EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Are people happier in hot countries?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby shokin » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:47 am

Be happy and the world will appear happier.

Help yourself and the sky will help you.

Let me laugh ! :lol: people with much money are not happy. It is an evidence !

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:02 pm

shokin wrote:Be happy and the world will appear happier.

Shokin

True with money comes fear. Fear of losing it.

But some money is good it brings comfort. Once again it is about balance. Everything in life needs balance. 8)
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:18 pm

Shazzam wrote:
shokin wrote:Be happy and the world will appear happier.

Shokin

True with money comes fear. Fear of losing it.

But some money is good it brings comfort. Once again it is about balance. Everything in life needs balance. 8)

Even love and hate need balance. :mrgreen:

I have no excuse.
It is unexplainable.
It is even inexorable.
It is not for extase.
But existence
Is inaccpetable.

I am excessive,
I love when desaxed,
When all exploses
When life get exhibed.
There are some exclamation,
But no explanations,
about this false complexe.

Life without excess
is inacceptable.

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby WWilliam » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:55 pm

I believe the saying of people living in hot countries will be happier in certain extent. Because sunlight will stimulate those people to release some stimulant from the internal organ and this stimulant will bring one's feeling to its highest point.
WWilliam

Postby turkishselin » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:02 pm

I think sunlight is influence people's behaviour,but if u r positive person u can be very happy even in north-pole :wink: I m Turkish and in Turkey I can live all seasons in one day. I m very luck. for example this morning was very suny in here and later in the afternoon it was rainy and so cold :wink:
turkishselin
Silver Member

o_o

Postby Khokha » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:47 am

Actually, taking bath and swimming affects people's mood and people who live in hot countries do that every day to keep their smell nice. So, they are happy and they have to be happy because they used to be happy. In my opinion, every one has to keep him/herself happy because on one can change the weather.
People say: "Cut your coat according to your cloth"
Khokha
Silver Member

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Postby maddy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:17 am

TP wrote:Why do people who live in very cold countries seem more miserable than people who live in hot climates?

I'm from Vietnam, a tropical country, we're happy, of course, we can taste many kinds of fruits, vegetables around the year or we can bathe under the sunshine during summers. But actually sometimes we're really jealous with people in cold countries. We never have chances to play with snow, and we have to suffer a wet spring. I think in cold weather only few people go out to meet each other, that's the reason why we have a feeling that they're cold of miserable than hot climate living people :D
maddy

Postby Laxuan » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:34 am

I'm from vietnam, too.I have never been to a foreign country before but I love skiing and playing with snow, in my country we must suffer from very hot weather in the summer and humidity from october to april whereas in europe countries it rarely rains because of cold weather.
I hate rains so I really want to go to another countries where don't have rain, maybe it is an imaginary dream, and it only come true in an desert.
Laxuan
Silver Member

Postby julka » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:12 am

hi everybody. I'm from Moscow, capital of Russia. I guess most of u heard about russian frosts, and must tell for me winter is the worst season. This winter the coldest temperature was -35 :cry:. that was smth incredible. I caught cold twise this winter. Pupils didn't study, cuz schools were closed, someone didn't work.
No doubt that sun affects pipl positively and not -30, when you have no desire to quit the house and freeze your feets, hands and nose outside. Now it is the end of March, and today morning it was -4, in the afternoon 0 +1. That's it. People in hot countries are happier cuz they do not have to buy all those winter garments, and put them all on. And they can enjoy sun all day long, every day. Lucky they are.
I prefer +35 rather than -35 :(
julka

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion