EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

One thing I don't like about myself

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

One thing I don't like about myself

Postby harvester » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:06 pm

I mostly never feel pleased about myself. I ofen wonder " Am I well-organized or do I waste a lot of time?". Instead of studying I spend most of the time for sleeping, chatting and thinking about evrything out of the study... I'm lazy. Hardly can I get up early for preparing the lesson in the morning. In class, I am not concentrated on the teacher's explanation. I often think about everything outside the lesson. I usually fel sleepy in the class. When I start to study I feel dizzy. After that I stop studying and do another thing. I had many of races against time when the term-test came. I leart in hurry and no turning back. I failed to the exam. I got a lousy hand. My parents were sad. They couldn't believe in me anymore because I made too much mistakes. I gave some advice to myself. I force myself to change the bad habit. I am trying to overcome it day by day.
harvester
Gold Member

if u wanna, some advices for you;)

Postby esin » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:55 pm

first, never lost your hope.. cos, everyone feels sometimes like u have felt. as long as you belive in yourself , u can success in your life. u should never act like hopeless. in time u feel lazy, u should find an action for fight against your situation. for example, you can sew a plant in your garden, go to public garden or cinema with your friends.

and there is important thing you can make is you should weep when you wanna anytime. cos weeping is an important action to feel relieved of body and very fit action for body..

hope to benefit.. expect transition to reveled days.. :wink: :wink:
esin
Silver Member

Postby harvester » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:10 pm

Thanks for your advice esin! I'll try to stand up whenever I fall down. I understand what you advise. That's an important thing for anyon in hopeless like me. Thanks a lot!
harvester
Gold Member

Postby Admiral » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:44 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: As for me, I don't suggest this plant thing. Because a plant has nothing to do with your grades.
You should rather get a beautiful girlfriend.
Admiral

Postby quicksilver » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:18 am

One thing? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i find too many things. :lol:
Anyway, it seems that you are judging yourself, dont be so serious! Take a rest! And do everything step by step.
quicksilver
Gold Member

Re: One thing I don't like about myself

Postby willzheng » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:58 am

harvester wrote:I mostly never feel pleased about myself. I ofen wonder " Am I well-organized or do I waste a lot of time?". Instead of studying I spend most of the time for sleeping, chatting and thinking about evrything out of the study... I'm lazy. Hardly can I get up early for preparing the lesson in the morning. In class, I am not concentrated on the teacher's explanation. I often think about everything outside the lesson. I usually fel sleepy in the class. When I start to study I feel dizzy. After that I stop studying and do another thing. I had many of races against time when the term-test came. I leart in hurry and no turning back. I failed to the exam. I got a lousy hand. My parents were sad. They couldn't believe in me anymore because I made too much mistakes. I gave some advice to myself. I force myself to change the bad habit. I am trying to overcome it day by day.

Hi,Friends.
Every one has the felt you have now,just take it easy.Do what you want to do when you have time,and believe in yourself,you would get better.
willzheng

Postby harvester » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:18 pm

willzheng wrote:
harvester wrote:I mostly never feel pleased about myself. I ofen wonder " Am I well-organized or do I waste a lot of time?". Instead of studying I spend most of the time for sleeping, chatting and thinking about evrything out of the study... I'm lazy. Hardly can I get up early for preparing the lesson in the morning. In class, I am not concentrated on the teacher's explanation. I often think about everything outside the lesson. I usually fel sleepy in the class. When I start to study I feel dizzy. After that I stop studying and do another thing. I had many of races against time when the term-test came. I leart in hurry and no turning back. I failed to the exam. I got a lousy hand. My parents were sad. They couldn't believe in me anymore because I made too much mistakes. I gave some advice to myself. I force myself to change the bad habit. I am trying to overcome it day by day.

Hi,Friends.
Every one has the felt you have now,just take it easy.Do what you want to do when you have time,and believe in yourself,you would get better.

Yes, Willzheng! I feel better now. Thank to all of you!
harvester
Gold Member

I hope to be helpful 2 you...

Postby tikay » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:17 am

Im happy to see your post and I want to encourage you too. I have a lot of experience in life because I am getting old now and I still do a whole lot of study...in and outside of schools. I think one thing to help you focus is to study what you find the most interesting...if it is music...physics...drama...horticulture, whatever you love, to try to be able to master this, and the things that are required...if they are hard get help from tutors and friends in the class...even if you start a telephone list of anyone interested in study as a group. To be focused can sometimes be hard as a group but if you really try to keep some fun in the lesson.... and some lessons in the fun...you get what I am saying?
Also I will say, as for the gardening...to touch the earth is grounding...makes the body whole and contributes to the health of the person and the earth too...i have been handed a root vegetable when i was off balance and told to just hold it for a while, but then...my friends are an odd sort I suppose... (think hippy commune) well I say root vegetables are best to eat for a grounded soul...from the soil & (soul) of the ground...very good for focusing. (experiment in diet?)
Personally...
I found processed sugar was very bad for me, so i try to avoid it...and I always eat a balanced meal before tests for maximum brain food! I ALWAYS DO BADLY WHEN NOT EATING PROPERLY.

having fun (in its time) and "learning" in order to be your best ...is all very important!
LoVE! PeAcE!
tikay
Platinum Member

Dear Harvester...

Postby tikay » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:12 pm

Hello Friend...
I was thinking more about the subject (here) and how to be prepared for tests. I always experiment with things that I have not tried before...so I have been thinking of a way to study when I am doing something else. For instance if a subject is boring to me. Like economics I had last module. I found that I would try a new way of review. So i did this.
I sat in the living room for tewnty minutes going over the test notes. I spent five minutes looking at the summary of the chapters. Then I went off to clean the kitchen.

Usually I meditate while I clean it is a habit for me...busy hands/quiet mind...just focus upon the task...but I decided to work my mind for the test.

i filled up the sink with very hot sudsy water...put in the first
batch of dishes....to soak...(they almost wash themselves) and started to think of all that I could remember form the book.

Then I began to ask myself questions that could be on a test and answer them from my earlier lesson at the coffee table in the living room...

I began to wash the kitchen floor and ask myself the possible test questions and to answer them if I could. i went over to the book once or twice, for the answer.

I continued this until I was done cleaning the kitchen. It took about an hour. I had studied and cleaned the whole kitchen (killing two birds with one stone, we say over here...but in the islands it is more like getting two bunch of coconuts with only one blow/one stroke of the machete) many years in the islands...have I lived.

That night when the class was over I thought about the new things I had learned...the final was the next day....that night insted of just closing my eyes and letting myself to sleep, I went over the things I thought were most important in my mind. I stopped worrying about passing and went to sleep.

The next night I ate a salad and a sandwich during the last break before the test. I was worried but going over the note was all I could do. During the breaks I went over them too with a few friends, we quiz each other and help with different things we think will be on the test most. ( I stayed away from the smoking area for that one day to study).

Well when I got my grade I was very happy. I had made an A-
(it is the top grade with a tiny little bit off , the equivilent of not perfect, but almost perfect, i guess) HOORAY!
I thought I was going to get a very bad grade in there.
My point is to try new things too...new ways to study. Then in time we will get a way ( develope a technique) to work just right for ourselves.
Good luck my friend.
tikay
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:30 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM EXACTLY THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!! OH thank goodness there are people like me!!!!!!!!! OH I thought I was the only one who is such a lazy bum..
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions