EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

One thing I don't like about myself

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Re: One thing I don't like about myself

Postby shokin » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:51 pm

harvester wrote:I mostly never feel pleased about myself. I ofen wonder " Am I well-organized or do I waste a lot of time?". Instead of studying I spend most of the time for sleeping, chatting and thinking about evrything out of the study... I'm lazy. Hardly can I get up early for preparing the lesson in the morning. In class, I am not concentrated on the teacher's explanation. I often think about everything outside the lesson. I usually fel sleepy in the class. When I start to study I feel dizzy. After that I stop studying and do another thing. I had many of races against time when the term-test came. I leart in hurry and no turning back. I failed to the exam. I got a lousy hand. My parents were sad. They couldn't believe in me anymore because I made too much mistakes. I gave some advice to myself. I force myself to change the bad habit. I am trying to overcome it day by day.


The question : are you guided by the life on the events ? or do you guide your life and the events ?

Think about your goals, your real goals. Are your daily actions orientated to your real goals ?

Do you sleep enought and regularly (always about at the same hours) ?

Each thing at its time. There is a time for each thing. (in your week)
Each thing at its place. There is a place for each thing. (in your room)

It means that you are more effective if you don't do too many things in the same time.

First end that what you have not ended, before beginning new things.

Too many people spend too much time to think about how they should be organized.

The best way to lose time is to do things twice. (Do it at once perfectly.)

If you spend too much time chatting, fix one limit of time, and respect it.

Do your "activities" really bring you something useful ? are you really active (watching tv is not active, and not the best way for resting) ?

Concentrate yourself only in what you are doing. [Each thing at its time.] It is said that non-concentration comes from fear of not controlling the people around, or fear of them looking at you. Actually, there can be many others causes.

Manage the flux of information : take only those which are useful. Each read information takes some place in your unconsciousness, in your daily life. Refuse the advertising (stamp on your letter box), avoid the newsletters. Sometimes (a week-end) make a total order in your room (and in your head) : What will you keep ? does it really bring you anything ?



Otherwise :

avoid smoking and drugs
don't listen too much time music. Even low, it makes us tired.
spend time discussing with friends (not in the virtual life)
good daily nutrition and daily sport

And smile ! :) :o :D 8) :P :mrgreen: :lol:

illusion wrote:OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM EXACTLY THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!! OH thank goodness there are people like me!!!!!!!!! OH I thought I was the only one who is such a lazy bum..


OMG ! are all members of ESL forum touched by this problem ? :lol: :shock: :lol:

Shokin
User avatar
shokin
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Location: Switzerland
Status: English Learner

Re: One thing I don't like about myself

Postby tikay » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:51 pm

shokin wrote:Manage the flux of information : take only those which are useful. Each read information takes some place in your unconsciousness, in your daily life. Refuse the advertising (stamp on your letter box), avoid the newsletters. Sometimes (a week-end) make a total order in your room (and in your head) : What will you keep ? does it really bring you anything ?

don't listen too much time music. Even low, it makes us tired.

Shokin



Hi! Shokin and Illusion.... and everybody!!!

First I want to say I thought it was cute and nice of Illusion to admit she is the same way. It is always good to know you are not the only one feeling like you are, when you share something frustrating.
Also I want to Thank You! Shokin because no one ever told me you can refuse the junk mail by putting a note on your mailbox...well if they did I had forgotten that so I will try it right away. I believe everyone should who throws it all away like me. Think of all the paper saved for every person who stops the advertising in their box! GREAT IDEA....& also I like some of the other suggestions you had for organizing

BUt....I have to completely disagree on the music thing. Unless you mean that a certain type of music makes you tired I have no idea what you mean.
Please explain more how music makes one tired. I do not understand it at all.
Thanks. Your pal T.K.
tikay
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Lancaster, CA. U.S.

Postby illusion » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:10 pm

i'd really love to get organised but somehow I just can't manage to achieve it. what do I do? :(
User avatar
illusion
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1219
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Location: Poland
Status: English Learner

Illusion ...hey!

Postby tikay » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:09 pm

Hi Illusion!
First I want to say thanks to you for telling me about the Morcheeba cd Big Calm...honestly sometimes I am so lame...I love them and I did not ever check on more cd's out by them so I looked in amazon and saw many I did not know...now I will try to get them one by one...I will be listening to them in there to see what they sound like and go from there. Thanks for that!
( I love the one cd I have had for years...so much! )
(a differant thread everyone)
also I am getting into trouble any time I give any of my ideas on how to do things...so I am scared now to share my thoughts ....so maybe others will give their advise because I will be accused of being haughty or some ~...I will refrain from giving advise anymore I think.
Peace * & Love*
since I first saw you I thought you look like a cool person, you can just tell...you look like a good friend. ( I like the way you think too)
tikay
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Lancaster, CA. U.S.

Re: Illusion ...hey!

Postby illusion » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:58 pm

tikay wrote:Hi Illusion!
First I want to say thanks to you for telling me about the Morcheeba cd Big Calm...honestly sometimes I am so lame...I love them and I did not ever check on more cd's out by them so I looked in amazon and saw many I did not know...now I will try to get them one by one...I will be listening to them in there to see what they sound like and go from there. Thanks for that!
( I love the one cd I have had for years...so much! )
(a differant thread everyone)
also I am getting into trouble any time I give any of my ideas on how to do things...so I am scared now to share my thoughts ....so maybe others will give their advise because I will be accused of being haughty or some ~...I will refrain from giving advise anymore I think.
Peace * & Love*
since I first saw you I thought you look like a cool person, you can just tell...you look like a good friend. ( I like the way you think too)


omg thank you so much, Tikay :) I think you shouldn't really care what other people think about you giving advice. I think the one about studying while cleaning sounded ingenious! I was trying to do something like that today while brushing my hair (and as it's quite long it takes a while to brush it properly). Anyway what I meant to say is that I find your posts really interesting. You seem like a person who knows a lot about life and that's good. So don't worry if anyone calls you a ''forum virign'' or something else. I think people who don't tolerate and respect your opinion, do it because they simply don't understand you...I hope you will help me with some interesting piece of advice on how to become more organised because recently it has overcome me totally...
And btw: the funny thing is I never actually listened to Morcheeba unless I heard their song ''Big calm'' in the latest Hamlet version with Ethan Hawke as a lead character...:)
User avatar
illusion
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1219
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Location: Poland
Status: English Learner

This is kind of a joke...but I will try to help you.

Postby tikay » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:49 pm

Well...i know a lot about organising but you should see my place. So maybe do as I say and not as I do would apply in this case. I am messy. But I am always organising, too. always.I have too many things and papers. I keep finding ways to keep them in boxes, bins cabinets and ....the books have taken over my house. I have made the main front room into a library office but they are in every room.
My latest was to buy these beautiful new boxes for a cheap price at an office store and put them on my bedroom closet shelves for storage...they are red, and look totally cool in the pink bedroom i share with my daughter...her dad took over the room that was once ours. We have broken up. So we are room-mates. (dont ask! :lol: ) I keep the papers that will one day help me write books (autobiographical stuff...journals too) in the blanket bags that come over blankets that I sometimes buy. I store these under the bed, in closets and now in my garage. They are just very heavy plastic.
My photographs are all in one large box now. The pictures and the memories are all I would grab in any emergency I guess...if I only had a minute so I keep them out in the open in the garage. That box is probably fourty pounds. It has gotten bigger and bigger... over the years...full of albums, boxes of pictures and loose ones that never got organised.
I have to go to out so ....just wanted to say something.
I always add lots of shelves to the furniture but now the house is very full, so now I must learn to throw out and give away more as I bring more in to the place. the best answer yet in my opinion.
see ya.
tikay
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Lancaster, CA. U.S.

Postby illusion » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:21 am

yeah that's a good solution but the thing that my major problem is hardly never finish what I start. I am just so lazy and I have too many things on my head that when I do something I can't do it properly because I already think about what's next and that's why I never get anything done. I am never on time and I just never get anything on time....I hate it but that's the awful truth...and I always put everything off...and later on I always plan to get back to the things I've put off but I can't never manage to do that! why is that? :(
User avatar
illusion
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1219
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Location: Poland
Status: English Learner

Re: One thing I don't like about myself

Postby phucauto3 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 am

harvester wrote:Hardly can I get up early for preparing the lesson in the morning. In class, I am not concentrated on the teacher's explanation. I often think about everything outside the lesson. I usually fel sleepy in the class. When I start to study I feel dizzy.

ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol: me, too. in class I even dont write down the lesson texts :lol: :lol:
I'm always absent-minded, so I have to spend too much time to find my belongings.
but I dont worry about it. no one is perfect. we should focus on day-work rather than worry about it. :wink:
User avatar
phucauto3
Gold Member
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:54 am
Location: Ha Noi/VietNam

Re: One thing I don't like about myself

Postby shokin » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:41 pm

tikay wrote:BUt....I have to completely disagree on the music thing. Unless you mean that a certain type of music makes you tired I have no idea what you mean.
Please explain more how music makes one tired. I do not understand it at all.
Thanks. Your pal T.K.


Whatever the music you liste to is, music is sound and sounds are waves, which are not without physical effects : (for example, makes you tired)

don't listen too much time to music.
don't listen to music too strongly.
don't listen to music who incitate to hatred or to crime

If you want to sleep well, it is adviced not to listen to hear music just before goint to bed. In a globaler vision, it is adviced not to expose yourself to many stimuli (tv and music send waves, which are stimuli, from the moment that you perceive them). Don't eat much just before sleeping because of digestion.

NB : I did not prohibit you to listen to music. :lol:

Some good music are : relaxation, meditation and yoga music, before sleeping or before a great effort (without forgetting stretching :mrgreen: ).

A good sound can be the absence of sound, the silence.

But silence sometimes makes too much sound (the silence law, the censure makes the taboo).

Shokin
User avatar
shokin
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Location: Switzerland
Status: English Learner

Re: One thing I don't like about myself

Postby harvester » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:29 pm

shokin wrote:
The question : are you guided by the life on the events ? or do you guide your life and the events ?

Think about your goals, your real goals. Are your daily actions orientated to your real goals ?

Do you sleep enought and regularly (always about at the same hours) ?

Each thing at its time. There is a time for each thing. (in your week)
Each thing at its place. There is a place for each thing. (in your room)

It means that you are more effective if you don't do too many things in the same time.

First end that what you have not ended, before beginning new things.

Too many people spend too much time to think about how they should be organized.

The best way to lose time is to do things twice. (Do it at once perfectly.)

If you spend too much time chatting, fix one limit of time, and respect it.

Do your "activities" really bring you something useful ? are you really active (watching tv is not active, and not the best way for resting) ?

Concentrate yourself only in what you are doing. [Each thing at its time.] It is said that non-concentration comes from fear of not controlling the people around, or fear of them looking at you. Actually, there can be many others causes.

Manage the flux of information : take only those which are useful. Each read information takes some place in your unconsciousness, in your daily life. Refuse the advertising (stamp on your letter box), avoid the newsletters. Sometimes (a week-end) make a total order in your room (and in your head) : What will you keep ? does it really bring you anything ?



Otherwise :

avoid smoking and drugs
don't listen too much time music. Even low, it makes us tired.
spend time discussing with friends (not in the virtual life)
good daily nutrition and daily sport

And smile ! :) :o :D 8) :P :mrgreen: :lol:



Shokin



Thanks for your advice shokin. Time doesn't wait anyone. I need I must change my way from thinking to acting. When keep thinking about my doing, I'm usually sad. Till I can put it out of my mind, it make me better. After reading your advice, I feel I'm a maven. I neen learn more from other people and outside. I feel hard to sleep, maybe I often think a lot of thing which I shouldn't think. Thank you very much Shokin, when I found this place, I really like it. I can discuss to evreybody happily, and I received lots of good advice.
Best regards, :)
User avatar
harvester
Gold Member
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:58 pm
Location: Vietnam

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests