EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

what is your opinion about bats?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

what is your opinion about bats?

Postby hereiam » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:20 pm

are in your countries any myths/prejudices/legends towards these mammals?
Maybe you eat them???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bats
Thanks for any suggestions (if any):)
hereiam
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:34 pm

Now that I am reading Bram Stoker's novel Dracula, you can imagine what my idea of bats is right now :twisted: :roll: :lol:
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

hello Dixie:)

Postby hereiam » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:16 pm

That's sounds really interesting.
Unfortunatelly I know very little about Transylvania's vampires:(.
Happy reading!:)
hereiam
Gold Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:37 pm

I hate bats. They're like pigeons. Rats with wings. They carry diseases, but unlike them pigeons are cuter and nicer.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Tora » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:32 pm

Dixie wrote:Now that I am reading Bram Stoker's novel Dracula, you can imagine what my idea of bats is right now :twisted: :roll: :lol:

Marvellous book! But really terrifying... i hope you don't read it before going to bed - i had troubles with falling asleep! :shock: (just like Lucy Westerna)

Russia vs Bats
similar prejudices like in other countries, bats are considered to be evil creatures! :twisted:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:51 pm

Tora wrote:Marvellous book! But really terrifying... i hope you don't read it before going to bed - i had troubles with falling asleep! :shock: (just like Lucy Westerna)

I read it all the time, I carry it everywhere :lol: Of course I read it before going to bed, too ;) I want to finish it before the end of next week. I really think it's terrifying. I wanted to see the movie based on the book. I started to download Coppola's version of it on emule. Two days ago, I already had 50% of it, but I previewed it and I didn't like it, I freaked out and deleted it... Now I think I am going to download it again.
Dixie

Postby Dixie » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:49 pm

Tora wrote:Marvellous book! But really terrifying... i hope you don't read it before going to bed - i had troubles with falling asleep! :shock: (just like Lucy Westerna)

Tora I thought about you this morning. I had a nightmare about vampires and sims!!!! :twisted: It turns out I am trying to get one of my Sims into a vampire (I am a rookie about that, I've never done it before), so I dreamt that he was not only a vampire but also real, and he wanted to bite me... I was so scared... His wife was a vampire too and both of them were running after me...
Dixie

Postby Anahita » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:12 am

Dixie wrote:

I read it all the time, I carry it everywhere :lol: Of course I read it before going to bed, too ;) I want to finish it before the end of next week. I really think it's terrifying. I wanted to see the movie based on the book. I started to download Coppola's version of it on emule. Two days ago, I already had 50% of it, but I previewed it and I didn't like it, I freaked out and deleted it... Now I think I am going to download it again.

I have both the book and the movie on dvd and in my opinion the movie is much more better and it's really scary ( and fun ! :lol: 8) ) i think its one of the most tragic love story that i have ever heard :( and when i was watching how Dracula was crying when lost Mina for second time i just felt sympathy for this lonely creature and his sad destiny .. you should see how at the end of movie he looks at Mina's eyes and says " free me .." and then she gives him a kiss and cut his head off with a sword to free his soul from darkness .. :cry: so touching and effective .. :cry:
Anahita
Platinum Member

Postby Arale » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:45 am

Bats? :roll: I just see them sometimes in some caves. I think they are good for farmers because bats' food is mice. They aren't so as terrible as in Dracula. Here's some information about bats.

http://www.incrediblebats.com/
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Dixie » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:27 am

Anahita wrote:I have both the book and the movie on dvd and in my opinion the movie is much more better and it's really scary ( and fun ! :lol: 8) ) i think its one of the most tragic love story that i have ever heard :( and when i was watching how Dracula was crying when lost Mina for second time i just felt sympathy for this lonely creature and his sad destiny .. you should see how at the end of movie he looks at Mina's eyes and says " free me .." and then she gives him a kiss and cut his head off with a sword to free his soul from darkness .. :cry: so touching and effective .. :cry:

Anahita you've spoiled the end!!! :(
Dixie

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions