WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FAST FOOD?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote:Lenny here is a question for you.

When I was watching THE IRON CHEF the other night. I noticed that they use an ingredient called "truffles". I always thought truffles were a chocolate; but these aren't. They are meat. My husband said that they are testicles. Do you think they would be bulls penis too? If so Japanese cooking is full of them.. :lol:
This one???? :? :? :?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truffles
Thanks Lenny; I checked out the web-site. There are chocolate truffles (but obviously totally different). I never thought they were a type of fungus. Well you learn something new everyday. 8) :D
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Wendy's is now serving 1 percent fat icecream cones! Yummy I had one yesterday. They are more like sorbet than icecream but they are delicious. The only thing that worried me was the icecream cone that it come in. So I ate the sorbet and gave my daughter the icecream cone; there would have to be alot of fat in those waffle cones. It is a shame they don't give you the whole picture when you are buying them. But otherwise they are delicious. :D
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote:Wendy's is now serving 1 percent fat icecream cones! Yummy I had one yesterday. They are more like sorbet than icecream but they are delicious. The only thing that worried me was the icecream cone that it come in. So I ate the sorbet and gave my daughter the icecream cone; there would have to be alot of fat in those waffle cones. It is a shame they don't give you the whole picture when you are buying them. But otherwise they are delicious. :D
I've never tried Wendy's before. They have their burger meat in square shape. :roll: Square? It's not even unique because it's just plain silly. A square piece of meat in between two round buns? C'mon, get back to the round shape already!...
Anyway, I don't like Wendy's. It reminds me of Denny's, which is a racist breakfast food chain in America :x . And did you read the news about a Wendy's and its incident?
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote:Wendy's is now serving 1 percent fat icecream cones! Yummy I had one yesterday. They are more like sorbet than icecream but they are delicious. The only thing that worried me was the icecream cone that it come in. So I ate the sorbet and gave my daughter the icecream cone; there would have to be alot of fat in those waffle cones. It is a shame they don't give you the whole picture when you are buying them. But otherwise they are delicious. :D
I've never tried Wendy's before. They have their burger meat in square shape. :roll: Square? It's not even unique because it's just plain silly. A square piece of meat in between two round buns? C'mon, get back to the round shape already!...
Anyway, I don't like Wendy's. It reminds me of Denny's, which is a racist breakfast food chain in America :x . And did you read the news about a Wendy's and its incident?
We only have a really small Wendy's franchise in my area; they only sell icecreams and hotdogs. No hamburgers. I do agree square shaped burger meat (why not have a square bun) it would make more sense.

What is the news about the an incident Lenny?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote: What is the news about the an incident Lenny?
Some woman found a cut-off finger in her soup or something like that at Wendy's. The company investigated the case, and I think it turned out it was an intended accusation. That woman wanted their money; that's why she did that. *Sigh* the power of money! Some people will sell their souls for anything to get easy money of other's.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Japan's McDonald's.
They're adding shrimp burgers in their menu. What do you think? Does it sound tempting enough for you to try if you could?
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote: What is the news about the an incident Lenny?
Some woman found a cut-off finger in her soup or something like that at Wendy's. The company investigated the case, and I think it turned out it was an intended accusation. That woman wanted their money; that's why she did that. *Sigh* the power of money! Some people will sell their souls for anything to get easy money of other's.
That really sucks I hate people that try to exploit! :twisted:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:Japan's McDonald's.
They're adding shrimp burgers in their menu. What do you think? Does it sound tempting enough for you to try if you could?
I can't say straight up that I would eat one. I think I would have to investigate it first. I can't imagine them doing it in Australia as prawns are so expensive. I would have thought that Subway has already done this; I suppose McDonalds doesn't like anyone trying to break their market hold.
:roll:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote: I can't say straight up that I would eat one. I think I would have to investigate it first. I can't imagine them doing it in Australia as prawns are so expensive. I would have thought that Subway has already done this; I suppose McDonalds doesn't like anyone trying to break their market hold.
:roll:
:shock: Wow, you have shrimp burgers in Australia? Man, you're lucky. I wish we would have those over here since I love seafood especially shrimps and crabs. And big prawns are expensive, but the small shrimps are not. They're about a dollar something per pound. I don't think this price is expensive, isn't it? Besides, I don't think it would be all shrimps; they would mix something like flour with the shrimps to cheapen the cost.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Hey which fries do you like better, regular french fries or curly fries?
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:Hey which fries do you like better, regular french fries or curly fries?
I haven't had curly fries; they sound nice and fatty though :lol: . I'm not a big fan of french fries; they taste great for the first couple while they are hot and then they are pretty ordinary. I prefer what we call steak frys or wedges. Oh this is making me hungry! :lol:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Well i'm in shock. Not being a big fan of any take-out really (except maybe Chinese). My son came around last weekend and told me that he loves fried onion rings :shock: . Apparently one of the hamburger chains is selling them (it might be Burger King).

I have never heard of it in Australia before. I know that they are really huge in America as I have seen television shows where people order them as a side dish. I can't think of anything worse! :P

Has anyone tried them? What do you think of them? :idea:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I ran an experiment tonight with my mother. She hates fast food, especially McDonalds. The only thing she will eat there from time to time is a fillet of fish. Anyway to cut a long story short tonight we were in the City and she had really no choice. So we went to Hungry Jacks (I was good I had a coffee) :( she had a whopper. She now loves their burgers. She said they taste like a real burger, they taste like they are bbq meat.

You see what I have done. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She won't be able to have them too often though as the nearest Hungry Jacks from where we live is 45 kilometres away; so I figure she is safe from addiction. :lol: :lol: :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Shazzam wrote:Well i'm in shock. Not being a big fan of any take-out really (except maybe Chinese). My son came around last weekend and told me that he loves fried onion rings :shock: . Apparently one of the hamburger chains is selling them (it might be Burger King).

I have never heard of it in Australia before. I know that they are really huge in America as I have seen television shows where people order them as a side dish. I can't think of anything worse! :P

Has anyone tried them? What do you think of them? :idea:
I hate white onions, but I have to say I do eat fried onion rings whenever I feel like having a fast-food meal. I would either get fried onion rings or curly fries; I hate regular french fries.
I think the way they do is they cut white onions into rings and then fry them with baking flour. They're really crunchy outside, but inside is kinda moist and soft. For some weird reason they don't taste bad. I don't have onion breath after eating them :lol: .
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Shazzam wrote:I ran an experiment tonight with my mother. She hates fast food, especially McDonalds. The only thing she will eat there from time to time is a fillet of fish. Anyway to cut a long story short tonight we were in the City and she had really no choice. So we went to Hungry Jacks (I was good I had a coffee) :( she had a whopper. She now loves their burgers. She said they taste like a real burger, they taste like they are bbq meat.

She won't be able to have them too often though as the nearest Hungry Jacks from where we live is 45 kilometres away; so I figure she is safe from addiction. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow, your mother is hip :wink: ! My mom hates this stuff. She only eat Chinese and Vietnamese food; she dislikes other kinda cuisines :roll: .
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
Shazzam wrote:I ran an experiment tonight with my mother. She hates fast food, especially McDonalds. The only thing she will eat there from time to time is a fillet of fish. Anyway to cut a long story short tonight we were in the City and she had really no choice. So we went to Hungry Jacks (I was good I had a coffee) :( she had a whopper. She now loves their burgers. She said they taste like a real burger, they taste like they are bbq meat.

Wow, your mother is hip :wink: ! My mom hates this stuff. She only eat Chinese and Vietnamese food; she dislikes other kinda cuisines :roll: .
My mum is really hip! I'm glad to say that. She will have a go at just about anything! 8)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Shazzam wrote: My mum is really hip! I'm glad to say that. She will have a go at just about anything! 8)
Did you let her try other fast food meals? :wink:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
Shazzam wrote: My mum is really hip! I'm glad to say that. She will have a go at just about anything! 8)
Did you let her try other fast food meals? :wink:
She doesn't like McDonalds she will only eat their Fillet of Fish burgers and a couple of their fries (but she loves their apple pies). She doesn't like Mexican food at all. She loves Chinese food (I mean really loves it). I told her I'm going to make her try sushi. :lol: :lol: She doesn't seem to keen; but I will make her try mine first. :lol: :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Shazzam wrote: She doesn't like McDonalds she will only eat their Fillet of Fish burgers and a couple of their fries (but she loves their apple pies). She doesn't like Mexican food at all. She loves Chinese food (I mean really loves it). I told her I'm going to make her try sushi. :lol: :lol: She doesn't seem to keen; but I will make her try mine first. :lol: :lol:
McDonalds' apple pies are the best. I loved the ones they used to bake and not fry. Those were so hot and crunchy and no oily at all. *Ummmm...yummy*
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
Shazzam wrote: She doesn't like McDonalds she will only eat their Fillet of Fish burgers and a couple of their fries (but she loves their apple pies). She doesn't like Mexican food at all. She loves Chinese food (I mean really loves it). I told her I'm going to make her try sushi. :lol: :lol: She doesn't seem to keen; but I will make her try mine first. :lol: :lol:
McDonalds' apple pies are the best. I loved the ones they used to bake and not fry. Those were so hot and crunchy and no oily at all. *Ummmm...yummy*
Have you tried Maccas Berry Yoghurt Crunch (I think that is the name). It is 97 percent fat free (so three percent fat). It is so yummy. 8) :) :)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Shazzam wrote:Have you tried Maccas Berry Yoghurt Crunch (I think that is the name). It is 97 percent fat free (so three percent fat). It is so yummy. 8) :) :)
I don't know what this is. The only thing yogurt and ice cream kinda thing I know at the big Mac is McFlurry, which is an ice cream in a cup with sprinkles in it. We have M&M in it.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
Shazzam wrote:Have you tried Maccas Berry Yoghurt Crunch (I think that is the name). It is 97 percent fat free (so three percent fat). It is so yummy. 8) :) :)
I don't know what this is. The only thing yogurt and ice cream kinda thing I know at the big Mac is McFlurry, which is an ice cream in a cup with sprinkles in it. We have M&M in it.
Oh we have them too but they are really fattening. No this is called a Berry Nut Crunch. It is made from yoghurt with mixed berries and topped with toasted museli. They come in a sundae cup so you feel like you are having a treat. They are so yummy. They are now my favorite fastfood treat (sweets). 8)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Shazzam wrote:Oh we have them too but they are really fattening. No this is called a Berry Nut Crunch. It is made from yoghurt with mixed berries and topped with toasted museli. They come in a sundae cup so you feel like you are having a treat. They are so yummy. They are now my favorite fastfood treat (sweets). 8)
Hmmmm...I have to check it again then since I can't remember what it is now.
HP

Food

Post by HP »

Hi, everybody! I'm a Vietnamese student, and I love eating. But in my country, people don't eat fast food much. Sometimes I want to eat fast food but at last I think traditional recipes are good for our health and delicious. Do you think so? Phuong.
By the way Lennye Tran you're vietnamese right? :D
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Food

Post by MissLT »

HP wrote:Hi, everybody! I'm a Vietnamese student, and I love eating. But in my country, people don't eat fast food much. Sometimes I want to eat fast food but at last I think traditional recipes are good for our health and delicious. Do you think so? Phuong.
By the way Lennye Tran you're vietnamese right? :D
Yes, I am. And when I was there last year, my cousins seemed to be fond with french fries and hot dogs. They had those at the kinda Westerner supermarkets with an okay price. One of my cousins liked them so much that we were right of thinking of getting those back to Vietnam; however, some peole told us those things had to be frozen always or something like that. That's why we didn't bring them. It was a loss.
HP

Vietnamese food

Post by HP »

Lennye Tran, do you know about Vietnamese food? Now you live in California, I think the Vietnamese sell our food. You know "pho" it's delicous. Oh,are there some more delicous food in USA ? Are they different from Vietnamese food? :wink:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Vietnamese food

Post by MissLT »

HP wrote:Lennye Tran, do you know about Vietnamese food? Now you live in California, I think the Vietnamese sell our food. You know "pho" it's delicous. Oh,are there some more delicous food in USA ? Are they different from Vietnamese food? :wink:
Do I know about Vietnamese food? Well, I'm Vietnamese, so I guess the answer is yes. I wasn't born in the States, you know. Even if I was, I would still know about Vietnamese food and everything about it since all my cousins were born in the States know everything about it. They could speak and write in Vietnamese, for an example.
And yes, California has all types of cuisines. I must say most of them are delicious. We have Chinatown, Italiantown, Japantown, Little Saigon, etc.-- good foods come from those areas. Although the foods from those areas are not as good as those in the original areas, but they're the best compared to other states in the U.S., especially the Mid-west states. They can't cook or know how to eat Asian food for crying out loud.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shokin wrote:Sure, it is cheaper, but... don't eat too much sushis. :lol:

Shokin
Why can't one eat too much sushi rolls? :?
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
shokin wrote:Sure, it is cheaper, but... don't eat too much sushis. :lol:

Shokin
Why can't one eat too much sushi rolls? :?
I have heard that a Japanese became very ill from eating too much sushi. He was totally addicted. Apparently he got some really bad worm from eating too much raw fish. The sushi I make doesn't have raw fish in it, so I can eat as much as I like. :wink:

Apparently too much raw fish is bad for you. I suppose it is the same as everything else (moderation). There are alot of parasites in the fish (from what I have heard). :shock:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Shazzam wrote: I have heard that a Japanese became very ill from eating too much sushi. He was totally addicted. Apparently he got some really bad worm from eating too much raw fish. The sushi I make doesn't have raw fish in it, so I can eat as much as I like. :wink:

Apparently too much raw fish is bad for you. I suppose it is the same as everything else (moderation). There are alot of parasites in the fish (from what I have heard). :shock:
Hmmm... salmon and tuna sushi rolls they have are not really raw. They use lemon juice to kill the parasites and stuff. And with our acidic stomach everything mostly will be fine. Anyway, I can't see how a person can eat too much sushi, you know, since those rolls are filled with rice. How many bowls of rice with other stuff in them can you eat? Not a lot, I hope. :?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shokin wrote:One day, I will prepare a script about nutrition.

When I'll know nutrition better. :mrgreen:

Ideas : nature's and our health !

Shokin
Hey, this is a really good idea. Why don't you make a new thread about this and we'll all try to participate with our plans about being healthy? Hehehehehehe... and we could make a book out of it called I know how they stay healthy by EC members copyrighted in 2005 :lol: .
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
shokin wrote:One day, I will prepare a script about nutrition.

When I'll know nutrition better. :mrgreen:

Ideas : nature's and our health !

Shokin
Hey, this is a really good idea. Why don't you make a new thread about this and we'll all try to participate with our plans about being healthy? Hehehehehehe... and we could make a book out of it called I know how they stay healthy by EC members copyrighted in 2005 :lol: .
:lol: :lol: No one would buy it! :lol: We are all sick of being told to eat healthy..I like being naughty from time to time. :lol: :lol:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Have you ever had a 'pluto pup' for lunch? :lol: :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Shazzam wrote:
:lol: :lol: No one would buy it! :lol: We are all sick of being told to eat healthy..I like being naughty from time to time. :lol: :lol:
:lol: Awww how mean of you; you've shot down our chances of being excellent writers. You never know when you'd be the next J.K. Rowling. We could make a story how a kid is fighting with foods to stay healthy, you know. Am I dreaming too much, aren't I? :lol: :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Shazzam wrote:Have you ever had a 'pluto pup' for lunch? :lol: :lol:
What's that? :?
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:

WAIT FOR IT
probably the most fatty thing you can eat on the planet! :lol: :lol: It is a huge here at football matches etc as fast food. It is a frankfurt with a long stick stuck inside it; then dipped in batter and deep fried, of course you have to have the legendary tomato sauce top. :lol: :lol: :lol: I can feel the chest pains even thinking about it. :lol: :lol:

I have to admit I have had them and they are totally yummy when they are hot, but after you have eaten them you feel bloated!!! :twisted:

YOU WOULD HATE THESE SHOKIN :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

At last our area has a new food outlet. It is tucked away so I didn't even know that it was there. A NOODLE BAR! Yes !!!!

I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to this weekend. Has anyone been to a noodle bar so you can tell me what to expect. 8)

AND don't say OODLES OF NOODLES!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Shazzam wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:

WAIT FOR IT
probably the most fatty thing you can eat on the planet! :lol: :lol: It is a huge here at football matches etc as fast food. It is a frankfurt with a long stick stuck inside it; then dipped in batter and deep fried, of course you have to have the legendary tomato sauce top. :lol: :lol: :lol: I can feel the chest pains even thinking about it. :lol: :lol:

I have to admit I have had them and they are totally yummy when they are hot, but after you have eaten them you feel bloated!!! :twisted:

YOU WOULD HATE THESE SHOKIN :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: It's quite a time that I've not put my feet here.

Finally what do you say about a thread where everyone put a "healthy advice" ? where would I put the thread ? (I am not the whole science)

Shokin
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Shokin why don't you start you thread in this forum FOOD. Healthy choices etc with maybe some healthy recipes and healthy food outlets that you know. 8)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Shazzam wrote:At last our area has a new food outlet. It is tucked away so I didn't even know that it was there. A NOODLE BAR! Yes !!!!

I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to this weekend. Has anyone been to a noodle bar so you can tell me what to expect. 8)

I've never been to one. Take a lot of pictures if you're going. Then post it at photobucket so we all can see the food. Also, you can tell us how it's like. Gosh, it would be so good.....*drooling*
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shokin wrote: Finally what do you say about a thread where everyone put a "healthy advice" ? where would I put the thread ? (I am not the whole science)

Shokin
I think it could be either in health and fitness or food and drink forums. The topic is related to both food and health. :wink:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
Shazzam wrote:At last our area has a new food outlet. It is tucked away so I didn't even know that it was there. A NOODLE BAR! Yes !!!!

I've never been to one. Take a lot of pictures if you're going. Then post it at photobucket so we all can see the food. Also, you can tell us how it's like. Gosh, it would be so good.....*drooling*
I went to the noodle bar, it was yummy. You can have any type you like with any combination. I had singapore noodles with prawns. It was pretty inexpensive too. $9.00 for a large bowl. You can't complain about that. They also served sushi. I think many people are starting to make more sensible choices with takeout in Australia. I have noticed how many people are looking for alternatives to Mcdonalds. It is good to see.

Mind you I think shop owners have to do something about the price of a salad sandwich. This is why so many people choose places like Mcdonalds. $5.00 for a salad sandwich is a joke. :roll:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

shokin wrote:
I don't agree with this. I keep and will keep encouraging self-cooking everywhere.

Shokin
I understand what you are saying Shokin and definately it is preferable for people to cook for themselves, however it is all about the choices that you make about fast food. Fast food can be a great thing, it is better to eat something than nothing if you aren't able to cook for yourself. It is the choice that you make about what type of fast food you are going to have and how often you have it. It is a lifestyle choice. The problem is that alot of people ONLY eat fast food. BAD choice. If you only have fast food once a month and you try to select healthy fast food: GOOD choice. 8)
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

So... if you are really forced to choose any fast food :?

There maybe be some cheap restaurants with good meals for health.

One pizza with vegetables.

One sandwich with vegetable (and not much sauce).

One kebab :lol: (it is one of my favourite and occasional meals).

Sushis !!!

Chinese rice !!!

You can buy fruits, carots, bred !!!

I miss ideas... I not often buy ready-made meals. And I won't encourage McDollars, BurkerKings or Wallmarde !

Shokin
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

shokin wrote:One kebab :lol: (it is one of my favourite and occasional meals).

Sushis !!!

I miss ideas... I not often buy ready-made meals. And I won't encourage McDollars, BurkerKings or Wallmarde !

Shokin
8) Me too Shokin (I love kebabs) if I have fast food that is the choice I would make everytime (1st), second is Sushi (but that is a little harder to get here). :D
ANDYTAN

Post by ANDYTAN »

LennyeTran wrote:
shokin wrote: You see : you know my position. :mrgreen:

Fast food is bad for "know-how" in culinary art.

Fast food is more expensive than your own and good buying.

Fast food is rarely good according to the dieteticians.

Fast food is a picture of our society, too fast (and furious :lol: ).

Shokin
Although fast food is bad for our health, it still is a part of a culture, American culture. It's a part of innovation and diffusion of culture. Before, fast food was not that popular since family time during dinner was expected and valued; however, the traditions have changed. People nowadays are more busy with work and stuff; therefore, we need something fast and cheap. Fast food is the answer. It's spread all over the North America and Europe; now it's going for Asia. Study has shown that Asian kids are getting fatter because of fast food. It's something to study or learn about. no need to go against for, I suppose. I don't vote for or against fast food. It's come and it will go.
Wow!! I can't believe that as the fast food which would be regard as a part of culture.. :P indeed, amerrican is famous for fast food. such as KFC and MDL ..their's ad appear in all over the place.( no only in the TV BUT also in public truck) . we always can see that ad when after school. as you know , kids must request their parent take he or her to eat it when they see the ad . sometime I feel that the ad's influence so huge from I see of fact. if you ask me who's better of the fast food ..i would choose the KFC which just I so favor the drumstick . I must order it when I come in the KFC everytime .. :lol: but in fact , chinese main of food is rice. so went to eat the fast food's the crowd which parts of the children . as in my opinion , I claim TO object the fast food .. because it isn't good for the health. I personly think we can to eat .but can't eat it everyday.
ANDYTAN

Post by ANDYTAN »

LennyeTran wrote:
shokin wrote: You see : you know my position. :mrgreen:

Fast food is bad for "know-how" in culinary art.

Fast food is more expensive than your own and good buying.

Fast food is rarely good according to the dieteticians.

Fast food is a picture of our society, too fast (and furious :lol: ).

Shokin
Although fast food is bad for our health, it still is a part of a culture, American culture. It's a part of innovation and diffusion of culture. Before, fast food was not that popular since family time during dinner was expected and valued; however, the traditions have changed. People nowadays are more busy with work and stuff; therefore, we need something fast and cheap. Fast food is the answer. It's spread all over the North America and Europe; now it's going for Asia. Study has shown that Asian kids are getting fatter because of fast food. It's something to study or learn about. no need to go against for, I suppose. I don't vote for or against fast food. It's come and it will go.
Wow!! I can't believe that as the fast food which would be regard as a part of culture.. :P indeed, amerrican is famous for fast food. such as KFC and MDL ..their's ad appear in all over the place.( no only in the TV BUT also in public truck) . we always can see that ad when after school. as you know , kids must request their parent take he or her to eat it when they see the ad . sometime I feel that the ad's influence so huge from I see of fact. if you ask me who's better of the fast food ..i would choose the KFC which just I so favor the drumstick . I must order it when I come in the KFC everytime .. :lol: but in fact , chinese main of food is rice. so went to eat the fast food's the crowd which parts of the children . as in my opinion , I claim TO object the fast food .. because it isn't good for the health. I personly think we can to eat .but can't eat it everyday.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

ANDYTAN wrote:
Wow!! I can't believe that as the fast food which would be regard as a part of culture.. :P indeed, amerrican is famous for fast food. such as KFC and MDL ..their's ad appear in all over the place.( no only in the TV BUT also in public truck) .
When a person asks you what is American food, what would you say? I bet the chance that fast food pops in your mind is really high. Indeed it is of American culture. Other cusines we have in America are not really American food since Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Filippino, etc. are from other cultures and not American's. We can't say those cuisines are of American culture even if they are made in America. So what if they are made in America?
ANDYTAN

Post by ANDYTAN »

LennyeTran wrote:
ANDYTAN wrote:
Wow!! I can't believe that as the fast food which would be regard as a part of culture.. :P indeed, amerrican is famous for fast food. such as KFC and MDL ..their's ad appear in all over the place.( no only in the TV BUT also in public truck) .
When a person asks you what is American food, what would you say? I bet the chance that fast food pops in your mind is really high. Indeed it is of American culture. Other cusines we have in America are not really American food since Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Filippino, etc. are from other cultures and not American's. We can't say those cuisines are of American culture even if they are made in America. So what if they are made in America?
yes.. I would think of fast food the frist time if person mention the Amercan food.. because let us know about the american 's culture just fast food in china.. I can't know american's dieteticly culture except fast food.. above you mention other counrty's dieteticly culture entry into amrican which didn't say cuisines are of amerrican culture.. it also appear in china.. but so waht ?? I believe it will suitable of every country culture when they come in ...
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

ANDYTAN wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:
ANDYTAN wrote:
yes.. I would think of fast food the frist time if person mention the Amercan food.. because let us know about the american 's culture just fast food in china.. I can't know american's dieteticly culture except fast food.. above you mention other counrty's dieteticly culture entry into amrican which didn't say cuisines are of amerrican culture.. it also appear in china.. but so waht ?? I believe it will suitable of every country culture when they come in ...
I do agree with you that when you think of American cuisine you think of their fast food outlets. However they do have some defined classic foods in America. For example home-made southern fried chicken (obviously Colonel Sanders ran with this one hence we now have KFC). I have heard of only a few recipes that remind me of America (like corn bread). Lenny maybe you could tell us some other traditional American food. 8)