EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

"Marriages" between people of the same sex?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby Norshan » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:35 pm

ofcourse it should not be allowed at all and even to think about it !! first of all coz it is not allowed in any religion and god has a wisdom to allow or not allow things even if we don"t know why it is allowed or not!! and when we think about it..it is something strange !! coz everything in our life is male and female..animals,plants,humans..there is a balance in our life so why we wanna destroy it !!
Norshan

Postby MissLT » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:17 pm

Norshan wrote:ofcourse it should not be allowed at all and even to think about it !! first of all coz it is not allowed in any religion and god has a wisdom to allow or not allow things even if we don"t know why it is allowed or not!! and when we think about it..it is something strange !! coz everything in our life is male and female..animals,plants,humans..there is a balance in our life so why we wanna destroy it !!

So, you think that there's no sexual orientation of one species to another species of the same sex happening animals? :?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby TearHere » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:42 am

Norshan wrote:ofcourse it should not be allowed at all and even to think about it !! first of all coz it is not allowed in any religion and god has a wisdom to allow or not allow things even if we don"t know why it is allowed or not!! and when we think about it..it is something strange !! coz everything in our life is male and female..animals,plants,humans..there is a balance in our life so why we wanna destroy it !!

hi there... you said that it is not allowed in any religion.. i'm just wondering if you had any basis?.. see.. i have read an article about homosexuality.. and it says.. Not all world religions have a problem with homosexuality; many sects of Buddhism, for example, celebrate gay relationships freely and would like to have the authority to make them legal marriages.. ( http://www.bidstrup.com/marriage.htm )..

..i've been contemplating on this homosexuality issue recently having read the pro's side..

LennyeTran wrote: Christians said Jesus died for ALL sins, which means including heterosexuals AND homosexuals. However, there are maybe many things that I don't know why the Church go against the idea of God is all loving and caring for humankind to forbid their marriages. And I'm gonna find out....

right..i'm a christian. and like you, i'm finding out things a step at a time. what's nice about talking about this homosexuality issue is that, we get to open our minds to different views of different peoples. my religion and ethics teacher and I are gonna meet next monday, and this issue is very timely because we are talking about this issues... i'll see what i would be learning.. anyhow, i appreciate your views, it has really helped me in weighing things... and by the way, i also have gay friends, and i respect them too.. :wink:

until next time.
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:02 am

TearHere wrote:
hi there... you said that it is not allowed in any religion.. i'm just wondering if you had any basis?.. see.. i have read an article about homosexuality.. and it says.. Not all world religions have a problem with homosexuality; many sects of Buddhism, for example, celebrate gay relationships freely and would like to have the authority to make them legal marriages.. ( http://www.bidstrup.com/marriage.htm )..

..i've been contemplating on this homosexuality issue recently having read the pro's side..

Have you ever come across to read this article yet, tearhere? I think it's pretty interesting to open an accurate view for the Buddhists about this issue and how a Buddhist should react upon this problem, you know.

http://www.buddhanet.net/homosexu.htm
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby TearHere » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:35 am

LennyeTran wrote:
TearHere wrote:Have you ever come across to read this article yet, tearhere? I think it's pretty interesting to open an accurate view for the Buddhists about this issue and how a Buddhist should react upon this problem, you know.

http://www.buddhanet.net/homosexu.htm

thanks. it really helped. about the accuracy, i acknowledge my mistake of not finding really precise articles. next will be better, more accurate.

have a nice day.
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:42 am

TearHere wrote:thanks. it really helped. about the accuracy, i acknowledge my mistake of not finding really precise articles. next will be better, more accurate.

have a nice day.

What I meant by accurate was that even within Buddhists, we still have our differences about this view. Most people in my family think this is a sin although we are Buddhists. And a lot of Buddhists in Vietnam I know think the same way. I think it's a part of the culture we're raised in that leads them to this point. To me, they've gone against what a real Buddhist should think and react. Therefore, it's nice to me to have this article from Buddhist site for Buddhists. It's more convincing.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Norshan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:03 am

So, you think that there's no sexual orientation of one species to another species of the same sex happening animals? :?[/quote]
ofcourse there is not between the same sex !! :shock:
may i know how old are you lennytran?
Norshan

Postby Norshan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:38 am

Hi TearHere..do you think an article is a basis ?! from where this article? my religion is islam..and it is not allowed in islam..ofcourse i've basis from quraan..and m sure that it is not allowed in christian!! try to search in the oppesite side for this issue..and then i wanna know your opinion plz..
Norshan

Postby MissLT » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:11 am

Norshan wrote:ofcourse there is not between the same sex !! :shock:
may i know how old are you lennytran?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/07/0722_040722_gayanimal.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_an ... l_behavior

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals

And what does my age have anything to do with this topic, I may ask?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Norshan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:17 pm

Hi LennyeTran..nothing i just wanted to know if you r studying in school or in uni. or may be working..thats it !!
never mind if you don't wanna tell me your age..no problem..
what do you think about your question to me?
Norshan

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion