EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Secrets of Success

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

success!!

Postby phucauto3 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:28 pm

success, by definition, mean achieving your objects. Thus a successful person must be an individual that accomplishes his objectives more often than he fails to do so. Success is largely defined by measures such as wealth, position, status. In addition success is measured by one's capabilities
User avatar
phucauto3
Gold Member
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:54 am
Location: Ha Noi/VietNam

Postby sunnyni » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:50 am

From the replies , I concluded that many people believe that success is not wealth and position. It is defined as if one person can do what he want . So what you want to do now? Learning English? Maybe now we are all not success. If we want to sucess, we must have wealth , i think this is a basic condition. so you come here to study English for a better future.
sunnyni
Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:47 am

Postby MissLT » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:02 pm

sunnyni wrote:From the replies , I concluded that many people believe that success is not wealth and position. It is defined as if one person can do what he want . So what you want to do now? Learning English? Maybe now we are all not success. If we want to sucess, we must have wealth , i think this is a basic condition. so you come here to study English for a better future.

Some people study English just to know another language, to communicate with other peoplw who know how to speak English, etc. It doesn't have to be for your own future job. Well, speaking more than one language does benefit you for getting a better job, which is a better salary; however, what if you were a retired person who were learning another language? What do you say about those cases?
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby sunnyni » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:52 am

LennyeTran wrote:
sunnyni wrote:From the replies , I concluded that many people believe that success is not wealth and position. It is defined as if one person can do what he want . So what you want to do now? Learning English? Maybe now we are all not success. If we want to sucess, we must have wealth , i think this is a basic condition. so you come here to study English for a better future.

Some people study English just to know another language, to communicate with other peoplw who know how to speak English, etc. It doesn't have to be for your own future job. Well, speaking more than one language does benefit you for getting a better job, which is a better salary; however, what if you were a retired person who were learning another language? What do you say about those cases?[/qu

I just want to give a instance.
I always can't do the thing that i want for i have not enough money. So i am not successful. Maybe the wealth people can't do what they want to do too. In the buddha , Greed is the enemy of the human. Everyone will be successful if he has no greed.
sunnyni
Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:47 am

Postby phucauto3 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:07 am

sunnyni!!!
What 's the diffirence between money and success in you!
to many people, family, job, social standing, knowledge is more important. If we can combine all perfectly, we will be successful
User avatar
phucauto3
Gold Member
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:54 am
Location: Ha Noi/VietNam

Postby MissLT » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:47 pm

sunnyni wrote: In the buddha , Greed is the enemy of the human. Everyone will be successful if he has no greed.

Yes, but wanting things for you or taking things that are not yours because you want them are greed. However, doing things for others or helping others is one of many ways to be successful, and it's not a greed. They are not a greed because you don't want thing for yourself or others. You help them because it's a part of one human being should do to another, and they'll be happy because of your help since you're a sincere person who just help without asking something back in return; therefore, to some people it could be a success because it's a part of the goals to them-- helping others when you could without asking something back in return. If you help people to get them to like you, then it's a part of a greed, for you've helped people with a purpose. It's not a genuine act.
About setting goals and wanting to achieve them are also greed; however, I think there are levels of greed. Not all greed are just plain bad. For instance, your greed based on the happiness of others could be a good or a bad thing. If your greed will make them happy, then is it good or bad? I think you know the answer. If your greed will take away their happiness, then I think you know it's a good or bad thing, right?
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby sunnyni » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:49 am

Yes, it is me neglect the other side meaning of the greed.

Each time we dicuss the problem, we have to balance the both side of it, bad and good.
sunnyni
Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:47 am

Postby Codby » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:29 am

Oh,Phu said about napoleon.
He is my idol.!!!I often get aggressive as him

I admire his talent,his character.His life is an immortal epic!!!

All my love for him!!
Codby
Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:44 am
Location: Hanoi

Postby star*dust » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:15 pm

hello everyone, I just wanna say that i completely agree with what Bob Dylan said.... to me, if u go to bed and u did wat u wanted during the day then ur successful no doubt there. success is mistakingly perceived these days as doing sth that brings alot of money and move u up in social class..i say success is doing wat u want and being happy and satisfied....I believe that's the meaning of life:)
star*dust
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:03 pm
Location: Jordan

Postby Vega » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:25 pm

Idea is a secret of success
User avatar
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
 
Posts: 2512
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Status: English Learner

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests