EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

what is your opinion about bats?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

what is your opinion about bats?

Postby hereiam » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:20 pm

are in your countries any myths/prejudices/legends towards these mammals?
Maybe you eat them???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bats
Thanks for any suggestions (if any):)
hereiam
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:34 pm

Now that I am reading Bram Stoker's novel Dracula, you can imagine what my idea of bats is right now :twisted: :roll: :lol:
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

hello Dixie:)

Postby hereiam » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:16 pm

That's sounds really interesting.
Unfortunatelly I know very little about Transylvania's vampires:(.
Happy reading!:)
hereiam
Gold Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:37 pm

I hate bats. They're like pigeons. Rats with wings. They carry diseases, but unlike them pigeons are cuter and nicer.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Tora » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:32 pm

Dixie wrote:Now that I am reading Bram Stoker's novel Dracula, you can imagine what my idea of bats is right now :twisted: :roll: :lol:

Marvellous book! But really terrifying... i hope you don't read it before going to bed - i had troubles with falling asleep! :shock: (just like Lucy Westerna)

Russia vs Bats
similar prejudices like in other countries, bats are considered to be evil creatures! :twisted:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:51 pm

Tora wrote:Marvellous book! But really terrifying... i hope you don't read it before going to bed - i had troubles with falling asleep! :shock: (just like Lucy Westerna)

I read it all the time, I carry it everywhere :lol: Of course I read it before going to bed, too ;) I want to finish it before the end of next week. I really think it's terrifying. I wanted to see the movie based on the book. I started to download Coppola's version of it on emule. Two days ago, I already had 50% of it, but I previewed it and I didn't like it, I freaked out and deleted it... Now I think I am going to download it again.
Dixie

Postby Dixie » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:49 pm

Tora wrote:Marvellous book! But really terrifying... i hope you don't read it before going to bed - i had troubles with falling asleep! :shock: (just like Lucy Westerna)

Tora I thought about you this morning. I had a nightmare about vampires and sims!!!! :twisted: It turns out I am trying to get one of my Sims into a vampire (I am a rookie about that, I've never done it before), so I dreamt that he was not only a vampire but also real, and he wanted to bite me... I was so scared... His wife was a vampire too and both of them were running after me...
Dixie

Postby Anahita » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:12 am

Dixie wrote:

I read it all the time, I carry it everywhere :lol: Of course I read it before going to bed, too ;) I want to finish it before the end of next week. I really think it's terrifying. I wanted to see the movie based on the book. I started to download Coppola's version of it on emule. Two days ago, I already had 50% of it, but I previewed it and I didn't like it, I freaked out and deleted it... Now I think I am going to download it again.

I have both the book and the movie on dvd and in my opinion the movie is much more better and it's really scary ( and fun ! :lol: 8) ) i think its one of the most tragic love story that i have ever heard :( and when i was watching how Dracula was crying when lost Mina for second time i just felt sympathy for this lonely creature and his sad destiny .. you should see how at the end of movie he looks at Mina's eyes and says " free me .." and then she gives him a kiss and cut his head off with a sword to free his soul from darkness .. :cry: so touching and effective .. :cry:
Anahita
Platinum Member

Postby Arale » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:45 am

Bats? :roll: I just see them sometimes in some caves. I think they are good for farmers because bats' food is mice. They aren't so as terrible as in Dracula. Here's some information about bats.

http://www.incrediblebats.com/
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Dixie » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:27 am

Anahita wrote:I have both the book and the movie on dvd and in my opinion the movie is much more better and it's really scary ( and fun ! :lol: 8) ) i think its one of the most tragic love story that i have ever heard :( and when i was watching how Dracula was crying when lost Mina for second time i just felt sympathy for this lonely creature and his sad destiny .. you should see how at the end of movie he looks at Mina's eyes and says " free me .." and then she gives him a kiss and cut his head off with a sword to free his soul from darkness .. :cry: so touching and effective .. :cry:

Anahita you've spoiled the end!!! :(
Dixie

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions