EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

"Marriages" between people of the same sex?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby MissLT » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:38 pm

Norshan wrote:what do you think about your question to me?

Read the links and enlighten yourself with the scientific facts of life. :wink:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby kitshen » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:02 pm

well,in fact,i think everyone has the rights to choose the life by himself.According to this question,i think "marriges"between the same sex is acceptable.It should be legal because we should respect these people's own choice.although i won't do this,hehe~ 8)
kitshen

Postby Norshan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:47 am

thanks LennyeTran..i enlighten myself..so what?!
do you wanna humans be and do like animals ?! our god makes many differents between humans and animals..so we are humans and must behave as humans !!
Norshan

Postby MissLT » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:01 pm

Norshan wrote:thanks LennyeTran..i enlighten myself..so what?!
do you wanna humans be and do like animals ?! our god makes many differents between humans and animals..so we are humans and must behave as humans !!

If you had enlightened yourself with the scientific facts of life, then you should have known that homosexuality was a common thing within animal species. This is not something unnatural to get all grossed out and prejudiced about. So what if we are humans? I must remind you that humans are just one species in the classification of animal kingdom as like other animals. Some people behave even worse than animals, so don't sit there and get all superior and narrow-minded about things around you.

Well, believing in a religion is good; however, if a religion tells you that something is bad and you should be against it, for example, homosexuality, then you should question it yourself. "Love the humankind; love thy neighbors" et cetera is a basic rule in any of the holy books. Does that rule only apply on heterosexuals? And why some people live their lives different than yours can't get treated the same when they're just as humans as you are??? What gives you the right to get all supreme to judge their love is wrong?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby TearHere » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:41 am

LennyeTran wrote:

Well, believing in a religion is good; however, if a religion tells you that something is bad and you should be against it, for example, homosexuality, then you should question it yourself. "Love the humankind; love thy neighbors" et cetera is a basic rule in any of the holy books. Does that rule only apply on heterosexuals? And why some people live their lives different than yours can't get treated the same when they're just as humans as you are??? What gives you the right to get all supreme to judge their love is wrong?

i've realized this.. in my religion, my teacher told me that, God doesn't hate people, it's what they do(bad things and the like..) that he wants to be changed..

so i've realised that it applies with homos as well..as long as they do not hurt or harm other people there's no reason for me to judge 'em (though i admit before, i had a preconceived opinion about this issue, now the picture is quite clear.. thanks to some people :wink: ..)
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby MissLT » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:10 am

TearHere wrote:
i've realized this.. in my religion, my teacher told me that, God doesn't hate people, it's what they do(bad things and the like..) that he wants to be changed..

I'm sorry I don't quite understand this part. :?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby TearHere » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:02 am

LennyeTran wrote:
TearHere wrote:

I'm sorry I don't quite understand this part. :?

what about it.. as in everything?.. i explain really bad.. :roll: i know..
anyway.. that's what she told me..see my classmate raised a Q about God forgiving homos.. and that's what she said..

oh i kind of see my fault now..was it the "so i realized that it applies to homos as well..." phrase that confused you and what my upper statement had to do with it??..
gosh i'm lost.. really bad bad english..

or did you mean by "I don't quite understand this part" is for me to explain the statement?...

sorry... i'm slow for the moment..... :oops:
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby MissLT » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:49 pm

Oh, I meant what did you mean by he wants to be changed? I was confused by that part. Sorry, I forgot to bold that part.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby TearHere » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:03 am

LennyeTran wrote:Oh, I meant what did you mean by he wants to be changed? I was confused by that part. Sorry, I forgot to bold that part.

oh that...he doesn't want us to do such things... oh gosh.. still can't get it?.. nevermind..heheh..

gotta go.. my computer addict brotheeeeerrrr is gona take over :evil: oohh.. how i hate it when i have to let him use the pc.. but i just can't say no either... :evil:

see yah..
When all else fails..don't stop.
TearHere
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion