EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

from friend to love!!

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby quicksilver » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:00 am

Ya , they r quite different from each other .
Friendship is a basic of love.
U can live without love , but u cant live without friends
quicksilver
Gold Member

Re: from friend to love!!

Postby trinity19 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:18 pm

kira wrote:I think that love is to love each other.
I think that friendship is to trust each other.
You should not have a relation with sex without love.
I think that friendship has no sex.
so,I think that friendship and love is not the same. :!:

so you don't love your friends?
i think it's not that easy, the limits are confused...
trinity19
Silver Member

Postby kira » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:23 am

trinity19 wrote:so you don't love your friends?
i think it's not that easy, the limits are confused...

yes,you are right. :!:
Of corse. I love friends.
But. I still think that friendship and love is not the same.
kira

Postby phucauto3 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:03 pm

being confused between love and friendships is the worst thing!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
phucauto3
Gold Member

Postby cloudbed » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:46 pm

quicksilver wrote:Ya , they r quite different from each other .
Friendship is a basic of love.
U can live without love , but u cant live without friends

i totally agree.
i wish i sleep on my bed,i wish i lay on the cloudbed,i wish i have nothing to think about,i wish...
cloudbed
Silver Member

Postby hatsumi » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:23 am

I experienced this case. I loved my close friend, but when we parted, we couldn't be the friends as before. It's difficult to talk naturally and I feel there is a hole between us. I feel a little sad whenever our friends remind last memories.

However, I realized that if you loved your close friend, you would have a partner who understands you and in front of him/her, you can show yourself free. And you can feel your affection is tighter than you are friends.
hatsumi

Postby takeshi » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:40 am

[quote="Ika"]Friendship can grow into love, but it hardly ever happens the other way. "Want to lose a friend? Fall in love with him. " Sad, but true. [quote]

agree agree agreeee!!if they split up quietly and rationally,maybe they will be friends.
takeshi
Silver Member

Postby harvester » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:54 pm

phucauto3 wrote:Do you think that It's very difficlut to transform a close friendship into love. And vice verse, It's difficult too to translate a love in to friendship!!

I think transforming a close friendship into love can happen more than from love into friendship. When they are close friends, they would be understand each other thoroughly and they are sympathise with their manner deeply. So they can lead to love quickly, easily. On the other hand, after falling in love with each other but it doesn't has a good ending. It can cause the bad feeling inside them. Hardly can they meet and talking together :!:
harvester
Gold Member

Postby illusion » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:38 pm

I think the love that was born out of friendship is stronger and more probable to survive longer but then again what would happen when the love ends and once friends would start to hate each other and the whole beautiful friendship would be ruined... so in my opinon let friends be just friends and lovers be lovers..
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby hoangthanh » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:23 am

I really share the same idea like Illusion, Let friendships be itself, and the same to love. I've seen so many good friendships turn out to be love, I must say that sweet love, then like Illusion said, once ended, the relationship seems to be a diaster. There are barely guys sensitive enough and mentally healthy enough to get by the situation. Ok, take me for an instance. I had had a good friend, we often talked and for sure I say we understood each other like the way we understand ourselves. Gradually, something hard-to-understand growing up in our minds. I even could not do anything if I would not meet her everyday... then, both of us admited to each other that we loved each other... then you guys know ? So many understand-each-other-well did a bad job. I just did not know why the breakup became of our relationship., no many quarrels, things just happened softly and now... you know ? nothing left to be "cured"...

However, personally, I somewhat agree with the idea that Friendship may be a firm base on which we set a "great" love. You know, To be loved and to love each other, to be lovers to each other, the first factor to be counted is mutual understanding. To be a good friends mean that you may understand each other, know pros and cons of each other..

Anyway, Love is such a restive "form".. I myself really appreciate love grows in a natural way.. gradually yet firmly...
hoangthanh

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions