to explain...so i dont even try....people are not nearly ready anyway.
I guess it is based on completeness through education, oneness with spirit, and simple life experiences....adapting each moment to find the highest in me...regardless of the actions of the next person.
life is decision, action, event, affect, work, making love, learning and...being...God desires do not exist when there is no separation....just try to be here now...and maybe realise you are your own actual co-creator, along with others who will and have molded and changed you...which is everyone, really.

where is the marchwind?
where in Italy???
tikay
Platinum Member

Postby desertman » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:10 pm

Every man die,but not every man really live.
desertman

Re: hagandaz

Postby vahid » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:39 am

In my opinon this refers to people s attitue toward the next world or whether there is any world beside this world in which we are living or not .
when people die they must answer back whatever they did in the world good or bad doesnot matter .
hence this is a fact if we think before doing something we wont be regret so we wont affrait of daeath . but if we are nutorious (bad- known) we like to die without any problem which is impossible .
vahid

Postby sar » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:53 am

We don’t own our life, something or somebody else give us life; therefore, we should not make decision in how to live or die, we should leave this process to nature.
sar

Postby Laxuan » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:30 am

I think nobody want to die so why they need to choose how to die. In any situations, we should struggle to survive.
Laxuan
Silver Member

Postby sar » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:32 pm

Laxuan wrote:I think nobody want to die so why they need to choose how to die. In any situations, we should struggle to survive.

I am agree, because, death is natural, like life itself.
sar

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion